Henson/Rivers: Part 67 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henson/Rivers: Part 67

Perfect scenario would be restructuring Fiedler to begin the season. I think Rivers could step in about week 4-5 and take over from there. I don't support Jay by any means, but he is familiar with the other guys and I see no need to sign another guy and take the cap hit from Fiedler. Fiedler would probably take a big paycut, and face it if we release him, we take a HUGE cap hit. Wanny screwed up majorly giving Fiedler that kind of contract when he knew his limitations.

The thing that scares me most, can we even get Rivers?
Buf, Pitt, and even GB moving up makes me nervous.

I really don't want Jay here any more to tell you the truth and I'm not certain that any rookie, even Rivers as much as I like him, can step in and lead this team to a lot of victories.

I would rather take a chance and roll the dice on guys like Sage Rosenfels or Ricky Ray, or maybe Billy Volek, and see if they can't lead us to victory a lot like Delhomme did for the Panthers and many other first year starters have done in the past. In that scenario when we ARE ready to let Rivers take the reins, at least we can dangle a starter quality QB in front of other teams as trade bait.

BTW I was wrong about Rivers not being on Kipers Top 25. But he wasn't ranked 19 either, he was ranked 23rd. I'm staring at Kiper's newest Top 25 right now and it says his previous ranking was 23rd.

Everyone is talking about the risk of the player (Henson or Rivers) succeeding or not in the NFL...

Well right now IMO both of these players, infact IMO all the top 5 QB prospect this year will probabbly succeed in the NFL (and I don't mean SB in their first 5 years)...

So seeing that we don't have the trading power to move up in the picks, would it not be safer to work a deal out for Henson.

Problem is Rivers will probably not be there in the 20th pick. If we wait for him and its because we did not try to get Henson, then we have to get Losman. Seems that the risk to get Rivers at # 20, might be to high and we end up without a future franchise QB...

That is MHO...

Rivers!!

In all honestly i have seen a ton of rivers and not that much on Henson. I would be happy with both.. All of that ramsey talk was very frustrating. He is just like feidler.

Its all about Rivers.

The upside with Henson is that we could possibly get him, Clayton and Carey this year. That's kinda cool. But I'd still rather have Rivers along with Carey.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
BTW I was wrong about Rivers not being on Kipers Top 25. But he wasn't ranked 19 either, he was ranked 23rd. I'm staring at Kiper's newest Top 25 right now and it says his previous ranking was 23rd.

He was #19 for a week or two and then moved back down after several juniors declared for the draft (S. Taylor, Winslow, ...)

I watched almost all of Rivers games this year and he is one accurate MO-FO!!!! He was absolutely amazing all season. Remember too folks, he played this well without the teams BEST O-lineman, other starting WR, and his tailback (T.A. McClendon) was in and out of games all season long. I think he will be ready to play sooner than later. He has all of the intangibles.

Ah that must be it. I think we're talkin about QBs who all have bright futures, Ramsey included. I've seen him play and like him a lot. I like Rivers more than any but would be happy with Ramsey, Henson, Roethlisberger, Manning...and if Trestman stuck around a few years and REALLY stayed on his @ss, I'd be happy even with Losman at the right price (which I don't think is #20).

Chances are some of these guys will end up stuck on bad teams or in bad situations that are not ideal for them and it ends up ruining their careers...which is too bad.

Originally posted by Unconquered
God, I still watch the clips of Rivers in the Senior Bowl and I think he is phenomenal!!!

Rivers all the way!!

where can I see video clips of this ?

Originally posted by ckparrothead
He went 4-0 in bowl games during his college career and put on a show at this year's Senior Bowl, and with his smarts Rivers could come in and compete for the starting job as a rookie.
-Mel Kiper Jr.
[/B]

Ouch.. Mel, do your homework a little further there boss..

The Rivers-led Wolfpack were beaten by Pittsburgh 34-19 in the 2001 Tangerine Bowl. In the game, the then sophomore Rivers

Rivers DID put up some pretty solid numbers in the game however, completing 26-of-40 for 189 yards, with a touchdown and one interception. He was also sacked four times.

Yeah I think what Mel Kiper MEANT to say is that he was voted an MVP in all 4 bowl games that he went to...and now was voted MVP of the Senior Bowl.

The point is still the same, when the game is on a big stage and its important, Rivers shows up to play. Kind of the anti-Simms

BTW I wish I had taped that Senior Bowl. I would have scoured every single play by now. Rivers was flat out awesome. What was most impressive is that he just looked at home in the offense, like it was HIS offense, ya know? Almost like he was the home team guy and the rest of the QBs who showed up to play in HIS offense were just visiting scrubs. Losman went out there and looked like he tried to display his cannon arm and great mobility to better his case. Rivers went out there and looked like he was equally trying to 'unleash' himself, but doing it by getting his team into the endzone, not by displaying any of his physical talents.

Back
Top Bottom