Henne is in trouble. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henne is in trouble.

By no means is this meant to be negative towards Chad H. I think he is the right guy for the job. Just pointint out observations of some qualities that need to develop over time. Point is, were not going to pull off those close win games very often until he gets his reps, develops trust with his teamates, demonstrates a confidence that can carry over to the rest of the team. All of this takes time.

I wanted to bring this back up now that Henne has had a chance to play for awhile.

Last year we definately had an easier schedule however, we also had this air of confidence in each game we played. We played as if we were going to win rather than being afraid to lose.

I really believe this stems from good leadership on and off the field, coaching staff and players alike.

Though Henne has done really well with his accuracy and even a few decent deep throws, I think what we are lacking is the "general" if you will. This is one thing that Chad P. brought to our team, we can win this non quiter winning attitude. This is certainly not to bring down what chad henne has done for us but rather to point out some of the character in chad P that we are missing, that we really depended on during those close games. Just watch the body language on the sidelines... it tells alot in terms of the teams confidence. It all starts with the QB. Which applies to both defense and offense. QB character carries over to the defense, like it or not...

Look at Drew brees body language when they are down and he brings them back to a lead. Look at pittsburg, look at tom brady, peyton etc.... most teams that are pulling out the wins in the last quarter has a general on the field filled with leadership... something chad H. is going to have to learn..

not sure where you heard this, but everything I read says the opposite:

"He can control the huddle. He has great presence in the huddle," Miami coach Tony Sparano said. "He's very clear; he takes charge of things, and really doesn't like a lot of horsing around in it. So, I've been really impressed with what's happened with him out there."

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/10/01/chad-henne-suddenly-in-familiar-spot/

1. Ronnie Brown says the guy has a sense or humor even in the most stressful of times. Like when they're standing around a huddle, waiting for the ball to get put in play. Brown will often stand outside the huddle rather than next to a bunch of sweating, 300-pound men.
"Chad will walk over to me and say, 'Get in the huddle, you little b----,' '' Brown said. "Makes me laugh every time."

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/dolphins_henne/

When you ask his teammates about his command in the huddle all they talk about is how confident he is, his poise, how commanding he's been, and how domineering he seems.
Hell, his own offensive coordinator, Dan Henning, even called Henne "a dictator."
Dolphins receiver Greg Camarillo said Henne brings "a calm level of consistency" in the huddle.
"He doesn't have ups and downs. He's not yelling at you, or screaming at you. He'll give you a quick motivational word and then he's a matter of business," Camarillo said. "That's what you need. You need a stoic leader."

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2009/10/is-chad-henne-steven-seagals-son.html

Yes, everything I've read about Henne says that he has GREAT leadership qualities...

Teammates, coaches, observers, etc would even say this BEFORE he became the starter. He's always had this.
Comes from being a 4-year starter in college, after being a 4-year starter in high school.

Henne may have some things to work on and learn, but leadership qualities is NOT one of them....

It may be more YOUR (fan) perception of him, compared to your perception of Manning, Brady, etc......but not the team's and those in the know.

The only place Henne will be in trouble will be on this site. The coaches and FO will look to evaluate and teach. It will be in the following weeks that will decide his fate. The main thing the coaches will be looking for is whether he can learn from his mistakes...which he will make...but that is to be expected.

The coaches know the talent level around him...and they know a lot more about "who's fault" it is on plays as far as reads and decisions he makes. A PERFORMANCE THAT LOOKS BAD TO US, MAY NOT BE SO BAD TO THEM.
I love that!!

It's almost like some of the posters here only watch the highlights and read the stats.

I have not seen any drop-off since Henne took the reigns. He has missed some deep passes, but Pennington missed similar passes as do all QB's on occasion.

The one thing that Henne can do better is get rid of the ball quicker and take fewer sacks. Henne is really graduating from the school of hard knocks the way that they keep taking him off the field and leaving him with those ugly 3rd and longs.

We just are not a passing team. It is unfair to evaluate him as if we are a passing team.

Here is why I think Henne will not be able to do anything and he will get blamed. We can all agree that Pennington is a better QB than Henne right now. Even he struggled with this core of recievers. This will be Henne's 1st start he is going to need all the help he can get. I truly do not think he will get much. The O-Line will definitely help him out but even if he has all the time in the world if the recievers do not get open he can't do anything. The final drive against the chargers he did ok but that was mainly because of a great catch by Ronnie and short passes to Bess. The bills will notice that and once those short passes are taken away then thats all she wrote. I feel really bad for Henne because he will be judged unfairly if he does bad but even a good QB will struggle with these recievers. Lucky for him buffalo will be missing a few starters on defense so that should help.
Speak for yourself.

even Pete Prisco noticed that Henne is improving. how come the Dolphins' fanbase can't?
some people would rather be right and see the team/certain players fail than be wrong and see them succeed. need further proof? How many "i told you so"and "where are the player x apologist or bashers" threads do you see after games around here.

its a joke.

Doesn't matter what Henne does in the next few weeks. You can bank on it he's going to be our QB of the future as long as this coaching staff is in place. Doesn't matter what we on the message boards think. He's going to be our QB.

Well, except me, I disagree. Henne is far superior.

Number 1, the original statement was made and this thread was started just before Henne's first start. At that time no one could argue that Henne was better because Henne hadn't played.

Number 2, on what basis, other than the fact that Penny's arm is likely in sling right now, can you make the assertion that Henne AT THIS POINT IN HIS CAREER (not to say that he won't one day be better) is "far superior" to Pennington? Winning percentage, playoff appearances, TD-INT ratio, completion percentage, QB rating, leadership qualities, experience, ablitity to read defenses, pocket awareness? Henne is "far superior" in two categories: arm strength and youth. Other than that the kid has a ways to go.

some people would rather be right and see the team/certain players fail than be wrong and see them succeed. need further proof? How many "i told you so"and "where are the player x apologist or bashers" threads do you see after games around here.

its a joke.

sad but true. i'll happily admit that i'm surprised with how well Henne has looked. i didn't expect that.

Two points

1) Henne is not losing the game for Miami as a rookie, that is good.
2) Greg Camarillo seems to be returning to form and hopefully this addresses the possession receiver problem or lack there of.

its a joke.

Well there is little accountability around here :ponder:isn't there - place is a zoo when it comes to show-boating - Henne in my op is real...

Back
Top Bottom