here's what our starting line up could be in 2 years!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

here's what our starting line up could be in 2 years!!

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about this cos some people on here think that our team will be broken up soon with the cap and /or age. I think that we'll be fine and tho we'll lose a few players we'll be able to replace them one by one. Here's what I'm thinking at this time for a couple of years from now.

QB-Griese
RB-Ricky
FB-Konrad
TE-Randy
WR-CC
WR-Tolver
LT-Smith
LG-Nails
C-Mckinney
RG-Whitley
RT-Provost

LE-O-gun
DT-Chester
DT-NEW GUY?TIMBO'S GETTING OLDER
RE-Taylor
LB-Moore
LB-Zack2 or 3 more years for him
LB-a new guy here as Seau retires
CB-Sir-tan
CB-new guy here as Madison will be gone?
SS-kNIGHT
fs-Freeman9will be a better FS than SS

so the way I see it, we'll need 3 new guys on defence which isn't bad and the o-line will be a little different but can still be good.
So relax guys, we'll be fine imo.

i think people are getting teensy bit too excited about griese. the guy probably drinks because he cant handle the comparisons to his old man and elway in denver...now, he'll have to deal with comparisons to marino and his old man, in the same town where bob won two championships and directed the greatest team ever. hey, maybe it'll be good for him. either way, i'm glad jay's the starter. that guy has brushed off a truck load of negativity and gone out and performed

crap, i may have just started another griese vs fiedler thread :(

why would seu retire after this season??? Unless your thinking we win the Super Bowl this year

Seau will be us for 2-3 years max.

Zach is here for like 7 more years after he signed his new contract.

He aint going nowhere ;p.
He probably only has like 3 or 4 pro bowl seasons left in em though. Who knows though?

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

crap, i may have just started another griese vs fiedler thread :(

I did. Why do you think I asked ? :lol:

The simple fact about Fiedler is that his base salary goes up to $5+mil after this season and he will probably end up being a cap casualty at that point - unless he restructures. So it's not entirely unrealistic that if we sign Griese as the back-up for this year, he may very well be the starter next year.

Very good point Rebar71! Even though BG would win the job outright without the cap problem!

Why are we replacing Brock Marion with Arturo Freeman???

Griese? I'd replace that with Sage Rosenfels. I think this kid is the next Pennington(not drafted in the same round, but will shine like Pennington as soon as he steps in).

And I'm not so sure about Tolver. I think he's gonna be a starting caliber player because of his great hands, his football speed, and his aggressiveness. But remember, we're talking 2 years here and Thompson signed a 3yr deal. And I think we're gonna draft or sign another WR next year because McKnight will probably get cut next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont see what some people see in sage. He wants to scramble too much and i dont think he has the right instincts

Originally posted by t2thejz
I dont see what some people see in sage. He wants to scramble too much and i dont think he has the right instincts

How do you know that he wants to scramble too much? Have you seen him play with Miami? I know for sure that he didn't play more than 1-2 preseason games with us last year and I'm sure you didn't watch any Redskins preseason games. All we really saw from Sage since he has learned the O more was 3 plays. How can you tell that he wants to scramble too much from 3 plays? :confused:

Also, he is a young QB and will learn. He only gets better every year and the coaches are praising him like hell.

Yea the coacches praised ray well in preseason but im talking about sage in college and the few games ive seen with him. If he was getting so much praise we wouldnt be bringing in griese but u may be right he could be a good qb i just dont see it

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

How do you know that he wants to scramble too much? Have you seen him play with Miami? I know for sure that he didn't play more than 1-2 preseason games with us last year and I'm sure you didn't watch any Redskins preseason games. All we really saw from Sage since he has learned the O more was 3 plays. How can you tell that he wants to scramble too much from 3 plays? :confused:

Also, he is a young QB and will learn. He only gets better every year and the coaches are praising him like hell.

Actually ... he didn't play any pre-season games with Miami... he signed after preseason. We were using Ray, and the two rookies....

Back
Top Bottom