Here it is...The petition to bring back Joe Robbie Stadium | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here it is...The petition to bring back Joe Robbie Stadium

You can name a street, resturaunt, private boat, ect. ect. ect. after someone who's still living, but naming a stadium after a living person (Marino or Shula) is tacky.

JRS sounds good to me even though I still blame him for not paying Zconka,Kiick,Warfield.... the big $$$ to stay with the Fins and continue the drive for (what I beleive) FIVE superbowls in a row and the only franchise to win four in a row.
Then there wouldn't be any dispute about who was the all time greatest team. :)
AND no dissing the 72 team!:yell:

Man this thing is getting out there huh!

But as much as I hope it does will it really do any good?

Even with 70000

Joe Robbie was a cheap SOB when it came to players, but spent his own money to build a stadium that nearly bankrupted his family... What a hero...

Name it anything but Joe Robbie...

I wouldn;t mid it being called Joe Robbie but I like Pro Player better.

Yeah Dan Marino desreves a stadium named after him he needs it since he never won a SB...he is our MVP of any players in our history...if Ricky can win us a SB...and keep being succesful for 3-4 more seasons he may take that though.

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
Yeah Dan Marino desreves a stadium named after him he needs it since he never won a SB...he is our MVP of any players in our history...if Ricky can win us a SB...and keep being succesful for 3-4 more seasons he may take that though.
dan has a statue at the stadium and the main street in front of the stadium, its been JRS in my mind from day one, might as well make it that way for real!;)

Originally posted by T-ROCK
Joe Robbie was a cheap SOB when it came to players, but spent his own money to build a stadium that nearly bankrupted his family... What a hero...

No Joe, no Dolphins, No Don shula, no Perfect season.

wrong T-Rock

Originally posted by T-ROCK

The Robbie family is still loaded. they sold the stadium because of the estate taxes.

Re: wrong T-Rock

Originally posted by fins1
The Robbie family is still loaded. they sold the stadium because of the estate taxes.

So your idea of being finacially solvent is to sell off the jewel of your empire to pay taxes???

If they were "loaded", they wouldn't have had to first sell 50% of the stadium and 15% of the team, then a few years later sell off the remaining 50% of the stadium and the other 85% of the team...

They were broke... They could have sold either the team or the stadium... Obviously, they couldn't afford to...

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
No Joe, no Dolphins, No Don shula, no Perfect season.

What about Danny Thomas???

No Danny Thomas, No Miami Dolphins, No Don Shula, No Perfect Season, No THAT GIRL...

And what about W. H. Keland, who was Robbie's equal partner in buying out Danny Thomas' interest in the team??? And what of the group that then bought out Keland???

Robbie wasn't sole owner for more than 10 years into the Dolphins existance...

This could go on forever, LMAO...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom