Heat trade rumor | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heat trade rumor

No way in HELL. James Posey fits perfectly in this team, and likely will be the starter again over Walker next regular season. I'm tired of Portland fans trying to come up with a trade for Darius Miles to Miami, especially in realgm.com .

Posey seemed like a perfect fit off the bench for Miami. And Walker finally got it together during the playoffs as a starter. He proved that he's a PLAYOFFS guy.

Darius Miles....seems like a dog with fleas. Much like Jeff George was in the NFL. A big tease. Seems like he plays somewhere for two years, then they can't wait to get rid of him.

And I didn't know it was possible for anyone under 6-10 to shoot a worse FT percentage than Shaq. But Miles' BEST season by far was 53%. Career 47%. Just what the Heat needs: another guy who's a horrible at the line. With a (reportedly) horrible contract to boot.

So you gain athleticism and perhaps defense. But lose size, range, shooting, FTs, clutch, work ethic and attitude. And inherit a worse contract.

I don't know anything about Outlaw.

It doesn't matter, the mighty Bulls will crush the Heat in the playoffs.

I may be the only one that likes this trade for the trail blazers gives them a full lineup to throw on the court that can play

PG Brandon Roy
SG Martell Webster
SF Antoine Walker
PF Zach Randolph
C LaMarcus Aldridge

Phins28 said:
It doesn't matter, the mighty Bulls will crush the Heat in the playoffs.
:rolleyes2 :sidelol: :rolleyes2

:refuse:

The only way this trade would make sense is if the Heat could turn around and dump Miles on some team with cap space. Walker + Doleac for Outlaw and a pick would be a good deal. But there is no way Portland would take on Walker's absurd deal, even if it meant ridding themselves of Miles' contract. Portland is looking to dump salary, not take on more.

Buddwalk said:
I may be the only one that likes this trade for the trail blazers gives them a full lineup to throw on the court that can play

PG Brandon Roy
SG Martell Webster
SF Antoine Walker
PF Zach Randolph
C LaMarcus Aldridge

Five guys that can score and one that actually plays defense. It would be entertaining to see Walker in his element again....jacking up 25 shots a game. But I would still prefer the lineup:

PG - Blake
SG - Roy
SF - Miles
PF - Aldridge
C - Przybilla

If only they could find a taker for Randolph....

Ferretsquig said:
The only way this trade would make sense is if the Heat could turn around and dump Miles on some team with cap space. Walker + Doleac for Outlaw and a pick would be a good deal. But there is no way Portland would take on Walker's absurd deal, even if it meant ridding themselves of Miles' contract. Portland is looking to dump salary, not take on more.

Walker doesnt have an absurd deal with us wtf are you talking about?

Ferretsquig said:
Five guys that can score and one that actually plays defense. It would be entertaining to see Walker in his element again....jacking up 25 shots a game. But I would still prefer the lineup:

PG - Blake
SG - Roy
SF - Miles
PF - Aldridge
C - Przybilla

If only they could find a taker for Randolph....

yeah but miles isnt really good to start...so webster should be the go at the 3...also Im not a fan of blake I like both jack and rodriguez

PG - Jack
SG - Roy
SF - Webster
PF - Aldridge
C Pyzbilla

Alex44 said:
Walker doesnt have an absurd deal with us wtf are you talking about?

I guess it depends on what you think is absurd. Personally I thought the Antoine deal was one of the worst in Heat history, and there have been some pretty bad ones. 6 yrs for 60 mil is just a bit much for a bench player....just my opinion though.

Buddwalk said:
yeah but miles isnt really good to start...so webster should be the go at the 3...also Im not a fan of blake I like both jack and rodriguez

PG - Jack
SG - Roy
SF - Webster
PF - Aldridge
C Pyzbilla

That is the common theme you hear from most blazer's fans, about how good Jack is. My question in return is always if he is so good why wasnt he able to beat out Telfair or Blake? The coaching staff obviously didnt trust him enough to play PG....most of the time he played it was with one of those two on the court with him. But then again it might just be anti GT bias. I never liked Hewitt's brand of basketball.

Miles is due $34 million over the next four years. That's insanely bad for a guy whose lone discernable basketball skill is the ability to dunk. Walker is due $25.6 million over the next three years. There's a team option for $10 million after that, but the chances of a team picking that up are between slim and none. That's still a lousy contract but I think Miles' deal is worse. Walker at least does something productive on the floor.

It should be noted, however, that there's NOTHING in the newspapers about this, so it's probably not worth getting too worked up, however you feel about it.

Back
Top Bottom