Henne Haters Check this out pt.2 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henne Haters Check this out pt.2

No telling how things'll pan out,but I've been behind him for the long haul.I've got a gut feeling,that were gonna be "sneaky" good,and surprise alot of people/teams.I'm still thinking 9-7,but looking solid doing it.Nobody bleeds aqua/orange anymore than I do.I will NEVER abandon our Boys.It can(and has)been super disappointing at times....but I was born with a 'Fin sticking out of my back.....FIN4LIFE!!!!

this is a contract year for Henne and a MAKE OR BREAK yr for Sparano and Ireland -
So if Henne leads the dolphins to the Playoffs, or to a winning record does he get resigned next yr?
What kinda deal? If the playoffs are missed and he plays well, does he get resigned? what kinda deal?

No telling how things'll pan out,but I've been behind him for the long haul.I've got a gut feeling,that were gonna be "sneaky" good,and surprise alot of people/teams.I'm still thinking 9-7,but looking solid doing it.Nobody bleeds aqua/orange anymore than I do.I will NEVER abandon our Boys.It can(and has)been super disappointing at times....but I was born with a 'Fin sticking out of my back.....FIN4LIFE!!!!

You should really get that chcked out by a doctor. That can take at least 18" of your high jump...J/K

this is a contract year for Henne and a MAKE OR BREAK yr for Sparano and Ireland -
So if Henne leads the dolphins to the Playoffs, or to a winning record does he get resigned next yr?
What kinda deal? If the playoffs are missed and he plays well, does he get resigned? what kinda deal?

Henne is playing for much more than another contract. Henne is pretty much playing for his place as a starter in the NFL. If he tanks this year, that is pretty much the death rattle for him as a starter.

Here's where I see the difference between those hatin' and those just disappointed with his progress: The haters use words like "suck", "get rid of him", "he can't change" because "he sucks". They don't look at circumstances like Henning and Lee as coaches because it's not his environment but his nature. My questions would be, is he hard working? Does he put in the study time? Does he show leadership qualities? Does he play within his limitations? Is he willing to make changes to his game to improve? A man's physical and mental qualities are not always subject to immediate improvement but improvement can be made if the man is determined enough. Haters don't want to discuss these things and attack the nature of the man. They'll quote statistics and describe moments of failure and pass judgement without considering the possibility that Henne could improve. And as far as back up QB, for the poster who needs to pick up the needle and place it away from the scratch in his head, there were more than a dozen starting QB's with worse seasons than Henne. Brady or Peyton Manning may be your goal, but let Matt Hasselback be your bench mark. Henne's not far off.

He had a bad game last week??? HUH?? Oh please help me understand your thinking regarding how and why he had a bad game last week because I need to read this.

Well it looks like you missed the dozen other threads about Henne's game vs carolina, but he should have had an INT returned for a touchdown on the Daniel Thomas sideline pass (dropped by Carolina LB) and he continues to overthrow wide open receivers. So let me ask you this, what makes you think he had such a great game?

Well it looks like you missed the dozen other threads about Henne's game vs carolina, but he should have had an INT returned for a touchdown on the Daniel Thomas sideline pass (dropped by Carolina LB) and he continues to overthrow wide open receivers. So let me ask you this, what makes you think he had such a great game?

I see your going back 2 weeks to bash the guy this week..

:bobdole:

What he "should" of had and what he had are two diffrent things. What wide ope WRs did he overthrow last week?

Also, all of Henne's incompletions last week were drops. None were him by being terrible.

Here's where I see the difference between those hatin' and those just disappointed with his progress: The haters use words like "suck", "get rid of him", "he can't change" because "he sucks". They don't look at circumstances like Henning and Lee as coaches because it's not his environment but his nature. My questions would be, is he hard working? Does he put in the study time? Does he show leadership qualities? Does he play within his limitations? Is he willing to make changes to his game to improve? A man's physical and mental qualities are not always subject to immediate improvement but improvement can be made if the man is determined enough. Haters don't want to discuss these things and attack the nature of the man. They'll quote statistics and describe moments of failure and pass judgement without considering the possibility that Henne could improve. And as far as back up QB, for the poster who needs to pick up the needle and place it away from the scratch in his head, there were more than a dozen starting QB's with worse seasons than Henne. Brady or Peyton Manning may be your goal, but let Matt Hasselback be your bench mark. Henne's not far off.

"Haters" have discussed these things ad nauseum. And ... I want a Campionship team, why would I use Matt Hasselback as a bench mark? Saying Henne isn't far off of Hasselback does not bolster your arguement.

"Haters" have discussed these things ad nauseum. And ... I want a Campionship team, why would I use Matt Hasselback as a bench mark? Saying Henne isn't far off of Hasselback does not bolster your arguement.

Because sound judgment is a prerequisite for making sound decisions. Haters look at Henne and diminish his quality as a quaterback because they want a franchise QB. Well, get over it. If franchise QB's were a dime a dozen, everyone would have one. But if everyone had one, then no one would have one. Until the Dolphins can get one, then I'm satisfied with an average QB who works hard to get better. It's up to the FO to create a plan to increase its chances of getting that franchise QB. But haters act like spoiled children; "I want the speckled pony, Mommy. Not the grey one. I hate the grey one." And Matt Hasselback went to the Superbowl.

I see your going back 2 weeks to bash the guy this week..

:bobdole:

What he "should" of had and what he had are two diffrent things. What wide ope WRs did he overthrow last week?

Also, all of Henne's incompletions last week were drops. None were him by being terrible.

Dear Mr troll, we were kindly discussing the Carolina game, not the Tampa Bay game. Please see the Tampa Bay threads...

As an admitted Henne basher, I will say this.........I have been impressed. I am withholding judgement, but I cant deny he looks like a different player. Its pretty easy to see he is actually having fun out there, and that does make a difference. Only pre-season, but I will happily devote an entire thread to my being wrong about him and possibly a gimmick change if we see this throughout the season.

Dear Mr troll, we were kindly discussing the Carolina game, not the Tampa Bay game. Please see the Tampa Bay threads...

While Henne still make errant throws, the bottom line is his improvements seen thus far in dabolls offense especially in a shortened pre-season are undeniable. Rather than focus on "should of's" as we know all qb's have picks that are dropped, how about we accept he is a qb with a limited ceiling based on his past body of work ( although one cannot deny he was put in a bad situation and this year is a true judgement year) and move on?

anyone can see there is a difference in Henne this year. why would a fan ignore or minimize that fact?

As an admitted Henne basher, I will say this.........I have been impressed. I am withholding judgement, but I cant deny he looks like a different player. Its pretty easy to see he is actually having fun out there, and that does make a difference. Only pre-season, but I will happily devote an entire thread to my being wrong about him and possibly a gimmick change if we see this throughout the season.
You The only Henne Basheer tht gave Henne Credit for wht he did!! Appreciate That!!! U GOT SOUL!!!!

Back
Top Bottom