Herbert Chokes Again | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herbert Chokes Again

Dude had a premonition that an infant in Hawai'i was to become the greatest QB of all time.
Since my wife and I have traveled to Hawaii nearly 20 times in the last 25 years, you just might be on to something. Maybe all my visits had something to do with the Dolphins drafting Tua. /s

Since my wife and I have traveled to Hawaii nearly 20 times in the last 25 years, you just might be on to something. Maybe all my visits had something to do with the Dolphins drafting Tua. /s
someone vision GIF

Interesting..... Tua is 25 years old....

Right. The Tua instead of Herbert argument sure is looking good for Miami.

Admittedly, Herbert so far has a significant edge in durability. But Tua is the better quarterback. Hands down.
I love our play speed. I love being able to score in one play from anywhere on the field.
To compare Tua vs Herbert, or any two players, is a little difficult. There are many variables. Quality of players around you, coaches, scheme, etc.
Tua seems a really good guy, I have not watched an Herbert interview

And the Rams have recently won a damn Super Bowl lol...Californians....
I have a good friend who lives in LA. He is a Dolphin fan and told me that the NFL wanted a team in the LA area a lot more than the people living in the area did.

A lot of the LA fans still view the Chargers as a transplant from San Diego instead of a real LA team. Older Ram fans are still upset the Rams abandoned LA for St Louis and only came back to LA for the money and not for the fans.

Herbert is a good QB, no doubt. But dating back to college, for whatever reason, the teams he has led have put up great stats, but can never seem to get over the hump, and have a tendency to come up short in big moments.

The common denominator across all those teams ain’t the coaching staff, ain’t the skill players, ain’t the scheme, it’s the QB. Make of that what you will.

Back in 2020, I was on the Tua over Herbert train all the ways cause Herbie gave me flashbacks of RT17, a guy who looks the part, but won’t ever take you to the promise land.

I have a good friend who lives in LA. He is a Dolphin fan and told me that the NFL wanted a team in the LA area a lot more than the people living in the area did.

A lot of the LA fans still view the Chargers as a transplant from San Diego instead of a real LA team. Older Ram fans are still upset the Rams abandoned LA for St Louis and only came back to LA for the money and not for the fans.
Good point and I suspect all accurate. This will change with time as the young grow up with the LA Chargers.

Seems to be a recurring theme
Idk if this is a new thing, but I've noticed with the big throws he's missed. I mean his injured is on his non throwing hand so that obviously shouldn't effect his passing accuracy. But am I seeing things or does Herbert seem to lack "touch" on his passes? He missed some wide open deep or intermediate passes that would have won game or broke open. I know every qb misses open passes, but these passes were one's that required touch and dropping it over to the WR. I wonder if this gets overlooked because he makes flashy throws and he has a rocket arm. It's nice having a rocket arm, but that doesn't mean much if a qb can't also have touch on his passes. That's what mahomes has. Mahomes has a rocket arm, but he can loft passes when needed and layered passes or different throws. Herbert is a talented qb, but this was something I definitely noticed. I haven't watched too many games from him on live tv. Has others noticed herbert not able to have good touch on his passes? Funny thing is certain radio hosts or analysts will still make excuses for herbert, but any thing that Tua does that's not perfect and bash Tua. Oh well

Back
Top Bottom