Hello from Packerland | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hello from Packerland

This is unbelievable. I think that we were all starting to assume that it's the general rule that fans of our opponents could do nothing but talk smack. I must have eaten something really wierd because the only other explanation is that I'm having a nice dream and will awaken to harsh reality. No, there I've pinched myself and I'm still here.

Anyway, best of luck to both teams on Sunday.:)

LOL... I agree... not since the Colts game have we been able to listen other teams fans without thinking about throttling them...

GB has done alot with a load of injuries on the D, and even though Favre is hobbled, I think he'll be there monday night... it would take an amputation to keep him from starting. The guy is a warrior.

I just hope that It's a good game (with miami winning of course ;) ) and that nobody from either team gets hurt.

Good luck Cheeseheads. (but not too much luck.)

Thanks for the warm welcome, Fin-fans!

I see some familiar names from Z's and Timesfour (www.timesfour.com) already. Should be an interesting two weeks to banter about the upcoming Monday Nighter. I think this will be one of the best (if not THE best) MNF games this year. Too bad we couldn't see Marino (in his prime) slug it out against Favre. :cool:

Prior to Fiedler and some other losses on your offense, I really thought the Packers would have a tough time winning this game, but your recent injuries have leveled the playing field. A rested Williams should have an excellent game against our banged up front 7 which includes a senior citizen playing MLB this year (although he's looked a little better recently). An immobile Favre dealing with Jason Taylor does not thrill me either. Especially considering that our best RT is on the IR and our LT has a banged up knee. (Our center has played at LT the last two weeks.) However, Favre at home is pretty darn tough and the Packers will be getting some players back in the secondary.

This is going to be one hell of a game!! :rocker:

I came by to find out how Dolphins fans are reacting to the Cris Carter signing.

Interesting reading so far.

You know, we took on our own prima donna receiver in Terry Glenn this year, and it's working out fine so far for us. One difference between Glenn and Carter, though, was Glenn didn't come in seeing himself as any kind of savior, whereas I'd be worried ole Cris is going to think he's the proverbial knight in shining armor.

You'd be best just to keep the microphones away from that one.

Just so the record is clear: A LOT of us were screaming when we didn't draft Chris Chambers. Way to go on that one.

Good luck on Monday night and may the best team win.

Welcome to the Packer backers here. I like your uniforms, I like the way the Pack plays, and I like the positive support the team gets. The Pack and their fans are generally a classy group(unlike a couple of well known teams with silver helmets and well known active obnoxious owners, and team with an ugly red helmet and the their town on the helmet in the shape of a smelly animal).

Greetings from Australia FinFans. Another ZBud intrusion if I may. It seems everyone is down on Ray Lucas, but give the guy a chance. I remember some awesome play from him in N.Y. on occasion. I'd like to think the Pack should roll on Monday.... home game, Favre back, etc... it just seems the Fins ALWAYS give us fits no matter what the records. Should be a great game (I'll see it here in Oz about two weeks after the fact) on a Monday night. I'm just hoping it is COLD!!!!! I must say that Chris Carter playing is geat locker room poster material for the Pack. I think I speak for most Pack fans when I say that we have respected his abilities over the years, but we don't have a lot of respect for the man. Good luck folks. May the best team win (as long as their home field is Lambeau!) :p Cheers

Turnovers

Originally posted by Jack:

The Fins gave the Bills six little nicely packaged presents called turnovers, without anything in return.

This could be interesting. Packers lead the NFL in turnover differential at +12. The 'Fins are at 0. It is intersting because we've been fielding a lot of no names due to injury but they have played hungry. Rumor has it we'll get all our starters back for the MNF game in "chilly" Lambeau. (Actually, they had several inches of snow up there recently)

Hopefully nobody's injured and we don't get gashed by our old friend Cris "the Mouth" Carter.:D

Good Luck!

Originally posted by mf52dolphin
Welcome to the Packer backers here. I like your uniforms, I like the way the Pack plays, and I like the positive support the team gets. The Pack and their fans are generally a classy group(unlike a couple of well known teams with silver helmets and well known active obnoxious owners, and team with an ugly red helmet and the their town on the helmet in the shape of a smelly animal).
:lol:

yes going to be a cold one on Monday Night. Thanks for the warm welcome phin fans.

Re: Turnovers

Originally posted by LTPackFan
Originally posted by Jack:
This could be interesting. Packers lead the NFL in turnover differential at +12. The 'Fins are at 0. It is intersting because we've been fielding a lot of no names due to injury but they have played hungry. Rumor has it we'll get all our starters back for the MNF game in "chilly" Lambeau. (Actually, they had several inches of snow up there recently)

True... but remember also, that Miami was at +6 in turnovers before Lucas had that little debaucle this past weekend. We were in the top 5 in the NFL in TO ratio as well... this game could get very interesting if both defenses are as opprotunistic as they have been so far this year.

Listen ladies, six turnovers is six turnovers.

Regardless of how you ladies choose to rationalize your humiliating defeat. It is still a team game.

and BTW, your team lost. End of story.

SCOREBOARD.

Hello Fins. How is J. Fletcher playing for you? I went to Madison and he was a stud for us (along with Chambers,nice pick!). Let me know how he is doing...haven't heard much.

Originally posted by The Crusher
Hello Fins. How is J. Fletcher playing for you? I went to Madison and he was a stud for us (along with Chambers,nice pick!). Let me know how he is doing...haven't heard much.
he is a much maligned draft pick as most wanted us to draft Drew Brees. Of course, to me getting Chambers - who everybody loves and expects to be the next great WR of - eased that blow.

A Fletcherography:
  • #1 pick was beaten out in 2001 by UFA Terry Cousins, but saw some playing time
  • won #3 CB job in TC/PS in 2002
  • got heavily picked on by Harrison and Manning and early in the seasom
  • generally seems to have settled down and played well for a 3rd CB
  • no many are expecting him to save us cap $ by replacing Madison or Surtain in the near future, at least we hope not

Originally posted by Sherif
You live and die by the pass. I've seen Green Bay die by the pass alot in the playoffs. I believe they may grind it out more against the Phins. Good luck. Unfortunately could be another game with alot of injuries.

Hmm, I dunno, Sherif. A quick check of packers.com playoff record shows that, other than the fiasco vs. the Rams, we've pretty well lived by the pass in the playoffs. What does concern me slightly is that the 'Phins seem to have owned the Pack in the past (Pack 1-9 vs the 'Phins in regular season history). 'Course, there is the balancing factor of Favre on MNF, this is @ Lambeau, etc. I could go on, but won't.

All I can say is, looks like a good game coming up next week.

Ferret Daddy (Green & Gold in the NorthWest)

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom