Here it is...The petition to bring back Joe Robbie Stadium | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here it is...The petition to bring back Joe Robbie Stadium

Good luck with it, Joe Robbie treated players well, most of the fans loved him. But dont send the petition thru Dade county courthouse or it will be named Bush Stadium...

im gonna start the petition to bring back Vida Guerra pretty soon.. :o :D

Originally posted by T-ROCK
What about Danny Thomas???

No Danny Thomas, No Miami Dolphins, No Don Shula, No Perfect Season, No THAT GIRL...

And what about W. H. Keland, who was Robbie's equal partner in buying out Danny Thomas' interest in the team??? And what of the group that then bought out Keland???

Robbie wasn't sole owner for more than 10 years into the Dolphins existance...

This could go on forever, LMAO...

Look man, I understand that you don't like Joe Robbie, and that's fine. But I think most Dolphins fans would agree that Joe is considered the father of the Dolphins, and it's indisputable that he was the reason that the Stadium was built. I know a lot of people who think Dan Marino is a prick, but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a statue out front.

Re: Re: wrong T-Rock

Originally posted by T-ROCK
So your idea of being finacially solvent is to sell off the jewel of your empire to pay taxes???

If they were "loaded", they wouldn't have had to first sell 50% of the stadium and 15% of the team, then a few years later sell off the remaining 50% of the stadium and the other 85% of the team...

They were broke... They could have sold either the team or the stadium... Obviously, they couldn't afford to...

Dam T-Rock! Did one of Robbie's limo's run over your dog or something? :laugh:

OK then do NOT name it after DAMNED Marino, doing that will jinx from EVER winning another Sb.
If you are going to give it any marino-esque theme, name it after Ace Ventura.
"It's going down this week at the ACE!"
The guy who saved you mascot is the biggest dolphins hero I can think of.
Why does nobody want to call it the house that Jimmy brought down? No JJ fans to be found. If you named after him it could be the hairspray sideways mullet, or for Jimmy's middle name EGO...

I would vote for Robbie out of the tenure he gave Shula, when others claimed the sport had passed him up Robbie stood by him and got back to superbowl two more times. Loyalty should be rewarded.

How mant sigs would we need to get the change approved? I've signed it (1270 i think). I want Daddy Dolphin's spirit to live on.

But if the fins want to make some money and give the stadium a corporate name, they should call up the T.D. Waterhouse guys. Sounds much better than an out-of-business underwear company, and the first initials at least resembles something about football

Alright, it's been going for about a week. Who is gonna present this to the big man himself? I would really love for this change to actually come true, or at least get some other company in there. PPS sucks.

Well then, MODS, make sure this stays up for as long as it takes.

Back
Top Bottom