Herd w/Colin Cowherd doesn't think Tua will be good because he is small with no wiggle | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herd w/Colin Cowherd doesn't think Tua will be good because he is small with no wiggle

Cowherd does not recognize talent. He looks at a piece of paper and sees 6 ft tall and makes dumb assessments. What happened with R. Wilson, Drew Brees or Steve young? They must have been a fantasy to him.
You obviously didn’t watch the video.

There is a "prototype" size for a QB for a reason. That doesn't mean a guy has to be 6'4" 240 lbs to be successful, but all other things being equal, it is beneficial.

What do you believe the reason is that major programs recruit bigger guys, as a rule? You think they are all just morons? Is there some "height shaming" I haven't heard about?

Look, I don't believe that Tua's stature, in and of itself, is the determining factor in his success, but your conclusions go against a very large majority of the football world.

I would also point out that the rule changes have made it easier for a smaller player to survive the punishment. Prior to the emphasis on protecting QBs, and to some extent how DB aren't allowed contact anymore, a QB was driven into the ground multiple times per game, even when the got rid of the ball. A bigger player, on average, can better ansorb that punishment. That's nothing to do with "toughness", just physics.

Prototype? Like the prototype powerback must be over 225 lbs?

That's what "someone" said is their desirable height, etc. Everything has a season. There was a time the "prototype" was 6 '4 220 lbs...and lily White. That prototype is going the way of the dodo...as is the school of thought that the QB must be White...and must be a pocket passer.

No small QB is taking the punishment you say they will due to physics for exactly the reason you said they won't. It was legislated out of the NFL.

BUST. He will fail and the Dolphins are just a losing team with this front office. Should have traded 1st round picks and be all in next year with 5 picks to get Lawrence. Colin Cowherd is dead on. Theres a reason you came name the 6ft and under QB with weak arms on one hand. B-U-S-T. On top of all of this hes extremely injury prone. Chris Grier will be fired for making this pick mark my words. Lawrence is a generational talent out of college the likes of Elway, Manning, and Luck. Cant take these rah-rah- Tua threads and lovers anymore...Not that I wanted Herbert but given the choice I would have taken him over Tua no brainer. He at least can stay healthy, can see over the line, and has a MUCH stronger arm . Angry at this pick to say the least. Five first round picks next year would have landed Lawrence with maybe a pick or two to spare

BUST. He will fail and the Dolphins are just a losing team with this front office. Should have traded 1st round picks and be all in next year with 5 picks to get Lawrence. Colin Cowherd is dead on. Theres a reason you came name the 6ft and under QB with weak arms on one hand. B-U-S-T. On top of all of this hes extremely injury prone. Chris Grier will be fired for making this pick mark my words. Lawrence is a generational talent out of college the likes of Elway, Manning, and Luck. Cant take these rah-rah- Tua threads and lovers anymore...Not that I wanted Herbert but given the choice I would have taken him over Tua no brainer. He at least can stay healthy, can see over the line, and has a MUCH stronger arm . Angry at this pick to say the least. Five first round picks next year would have landed Lawrence with maybe a pick or two to spare
But are you happy with Darnold?

What this guy and many others underestimate is the athlete that Tua is..

He’s not fast but he’s a great athlete..

Cowherd saying today that Tua doesn’t have it like Burrow and Herbert. How can one tell based off of yesterday vs the rams? No one learned anything about Tua that game because it was impossible to with all those return scores.

Now might be a good time for me to post Cowherd's rant from a decade ago where he said Jim Harbaugh was a more impressive coach than Nick Saban - and then his subsequent crawfishing a few days ago when that old footage was brought to his attention after losing to Michigan St......again.

This guy is essentially BigNastyFish and a Tannegroupie rolled into one with a TV show. He's brilliant at what he does....which is sitting in his chair not having a clue.

Now might be a good time for me to post Cowherd's rant from a decade ago where he said Jim Harbaugh was a more impressive coach than Nick Saban - and then his subsequent crawfishing a few days ago when that old footage was brought to his attention after losing to Michigan St......again.

This guy is essentially BigNastyFish and a Tannegroupie rolled into one with a TV show. He's brilliant at what he does....which is sitting in his chair not having a clue.
too funny!

Hillbilly sniping from the weeds!

Have fun rolling in the grass with the cousins later!

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom