Here’s One Offensive Position The Dolphins Want To Replenish. And More Drew Lock Talk | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s One Offensive Position The Dolphins Want To Replenish. And More Drew Lock Talk

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
A six-pack of Dolphins notes on a Thursday:

▪ A few points we’ve heard regarding the Dolphins’ offensive line and what they’ve been communicating:

A) What general manager Chris Grier said publicly — that he wants to re-sign Ja’Wuan James — he has reiterated in strong terms privately. Miami really, really wants to keep him, according to people who have spoken to the Dolphins. But there is a point where Miami would walk away, if the bidding becomes absurd.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article226512285.html#storylink=cpy

Smart to try and retain James, he's a better and more valuable football player than Donovan Smith who just got PAID.

I don't know anything about Drew Lock, but hopefully won't ever have to (Go Daniel Jones!).

"He'll be available" isn't a reason to draft Drew Lock, in fact it's a strong indication we should avoid him in the first round.
"...McShay said it’s more of a case of Lock now being a worthy mid first-round pick.

Lock “has great mobility and arm strength, even though he needs some work with mechanics and ball placement,” McShay said. “He’s a guy that could develop into a big-time player. He has tools that I don’t know anyone else in this quarterback class has...”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article226512285.html#storylink=cpy

48 more days of rumors and players going up and down the board. Happens every year. I just hope we draft smart this year.

A six-pack of Dolphins notes on a Thursday:

▪ A few points we’ve heard regarding the Dolphins’ offensive line and what they’ve been communicating:

A) What general manager Chris Grier said publicly — that he wants to re-sign Ja’Wuan James — he has reiterated in strong terms privately. Miami really, really wants to keep him, according to people who have spoken to the Dolphins. But there is a point where Miami would walk away, if the bidding becomes absurd.

That can be seen as a hint of no pure tank, but the puzzle is incomplete.

Interesting they talk about comp for guard don’t talk much about it for pivot.

If they bring Kilgore back meh and I doubt we draft one early

Swanson actually appeared to have played better. The way that the article is worded it seems like they would like to add an OL or 2 at some point or other, but surely not as a priority as slimm and Doll were hoping.

Swanson actually appeared to have played better. The way that the article is worded it seems like they would like to add an OL or 2 at some point or other, but surely not as a priority as slimm and Doll were hoping.

Well, I don't really care if they do or not. Don't bother me one bit. All I said is that's what I would do. It's a mistake if they don't come out of this draft with a starting center and guard by the end of day 2. But what else is new.

Well, I don't really care if they do or not. Don't bother me one bit. All I said is that's what I would do. It's a mistake if they don't come out of this draft with a starting center and guard by the end of day 2. But what else is new.

It would be great if we can do that, but we have to take BPA @ 13.

I don't study these guys like you do, but if Greedy Williams (if he's top corner) or one of the top pass rushers in this draft falls in our lap @ 13, you have too pull the trigger.

Can't just say we need position X @ 13 and ignore BPA imo, but obviously the interior of our oline must be rebuilt ASAP because it's a mess.

I guess we miss Pouncey more than anyone anticipated, despite all of his health issues both he and his brother are borderline elite (Maurkice now top paid and Mike went to another PB).

Last edited:
But there is a point where Miami would walk away, if the bidding becomes absurd.

Well...I see us walking away because if Donovan Smith's contract is any indication of what LT are worth...get Tunsil signed now and let James go.

DRAFT A RT IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!

Back
Top Bottom