Henson or Rivers? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henson or Rivers?

Cover23

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I have long been a Philip Rivers fan. He seems to be the QB that could bring the Phins back in the hunt.
But most recently Drew Henson has entered the Dolphins QB possiblities along with others.
I for one am torn between the two. I just hope that we get one or the other actually. Rivers will be the guy I hope to get, where Henson is a guy I would "settle" for. ya I know settle.....Please Miami bring one of these two guys to South Florida.

id much rather phillip rivers, henson is older, and has been out of football for a little while, and his true love is baseball, just becuase he is thinking of a change now dont mean in the future he wont deciede to go back to baseball, and being a QB there is no way any team will allow him to be a two sport player. plus i really like what i see with Rivers i just hope we can even get him with the 20th pick

Either one would be nice! My choice would be Rivers if only for the fact of Drew being out for the last couple of years and Rivers looks so sharp! I watched Drew at Mich and he looked good, real good! If we trade away any of next years pick i would only do it for a 2nd this year and pick a WR!!

Its not really fair to say baseball was Henson's true love. He went there for the money. They were offering more money than a football contract, faster. I mean heck look at the last three years of his baseball deal. Its worth 12 million, and its GUARANTEED. Even though the guy is in AAA and he's sucking, he's still gettin all that money. If it were a guy who really didn't love the game of football, he wouldn't bother tryin to start up his football career, he could just play out the next three years and pick up those GUARANTEED paychecks.

Reports say that the year the Texans drafted David Carr, they were ready to make Drew Henson their #1 pick but he opted for baseball.

Reports are that we may send our number 20 this year to the texans for the rights to henson, which could be ok if we still think we can get a pick for Ogun. Then we have a guy who can potentially be an amazing QB, and we won't have to pay him as much as a draft pick, so it could help our cap. We have still end up with a first, we could draft a Wideout in the first and then address OL in FA. Don't actually sound like a bad deal. We know the guy can play, but is his head still in the game? I dunno.....

Just a question, when could a trade like this go down? Is he a FA, or what? I don't know how this would get done. March 1? I Confused...... :confused:

If we give up our 20th pick for Henson, first off he won't get less than a normal draft pick from us chances are he'll get more. Second, if we do that I don't think it would be worth it to give up Ogunleye just to get a 2nd WR. We keep Ogun and our DL is guaranteed to be dominant. Our DL is probably the most important part of the defense. The Bucs won the damn super bowl cuz their DL was so dominant. That Pats have a lot of success because of their DL and down linebacker passrushers....McGinest, Seymour, Ty Warren and Ted Washington...

The only way I'd give up Ogun is if the pick is top 15. Otherwise, not worth it.

Drew Henson without a seconds thought. Guy was likely to be Houston's 1st overall pick 2 years ago, looked like a superstar in the making at Michigan. Has all the tools.

I like both, but Henson is a diamond. I would love to have him in S Fla. Of course Rivers is great also. As for Henson being out too long and older than other draft picks, i think its BS. Henson looks great in workouts, sharp strong, making all the trows so playing baseball has not hurt is football potential. He is only 24 also. A few months older than Manning. Anyone not want Eli b/c he is too old? If Eli fel to 20 :lol: who would want us to pass based on his age? Please. Henson was the #1 overall in a good to great QB class. lets :pray: we get him. How about this deal, trade wally and a #3 next year for Henson with the condition that if Henson plays X number of games the pick can move up to #2. They might take that I hear they have interest in Wally.

Does anyone have any links to how well Drew Henson is practicing? I have found links that hes working out at IMG but no reports on how well.

Henson to me seems like more of a leader than a great QB. So it comes down to wather you want the guys with a great arm that makes plays (Rivers) or a natural born leader ( henson). After watching a leader with a noodle arm for the last 4 years I choice Rivers.

ive been looking, can we please get some info on henson? his college stats etc? why was he so great? I would much rather just get texans 10th pick for ogun possibly a 3rd or something along with it. That way we ca for sure get Rivers and a damn good #2 WR

Back
Top Bottom