Henne Haters Check this out pt.2 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henne Haters Check this out pt.2

I am so beyond sick of the word 'hater'. Calling Henne an awful quarterback these last few years has simply been stating a fact. Signs of promise have been too far and few between. Are we supposed to be sold after an oh so solid 1 TD 2 INT pre season? He played a good secondary, with a bad line and was quite successful, but the fact of the matter is that this is still exhibition. I'll be the first to admit this is the best Chad has looked since he's gotten here, but the last to put my complete faith in him. He has to show me he can perform like this when it counts too.

So if I mention stats like -- when he threw ints in 9 consecutive games last season, two games in which he threw 3 ints, that makes me a "hater?" Attention, if you don't like bad QBing of your team, your officially a "hater" cause this noobie says so.

Henne has been OK so far, we got bigger problems now. So stop being a fanboy and dangling from his nuts.

Why would you bring up stats from last year? Who cares about last year, this is a whole new year. [removed by Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, I think he is speaking of what the potential for this year is possibly shaping up to look like for Henne. Nobody is saying Henne was good last year. 2nd, being a member at finheaven is not what qualifies you to know about football or the phins....noobie rip doesn't seem called for. =) And no, I don't think you're a hater.

Disclaimer...I don't know the past between you two...so maybe he said more before, I dunno =)

I don't think the "hater" rip is called for either, that's insulting to me as a fan of the team.

Like I said, Henne has done alright this preseason, good, not spectacular. If he does it in the regular season consistently enough I will have all the props in the world for him. In preseason though? That's a little premature.

Plus, if we don't get this OLine situation settled Henne will have no chance to shine instead he'll be praying for his life all season. I don't think the Henne fan boys will be too thrilled with that.

I like to talk about priorities. After three preseason games, our biggest priority isn't Henne. So to me this thread is just pointless, petty and antagonistic.

Henne looked great, no disputing that. He's going to have to look great every single game if we're to be successful judging by how much of a disaster our line is. And I'll believe Henne being consistent when I see it.

Regardless of you liking Henne or not, I think everyone can at least agree the offense that we ran last year wasnt much help to his development as a quarterback

Nope, sure wasn't Henning is an old decrepit dinosaur that had no business calling plays for the Dolphins offense.

Hm, I especially like the crowd that suggests it's anybodys fault but Henne. I give props just like I would any other position, when I see consistent good play. I know these crazy Henne fan boys got this idea in their deluded little world, that people have some personal vendetta against the guy but it's just not true. Play your position well and the support will come. Simple concept yet so hard for some to grasp ya know?

The vendetta against Henne is borderline retarded. The whole " I am going to stomp Henne's nuts for everything he does because he isn't Matt Ryan" is absolute garbage. It isn't Henne's fault that he was made the franchise qb as a 2nd round pick. It isn't Henne's fault that his expectations as a 2nd rounder were so high that he may as well have been the number one draft pick for the dolphins. I think it is quite obvious that Henne doesn't have the mental capability to digest and understand the game like a true franchise qb. The expectations are just too high for a guy that doesn't have the intangibles that many Miami fans are chastising him for not having.

However, Henne does have the physical ability to make every single throw in the NFL. There is no reason not to believe that Henne could be a serviceable qb that could lead us to the playoffs and given the right situation, even further. Just don't expect him to be the guy you want to lead us from behind or to throw all the stress on late in a game. Just isn't going to happen and be in the best interests of the team.

I gotta see what Omar says about Henne cause hes a hater.

I gotta see what Omar says about Henne cause hes a hater.

Via Kelly's Twitter: I'm just waiting to see your complete Henne analysis» wait for the rewind.But he looked good tonight. I'm becoming optimistic

Haters gonna hate?

I don't think the "hater" rip is called for either, that's insulting to me as a fan of the team.

Like I said, Henne has done alright this preseason, good, not spectacular. If he does it in the regular season consistently enough I will have all the props in the world for him. In preseason though? That's a little premature.

Plus, if we don't get this OLine situation settled Henne will have no chance to shine instead he'll be praying for his life all season. I don't think the Henne fan boys will be too thrilled with that.

I like to talk about priorities. After three preseason games, our biggest priority isn't Henne. So to me this thread is just pointless and antagonistic.

Honestly if Henne Threww too Interceptions Tonite Would you say its just preseason, or WE need to worry about the O line?? Answer NO you probably would have wanted Henne Traded! This Thread was Made for those HATERS tht didnt care that it was a preseason game against ATL when he so called did bad!! SO now tht he did good Give him his props! NOt all Your Faith!!

I get the biggest kick out of folks who call others "Henne Haters."

Fact of the matter is ... if Henne were worth 2 cents ... it wouldn't be an issue & no one would ever have to defend him.

No matter what anyone says, thinks, or debates ... its on Henne's shoulders to produce.

Can Henne win games (stats don't count in the W column) ... we shall see. Only QB we have anywho!!

The vendetta against Henne is borderline retarded. The whole " I am going to stomp Henne's nuts for everything he does because he isn't Matt Ryan" is absolute garbage. It isn't Henne's fault that he was made the franchise qb as a 2nd round pick. It isn't Henne's fault that his expectations as a 2nd rounder were so high that he may as well have been the number one draft pick for the dolphins. I think it is quite obvious that Henne doesn't have the mental capability to digest and understand the game like a true franchise qb. The expectations are just too high for a guy that doesn't have the intangibles that many Miami fans are chastising him for not having.

However, Henne does have the physical ability to make every single throw in the NFL. There is no reason not to believe that Henne could be a serviceable qb that could lead us to the playoffs and given the right situation, even further. Just don't expect him to be the guy you want to lead us from behind or to throw all the stress on late in a game. Just isn't going to happen and be in the best interests of the team.

People don't hate Henne for any other reason than that he's been a bad QB thus far. He's more of a figure-head for bashing. He's a figure head because of our FO's inability or pure unwillingness to upgrade the position, so instead we remain stagnant. It's no different than any other QB that's been through here in the last 11 years. Fans just project their displeasure on to Henne because he's in the man IN the uniform IN the position we all so desperately crave a franchise player.

It's not personal, it wasn't personal for Green, Feeley, Griese, Fiedler, (maybe a little for Culpepper) Frerotte, Harrington etc. if I'm missing anyone. It's simply projected hatred on to the player.

Fans are pissed, and I don't blame them. I will bash and mock Henne too as long as he continues to perform badly for my team, just as I will praise him if he somehow actually GROWS into a good player.

If people think any differently, then they've basically accepted being a loser. Blind faith isn't going to make this team better I can assure you. It just makes SOME people think they are a better fan.

Clean it up, boys!

(Don't make me come back in here. :lol:)

On topic: I haven't seen tonight's game yet, but i've gotta say - his stats do look pretty damn impressive. :up:

Henne is looking improved for sure in this offense. Seems more confident, and less robotic and more mobile than I've ever seen. Looking more like a leader and in control too.
Hope he keeps it up through the season.

Exactly what I most hated about henne was that he always looked robotic but to my surprise he has vastly improve. Its scary to even comment on how he is doing because its the preseason but we can just hope that he does this during the season. sigh.

Honestly if Henne Threww too Interceptions Tonite Would you say its just preseason, or WE need to worry about the O line?? Answer NO you probably would have wanted Henne Traded! This Thread was Made for those HATERS tht didnt care that it was a preseason game against ATL when he so called did bad!! SO now tht he did good Give him his props! NOt all Your Faith!!

who is interceptions? I hope he's a franchise right guard or tackle... or quarterback!

No, actually I wouldn't have said much other than maybe, "Same ole HenneBot." You see after awhile you come to accept that a player sucks. Some bad players develop, some never do. For two seasons Henne has sucked. He really deserves no praise for that, certainly not for a good preseason game.

So to clarify... Do I think Henne generally sucks? Is that what you're asking? Yes, judging from his body of work so far as Dolphin it's not even debatable. Do I think that makes me a hater? No, it makes me a Dolphin fan.

Back
Top Bottom