Here's the real scoop on Manuel Wright. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's the real scoop on Manuel Wright.

Wow. Bad news for Wright. Thanks for the info.

DolphinsRising said:
That's pathetic, out of shape for your private workout. Dolphins should still put a bid on him given the potential and Chester's uncertain status.

Why?

You do know what the word project means right? Practice squad. This kid wouldn't be as ready as Vickerson even. That's the sad point. Try to sign a vet (there are a few out there) and save the pick for the next draft.

Brett Tessler said:
His workout was a huge disappointment because he was so out of shape. The Dolphins were not impressed. They did not leave early just to make people think they're not interested... they're NOT interested. I heard that he's nowhere near ready to contribute, and he'll be a major project. That's not what the Dolphins need to invest a high pick in right now. I would be SHOCKED if the Fins selected him before the 4th round (if at all).

Just because he plays a highly coveted position and he does have potential, somebody might still take a shot at him in the 2nd or 3rd... But it won't be the Dolphins.

Hey Brett great job as always! What about the other potential supp. draftees. What's the scoop on them?

VanDolPhan said:
Why?

You do know what the word project means right? Practice squad. This kid wouldn't be as ready as Vickerson even. That's the sad point. Try to sign a vet (there are a few out there) and save the pick for the next draft.

I say we re-sign Mario Monds who would probably do just as good if not better than Wright at this moment and time. I really liked him!

I'd just like to point out that while the Miami five may have left because the team is not interested, that would be the smart play if Nick does want to keep the other teams guessing. That means that they can leave early the next time and teams will be stumped as to whether it means they're being coy or they just don't have any interest.

As always, thanks for the insight, Brett.

phinfan2003 said:
Hey Brett great job as always! What about the other potential supp. draftees. What's the scoop on them?

Do you know if we have any interest in Crosby. I am pretty sure some team throws a 5th or 6th out there, he was a bigtime prospect when he came into college.

I wonder if we'll spend any pick on Wright - even a 6th or 7th?

while we are on this subject does anyone know if next years draft might be week at qb, dt, oline cb and safety ? i know its early but the dolphins are in a pickle at these positions. it s never really a bad idea to look ahead for a stud dt or qb .

The draft is said to be weak at QB but strong at DT and OT from what I recall. I haven't really heard about CB or S at this point.

Surferosa said:
I wonder if we'll spend any pick on Wright - even a 6th or 7th?

As a DT project, Wright is well worth drafting with a 7th. I think everybody would agree with this. That's the rub, though -- he will almost certainly be gone well before then (whether it's 3rd, 4th, 5th is another question).

thanks jimmy . i wonder if we can trade a extra wr and rb for a dt ?

Brett Tessler said:
His workout was a huge disappointment because he was so out of shape. The Dolphins were not impressed. They did not leave early just to make people think they're not interested... they're NOT interested. I heard that he's nowhere near ready to contribute, and he'll be a major project. That's not what the Dolphins need to invest a high pick in right now. I would be SHOCKED if the Fins selected him before the 4th round (if at all).

Just because he plays a highly coveted position and he does have potential, somebody might still take a shot at him in the 2nd or 3rd... But it won't be the Dolphins.

Thanks for the post and update Brett. Your views and posts are greatly appreciated to let us "outsiders" know the inside track on this guy. It will be interested to see if/where he is picked.

first&goal said:
I would still try to get him wit a 6th or 7th.

Im not sure that I would.

Wright continues to show that he is not a self motivator. Showing up out of shape for a private workout that has been scheduled for months? If he was a project in the sense that he had a lot to learn, or needed to get stronger, then fine. But to take a guy whos deficiency is that he's lazy.. I dunno...I think I'd pass.

yankeehillbilly said:
Im not sure that I would.

Wright continues to show that he is not a self motivator. Showing up out of shape for a private workout that has been scheduled for months? If he was a project in the sense that he had a lot to learn, or needed to get stronger, then fine. But to take a guy whos deficiency is that he's lazy.. I dunno...I think I'd pass.

Yeah this guy flunked out of school and couldn't get in shape for his workout. I don't know. I'd pass too.

Back
Top Bottom