Herd w/Colin Cowherd doesn't think Tua will be good because he is small with no wiggle | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herd w/Colin Cowherd doesn't think Tua will be good because he is small with no wiggle

An article can say anything it wants. I'll believe that when I see it. I can count on one hand the guys that were in Marino's class, as far as quick release, in history.

I guess we all have a different opinion on what qualifies as a "canon" arm. I don't consider Brees, even in his prime, as being even close to guys like Favre, Rodgers, or even Matt Stafford for that matter.
A canon arm would be generally accepted as an original arm. Now, if you install some cybernetics, it would no longer be canon.

Man, many of you effers are as old as me.
I was a wee lad at the time. Back when there was no 24hr a day sports. You had to wait for a few hrs of weekend programming, to get your sports fix during the offseasons.....lol, so a rinkydink pro bowl skills challenge was a can't miss event.

It would be interesting to know how many first round picks 6 feet or under could not make it in the NFL.
I think the majority of those QB's 6 feet or under were not 1st round picks because they did not have the talent Tua has, so the exception was already achieved by being drafted this high even tough he is not "tall".
Please, in the name of all that is holy, let's not do that again.

We spent, literally, months and countless threads on that very query.

Prior to Michael Vick, then Kyler Murray, none were ever taken that high (at least since the merger), and very few were taken rd1 at all.

An article can say anything it wants. I'll believe that when I see it. I can count on one hand the guys that were in Marino's class, as far as quick release, in history.

I guess we all have a different opinion on what qualifies as a "canon" arm. I don't consider Brees, even in his prime, as being even close to guys like Favre, Rodgers, or even Matt Stafford for that matter.

I don't consider him close to them either, I don't know where you saw that but my post said Brees had a decent arm in his prime.

"No velocity."

ZNiIMM.gif

Thank goodness we have smarter scouts than some of the posters on here.
Oh I see you sped up the tape there nice try ;)

I think all 3 of those guys throw with more velocity especially Wilson. In terms of velocity he looks below average for an NFL starter, Matt Ryan and Sam Darnold look to have about average arm strength he looks a tier below them in the arm strength department.
I disagree. I would say maybe Brady does but not by much. I definitely think Tua has more velocity than Brees. I would say Tua is on par with Wilson. What makes Wilson so special is I don't think I have ever seen anyone that throws a better "deep" ball with such precision and touch. None of what makes Russell so special has much to do with his arm strength. His arm is strong enough, much like Tua.

Tua's game isn't velocity... it's anticipation and touch, and that may take a couple of years to really bloom in the NFL. I'm hopeful, but I'm not going to get tied up in an arm strength conversation... that just isn't his game. If we would have wanted a cannon... we would have taken a different QB.

I wouldn’t say tua has Wilson’s arm. But again Wilson’s arm has developed in the pros. Like bradys did.

brees is the one whose arm is starting to show red flags.

i think we are gonna find tuas arm is fine. Conceptually they aren’t gonna ask him to throw 18 yard opposite hash come backs etc.

I also think tua throws better on the run than given credit for.

Tuas pivot is gonna help his arm too cause his mechanics or should I see feet and arm are gonna be in sync which is gonna allow his lower half to do more of the work.

his pivot is exceptional

watch his pitt tape. His feet were exceptional too. Foot speed really stood out.
His Junior year was very good. It was almost as if they foolishly messed with his mechanics his Sr season. Had the pocket awareness of an NFL vet from day one.

I disagree. I would say maybe Brady does but not by much. I definitely think Tua has more velocity than Brees. I would say Tua is on par with Wilson. What makes Wilson so special is I don't think I have ever seen anyone that throws a better "deep" ball with such precision and touch. None of what makes Russell so special has much to do with his arm strength. His arm is strong enough, much like Tua.

I will give you current Brees but Wilson throws with more velocity.

Back
Top Bottom