Here's One Benefit To Dolphins Not Giving Tannehill Competition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's One Benefit To Dolphins Not Giving Tannehill Competition

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
They again won’t have the issues that come with quarterback competition. But if there is one positive for the Dolphins in having David Fales and Brock Osweiler as back-ups, it’s that there’s no swirl of attention odd reaction in the locker room and from the incumbent quarterback.
As far as the relationship between reserves and starters, it’s often testy. Sometimes it’s less so, though. Dan Marino asked one thing of his back-ups that they all did.
To pull the jersey over his shoulder pads before a game. It was a superstition, and that’s something any position can relate to.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...aveHyde-blog+(Dave+Hyde+|+Sun+Sentinel+blogs)

No problem with this we stay focused this year without a QB controversy to cloud the facts. If the facts are ugly then there no excuses for moving on from RT or Gase.

There will be a QB competition but it won't be public. If Tannehill comes out and shits the bed from the gate, Osweiler will be our day 1 starter, but that seems less than likely knowing RT17's work ethic and physical prowess(let's hope he still has it)

How many teams these days really have QB competition? I don’t think it’s healthy anyway at this point in the guys career. When they are rookies or guys like Fales, ok. But if your 7-8 year guy has to “prove” himself each year that means he likely doesn’t have “it”. I’m ok w no alternative here. The starter needs the support of his HC and to take the reps.

thill17 does need QB competition from nfl point of view.
from dolphins point of view. they feel thill17 is answer.
there is nothing that I can post to change Adam Gase mind.

Tannehill doesn't need competition. He's a true pro.

Competition brings out the best in all of us but at the same time guys like Ryan Tannehill are cut from a different cloth.

Guys with 17's physical gifts and toughness don't fall of trees.

I like knowing my QB is the alpha dog.

And that dog is about to bite back at all who doubt him.

thill17 does need QB competition from nfl point of view.
from dolphins point of view. they feel thill17 is answer.
there is nothing that I can post to change Adam Gase mind.
For the ten thousandth time. In the NFL you don't bring in competition for your starter. You draft back ups until you don't have a starter.
It's as simple as that. Hopefully you can understand that, maybe not.

For the ten thousandth time. In the NFL you don't bring in competition for your starter. You draft back ups until you don't have a starter.
It's as simple as that. Hopefully you can understand that, maybe not.
I do not care what you think.. it up to dolphins. they know what there doing.

My gut instinct is that Tannehill's gonna come out fired up, pissed that he's missed playing time and anxious to show his teammates that the game trully had slowed down for him. Only danger is that he'll try too hard and look for contact rather than sliding etc.

Back
Top Bottom