Henson or Rivers? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henson or Rivers?

i would rather have Rivers, Losman, or Pickett.

The advantage to getting Henson is that it will probably involve a pick from next season so Miami could get their future QB and either a WR or OL with this year's first.

Having said that, I want Rivers. I really don't care about the rest of the draft. Sure we have holes at OL and WR and we should use a later pick on a DT, but all I want is Rivers.

Jeeees, talk about virtually everyone being locked into Rivers. I think that the Dolphin smoke screen is working nicely. Okay, Henson carries risk, but he also has a number of plus points. Henson has played a couple of years of pro sports. His experience in the big leagues, even if it is a different sport counts for a lot.

Henson has better tools than Rivers, and is reportedly a great leader. I forget who posted it, but that profile sounds remarkably like a certain former Miami QB, one who will probably take a liking to this young man (even a similar connection to baseball). Now if we were talking about (29 year old?) Chris Wienke, then believe me, my attitude would be different. As it is, here is a 24 blue chip prospect, with experience of the pressures of pro sports, who displays all the intangibles that this team needs.

So Henson has been out of football for a while. Anyone think that he has forgotten how to play??

The ideal scenario would have been to pick up his rights last year. However, the asking price is probably a number one pick right now......personally, I'd happily take a gamble at greatness. I don't see Henson carrying any more risk than any other first round pick, yet the pay off is potentially higher than most other prospects. Eli Manning is the closest you get to a garanteed franchise QB (I said "CLOSEST TO", people). However, the asking price for Manning will be huge.

I hope this is true, and the Phins get it done. The main worry for me is that as time passes there may be a number of suitors for Henson's services.

BTW...kudos to Houston for picking up his rights.

I have been a Rivers fan for long long time now. With talks going 'round that Drew Henson is coming back to football, I cant help but get very excited about this.
When I think about it, if we land Henson I will be thrilled, to say the least, reading his career stats in everything since his high school days, this guy is one hell of an athlete!!! I for one will welcome this guy to So. Florida
Rivers, Rivers, Rivers.... I cant help but say this guy reminds me so much of Dan the Man(Iknow its been said plenty of times). This guy seems very mature, being he has a wife and child and seems like a very homely(sp?) type of guy that has his head on right. The #17 jersey will sell very quickly if he is on board.
In the end, I am torn....Rivers or Henson???? Either way the Dolphins have just improved drastically at the QB position. We will deff. be on our way fellas!!!!!

I can't say I don't want Henson b/c I haven't watched him play and I don't make evaluations on players I haven't watched. I know I want Rivers. If Miami gets either of these players I won't complain. If Miami does not get Henson then I hope he goes to Pitt b/c IMO they are the biggest threat to take Rivers.

Originally posted by OneHondo
Drew Hinson stats including year to year at Michigan:
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/395635

Too big of a risk? Why, because he's been a way from the game a couple years? They're all big risks at our pick, except Henson is more talented than both Rivers & Losman & shouldn't cost us a 1st rounder.

Also, age should not be an issue. Like someone already said he turns 24 in a couple weeks & he's still younger than David Carr & Carson Palmer, the two previous #1 picks.

Originally posted by Phishstix
this is from my post about henson two weeks ago

what is this fascination with drew henson? he wasn't really earth-shattering at michigan (he only started one season and ranked #6 in big ten passing efficiency, behind brees, rashard casey, zak kustok, kurt kittner, and steve bellisari-not exactly a bunch of aa's) and he's been out of the game for 4 years now, do you guys think he's just gonna come in and be ready to go from jump street?

Your information is incorrect. I believe you were looking at passing yardage in which case Brees, Casey, Kustok, Kittner, & Bellisari had more yardage because Henson missed 3 games. Henson however was first in the Big 10 in passing efficiency.

Yardage:
http://wajl10.com/d1a/stat/2000/big10.php

Passing Efficiency:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/recaps/2001/01/01/mmk_aar/
Henson, the Big Ten Conference leader in passing efficiency, also was on target throughout, completing 15-of-20 for 294 yards and two touchdowns.

Henson is proven & he's only been away from the game for 3 years, not 4.

Back
Top Bottom