Heat trade rumor | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heat trade rumor

Only advantage here is youth with Miles.

I would keep Walker though, experienced and can knock down the long ranged shot when open.

phunwin said:
Miles is due $34 million over the next four years. That's insanely bad for a guy whose lone discernable basketball skill is the ability to dunk. Walker is due $25.6 million over the next three years. There's a team option for $10 million after that, but the chances of a team picking that up are between slim and none. That's still a lousy contract but I think Miles' deal is worse. Walker at least does something productive on the floor.

It should be noted, however, that there's NOTHING in the newspapers about this, so it's probably not worth getting too worked up, however you feel about it.

Kenyon Martin is being paid pretty well for that same skill and nothing else.

Both guys are players I just wouldn't want on my team anyways . . keep Walker . . he proved capable to handle is role and really excelled in the playoffs . . he doesn't take 3's at the best moments, but stick with what works, if u are gonna replace him, replace him with a guy who can do more for u, or a guy who has a better contract.

Like Hubie Brown would teach to us "This man was a 20+ scorer 7 years with Boston, he knows how to put the all in the basket".

djfresh47 said:
Kenyon Martin is being paid pretty well for that same skill and nothing else.

Martin can actually rebound and play belligerent defense when the spirit moves him. But then, Miles has two healthy knees, and Martin is due a ludicrous $71 milllion over the next 5 years (over twice what Miles is due over the next 4). So, point taken.

Kdawg954 said:
Both guys are players I just wouldn't want on my team anyways . . keep Walker . . he proved capable to handle is role and really excelled in the playoffs . . he doesn't take 3's at the best moments, but stick with what works, if u are gonna replace him, replace him with a guy who can do more for u, or a guy who has a better contract.

Like Hubie Brown would teach to us "This man was a 20+ scorer 7 years with Boston, he knows how to put the all in the basket".

Actually, Hubie would say: "You're Antoine Walker. You're 30 years old, you've been to several all-star games, and you're playing on what's almost certainly your last big contract. You're coming off a season in which you helped contribute to a championship team. And now, you're the subject of a bizarre and unconfirmed report about a trade to the Portland Trail Blazers. You really have to feel for this young man, don't you?"

Never thought I would say this but we must keep Toine, he proved himself a valuble player to the heat. Not only can he shoot perimeter shots he can help carry the load when a player is not playing as well as he should.
(i.e. shaq) Not only does is he a solid player but he is versatile. Toine canplay both forward positions at a high level. What happens if we had no Anotine Walker this season, Haslem gets into foul trouble and guess who gets to play, Wayne Simien. With Walker he moves up and we put in posey.

phunwin said:
Actually, Hubie would say: "You're Antoine Walker. You're 30 years old, you've been to several all-star games, and you're playing on what's almost certainly your last big contract. You're coming off a season in which you helped contribute to a championship team. And now, you're the subject of a bizarre and unconfirmed report about a trade to the Portland Trail Blazers. You really have to feel for this young man, don't you?"

Yea I was gonna throw in young man instead of man, but I knew he was 30 lol.

Ferretsquig said:
I guess it depends on what you think is absurd. Personally I thought the Antoine deal was one of the worst in Heat history, and there have been some pretty bad ones. 6 yrs for 60 mil is just a bit much for a bench player....just my opinion though.

That is not Toine's deal with the heat.

His deal as said before is actually pretty standard stuff.

less than 9 million a year for a starter that is also the 3rd leading scorer on a championship team? Bargain.

Section126 said:
That is not Toine's deal with the heat.

His deal as said before is actually pretty standard stuff.

less than 9 million a year for a starter that is also the 3rd leading scorer on a championship team? Bargain.

How about 8 mil for a backup who started 19 games in place of injured players and was the 4th leading scorer on a championship team. Still a bargain? Walker's deal was ridiculous when it was signed....6 yrs 53 mil. It took Riley about 30 seconds to realize how stupid a deal it was and somehow he managed to get the team doctor to raise questions about Walker's health, which allowed them to renegotiate the contract, adding in the team option for the last two years.

Posey is the starter on this team. Walker at SF is and always has been a disaster. The only lineup the Heat had which was outscored by the opponents in the playoffs was that with Walker and Haslem on the floor together.

Like I mentioned above, although Walker's deal was 6 years and $53 million, the last two years of that deal, at over $21 million, are subject to a team option. So, instead of an awful contract, it's merely a bad one...unless of course the Heat pick up those last two years, in which case, it becomes an awful contract again.

Ferretsquig said:
How about 8 mil for a backup who started 19 games in place of injured players and was the 4th leading scorer on a championship team. Still a bargain? Walker's deal was ridiculous when it was signed....6 yrs 53 mil. It took Riley about 30 seconds to realize how stupid a deal it was and somehow he managed to get the team doctor to raise questions about Walker's health, which allowed them to renegotiate the contract, adding in the team option for the last two years.

Posey is the starter on this team. Walker at SF is and always has been a disaster. The only lineup the Heat had which was outscored by the opponents in the playoffs was that with Walker and Haslem on the floor together.

Like phunwin said...the last two years are a team option.

So it isn't a horrible contract.

How bout the Toine that started throughout the playoffs and was the second leading scorer in 3 series?

The one that had a monster 3rd quarter in the biggest game in Heat history? (game 6)

Like I said...a bargain.

BTW...provide a link for that lineup you talk about because I think it's BS. The Heat started Toine and Haslem to start games and last I checked they also started the second halves of every game...

So I doubt seriously that the starting lineup of the team that won the championship was outscored.

As was blatently obvious to anyone who watched him play, Walker couldnt and never will be able to guard anyone on the perimeter. Everyone from Nocioni to Prince blew by him with ease. 82games has all the stats.

[SIZE=-2]Williams-Wade-Haslem-Walker-O'Neal [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]292 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]572 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]611 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]-39[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]Williams-Wade-Haslem-Walker-O'Neal[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]. 536 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1].514 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]-9 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]44% [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]28% [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]103% [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]-6%[/SIZE]

first line being min, pts for, pts against, diff
second being FG% for, FG% against, FTA diff, close shots for, close shots against, comparitive rebound%, and TO diff

The things that stand out are the lousy defense, increased turnovers, decreased offensive efficiency, and vast difference in FTA with Walker teamed with Haslem. Miami owes its championship to Payton, Posey, and Mourning, not Walker. Who knows what insanity prompted Riles to start Walker against the Bulls and Nets. The only time the team played decent with him on the court was against the Pistons and in a lesser extent the Mavs when they hid him in the zone.

Nocioni scored from the outside...almost exclusively.

Prince had awful games in that series as well...does Toine get credit for that? of course not.

Toine's post defense in the Pistons series was one of the biggest factors in the Heat 4-2 victory.

His defense on Sheed was nothing less than spectacular.

Section126 said:
Nocioni scored from the outside...almost exclusively.

Lets clarify that statement. He put up a lot of shots from the outside....however he did not score exclusively from the outside. He put up 22.3 pts per game, 10.5 of which came from outside shots, half of which came from 3 pointers. In other words most of his scoring came from driving to the basket.

Prince had awful games in that series as well...does Toine get credit for that? of course not.

One awful game, two great ones, 2 average. When he put the ball on the floor he had success.

Toine's post defense in the Pistons series was one of the biggest factors in the Heat 4-2 victory.

His defense on Sheed was nothing less than spectacular.

Walker can play PF....I dont think anyone is questioning that. Personally I think Haslem has more to offer with his rebounding, mid range jumper, and burgeoning driving skills.

Back
Top Bottom