Herbert Chokes Again | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herbert Chokes Again

QBs are credited with 4th quarter comebacks regardless of how or when the team takes the lead as long as it was in the 4th quarter.

Tannehill was credited with a 4th quarter comeback one game when he threw a TD after it bounced off a DL helmet on the 1st play of the 4th quarter. That’s not a pressure situation.

Not saying some of Herbert’s aren’t legit, just there needs to be a narrowing of the stat to better reflect when the game is truly a pressure situation. Along with a stat that shows when QBs don’t come through.

I recall a few games when the game was on the line and big armed Tarzan (Herbert) threw like Jane with the game on the line costing the Chargers a win.
I'm pretty sure this Tannehill situation is extremely rare. Herbert may not come back all the time, but he does a lot and the facts are right there in front of everyone

Interesting. You seem to lack any semblance of irony. Are you not in fact joining another thread to start yet another pointless argument? It seems like these arguments are some source of personal pleasure otherwise why do it over and over and over like you do? Might be something to look into. All the best to you sir.
Eh
If it floats your boat to be worried about another QB who’s not a threat and need to justify your position on your own player then have at it

Talk about irony, I don’t agree about talking t about or killing another QB on another team you get all butt hurt. This is a forum, it’s opinions so deal with it

This is a fins forum where I talk about my QB and my team
I’ll worry about talking about Herbert when he’s on our schedule again
If this narrative gets you all butt hurt which it obviously has then I can’t help you

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this Tannehill situation is extremely rare. Herbert may not come back all the time, but he does a lot and the facts are right there in front of everyone
As is the fact that Herbert career stats are 75 TD passes and 21 interceptions in the first 3 quarters, and 28 TD passes and 16 interceptions in the 4th quarter.

Gamer Choking GIF by ECSTATIC

didnt he also lose a playoff game after being up like 28-3? classic Herbert. Nice guys really do finish last.

As I have said before, Herbert is a fine QB we would be happy to have if there was no Tua. However Tua is clutch with imprinted Winner DNA while Herbert not so much!

it was like that in college too. It's one reason why so many of us wanted Tua instead of Herbert. Herbert wins the beauty contest but at the end of the game I want Tua as my QB with the game on the line.

as i've said many times in other threads (regarding herbert), the number of 4th quarter comebacks is only relevant if you know how many times he was put in the win/lose situation total.

obviously he doesn't "always choke," as lynx has said, but 27 GW drives in the 4th quarter out of 27 tries is better than out of 40 times being in that situation.

based on my eye test, he is not clutch, and he doesn't make me think he is going to make that drive to win at the end of the game (like Tua does), regardless of what the numbers have shown thus far.

Obviously he doesn't choke all the time, that's the point
I don’t think Herbert is a bad NFL QB. In fact he is probably a top 10 NFL QB at this time simply because there are so many bad starting QB’s in the NFL now.

I am just glad that Grier was smart enough to draft Tua instead of Herbert. Tua is the perfect QB for a MCDaniel offense. His ability to quickly read the defensive coverage and get rid of the ball, along with his extreme accuracy
is Instrumental is making the passing game as effective as it is for the Dolphins.

The only issue with Tua has always been his durability compared to Herbert. It was his injury history that was the reason there was a debate regarding which QB the Dolphins should draft in 2020. At the time I wanted them to draft Tua but I also stated before the draft that I would understand if they drafted Herbert simply because Tua had just suffered a serious hip injury.

I think it took Tua almost two years to fully recover from that hip surgery and it affected his play early in his career. Yet at this time he appears to be 100% healthy and he has proven he is one of the best QB’s in the entire league.

well I wouldn’t put it all on Herbert tbh, yes he does overthrow receivers and can be a bit erratic in the crunch

But every time I watch the bolts it blows my mind how poorly coached they are, Staley is literally shaving points off of his offense every god damn game to the ridiculous point of even Troy aikman makes fun of him
I've been saying this for the last 2 seasons. They need a regime change at this point. They have too much talent to be mediocre.

Back
Top Bottom