Henne Haters Check this out pt.2 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henne Haters Check this out pt.2

'Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.' - Edmund Burke

heh, fishy.. that's exactly what I was arguing about "3 and out Orton" but when it comes to anyone else, there are always "extenuating circumstances" eh?

Wheres the Mallet people?

Ingram and Mallett look pretty damn good about now.. even if we'd have ended up with a Vick Schaub Atlanta situation.. that still ain't exactly a "worst case scenario" in the extreme sense.!

heh, fishy.. that's exactly what I was arguing about "3 and out Orton" but when it comes to anyone else, there are always "extenuating circumstances" eh?

:lol:

Amigo... I have to say that the Orton thing in my mind is a DIFFERENT set of circumstances... In this case it pertains more to the extreme Homer side that think this is a 'Brand Spanking New' Chad Henne... I'm as hopeful as the next guy since Ireland and co. didn't bother to give us any other options...

But through all of this QB insanity, the amount of times I have seen people spout.. 'I just want to see what we have in Henne.' shows me how many are so willing to simply gloss over the past in a vain attempt to stay COMPLETELY positive. it is almost like they think he is a rook. :lol:

They also forget that Henne has ripped it up in pre-season BEFORE... In his first year... When he showed marvelous chemistry with Anthony Armstrong in his actual rookie year... That of course was what sparked the now famous FH World War 1... Penny vs. Henne. :lol:

Pre season triumphs should be treated EXACTLY like preseason disasters, with a grain of salt.

Wheres the Mallet people?

Right here bro. ..NEWSFLASH: Contrary to popular opinion, wanting Malllet and supporting Henne are not mutually exclusive. I STILL think we should've drafted Mallet WHILE AT THE SAME TIME I think Henne could be a top 10 QB.

'Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.' - Edmund Burke

If you are using the quote to criticize the penchant for "homers" to diminish the significance of Henne's past performance, you are misapplying Burke's quote. He was addressing political, military, and/or social policy responses to trends and forces impacting a nation's future not the evaluation of some obscure QBs past performance as somehow predicting future performance; especially since conditions have changed and many historical factors influencing the past performance have been modified.

If you are using the quote to criticize the penchant for "homers" to diminish the significance of Henne's past performance, you are misapplying Burke's quote. He was addressing political, military, and/or social policy responses to trends and forces impacting a nation's future not the evaluation of some obscure QBs past performance as somehow predicting future performance; especially since conditions have changed and many historical factors influencing the past performance have been modified.

While I absolutely APPLAUD the effort to disagree and especially appreciate debate when it excludes emotional response... :thumbup: Allow me the latitude to do the same..

I think in this instance Burke's quote is actually relevant since he was speaking very GENERALLY and cautioning against the dangers of ignoring history... he was not trying to predict anything, nor was I.

First of all I would not concede that Henne's history is remotely 'obscure'... it is finite and quantifiable... Ignoring it in this case in order to stay positive and applaud the recent achievements or his perceived growth is essentially telling less than half the story...

The point is that 'Homers' are actually working AGAINST the grain on this... Henne's history suggests that optimism at this point is the very definition of the expression 'jumping the gun'... I would also point out that Henne has had excellent performances in pre seasons past... in his first year he lit it up and caused the entire populace of FH to begin to call for Penny's head... Again at that time it was a mistake to assume anything...

So ignoring Henne's history while at the same time applauding his most recent achievements is tantamount to an argument of convenience and nothing more. And I do hope that you can appreciate the merits of debate with tongue firmly planted in cheek. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom