Herd w/Colin Cowherd doesn't think Tua will be good because he is small with no wiggle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herd w/Colin Cowherd doesn't think Tua will be good because he is small with no wiggle

A little late to the party dude
Already a couple of threads on this

Cowherd does not recognize talent. He looks at a piece of paper and sees 6 ft tall and makes dumb assessments. What happened with R. Wilson, Drew Brees or Steve young? They must have been a fantasy to him.
They must have the wiggle!

Cowherd said " he's small and unathletic, the only successful prototype of him that is successful in the NFL is Drew Brees " I get where he's coming from but Tua also has a lot of things going for him like a super quick release, good pocket presence, great eye discipline, progresses thru his reads quickly, so as long as we don't ask him to do anything outside of his skill set like throwing on the run, throwing deep outs ( I'd limit quick outs too lol) throwing 50+ yard bombs and not ask him to make too many throws outside the numbers he should be fine.

Cowherd said " he's small and unathletic, the only successful prototype of him that is successful in the NFL is Drew Brees " I get where he's coming from but Tua also has a lot of things going for him like a super quick release, good pocket presence, great eye discipline, progresses thru his reads quickly, so as long as we don't ask him to do anything outside of his skill set like throwing on the run, throwing deep outs ( I'd limit quick outs too lol) throwing 50+ yard bombs and not ask him to make too many throws outside the numbers he should be fine.
I know you post alot here, but Im not sure youve watched his tape.

He’s got an awesome deep ball with great accuracy .

It looked much better in 2018 than in 2019, and almost every deep ball he ever threw traveled less than 50 yards in the air based on what I remember.
If ur being literal about the 50 yard number then you can apply that concept to just about every QB except for a few.

I know you post alot here, but Im not sure youve watched his tape.

I watched every game, If you think he has a cannon for an arm or runs sub 4.75 your gonna be pissed this Sunday lol, but with the right scheme he doesn't need too there's plenty of things he does at an elite level. We will find out if Tua has got what it takes to be a franchise QB soon enough.

I watched every game, If you think he has a cannon for an arm or runs sub 4.75 your gonna be pissed this Sunday lol, but with the right scheme he doesn't need too there's plenty of things he does at an elite level. We will find out if Tua has got what it takes to be a franchise QB soon enough.
I dont really care what he runs, he isnt that kind of QB. I do know he can make every throw on the field, including deep outs.

Alot of the shorter passing game was brought to Bama by Sarkisian, if you want to see film of Tua throwing it more vertical, you gotta look back to the 2018 season.

Im not sure why we are still having this discussion, but whatever. We will see soon enough.

If ur being literal about the 50 yard number then you can apply that concept to just about every QB except for a few.
I'd say you have average deep ball arm strength if you can throw it about 60 yards meaning in game situations they're in the 50 yard range in air, elite arm talent can throw it about 70 yards so 60 yards in game situations. The one time I saw the ball travel 50 yards in air with Tua he had to put his whole body in it, it's no secret Tua's arm strength is below average especially from a ball velocity standpoint. Josh Allen claims he can throw the ball 80 yards, Herbert can throw it 70+ plus which is probably the reason he's so accurate on deep balls this year, you have so much control over the ball when you only have to put 75 percent into a 60 yard throw.

Back
Top Bottom