Here’s What Tannehill Hopes For, Longterm, As His Dolphins Career Potentially Nears End | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s What Tannehill Hopes For, Longterm, As His Dolphins Career Potentially Nears End

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Ryan%20Tannehill

With his Dolphins future very much in doubt, Ryan Tannehill made clear Wednesday that he would like to finish his career here and hopes he gets the opportunity.

At this point, that appears unlikely. The Miami Herald reported Sunday that the Dolphins are prepared to move on from Tannehill after seven seasons instead of paying him the $19 million he’s owed each of the next two seasons and carrying a $26.6 million cap hit next season. None of that money is guaranteed.

By cutting or trading him, the Dolphins would clear out $13.2 million in 2019 cap space. It could be $18.7 million in cap savings if he’s released as a post-June 1 designation, but that would come with another dead money hit in 2020.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article223156150.html

Man do we love to restructure contracts at the wrong time. Over 27 million in extra dead cap because we restructured Suh and Tannehill before cutting them the very next year. Both had outs in their contract with minimal guaranteed money until the restructure too. Thanks Tbum.....
Reshad’s restructure also!

I keep forgetting about Osweiler. Ya, you can cut Tannehill and start Osweiler in 2019. Almost the same QB. save all that money.

Foles looks like a system QB. He didnt do so well outside of Philly

I keep forgetting about Osweiler. Ya, you can cut Tannehill and start Osweiler in 2019. Almost the same QB. save all that money.

To be fair to Foles, he had Jeff Fisher as a HC who makes every qb look shitty.

If you are trying to tank in 2019, then play Osweiller. Otherwise, there is absolutely no other reason for us to consider starting him.

Brock Osweiler should be out of the league in 2019. Not starting for any team (including the Dolphins).

Yes and Foles must have been in different systems in his two stints in Philly, no?
Foles in my opinion is the smarter choice among the FA's. There is a lot of love for Bridgewater, but he hasn't played much in the last couple of years and I don't know what that translates to on the field. Foles, if you hare looking for a guy for a few years to help groom a draft pick might be a good solution.

Foles is a good QB and he could start for the Fins for the next 3 years until the new franchise QB can be groomed to start.
The 2020 draft is the next crop of QBs.
The 2019 draft we should draft a top center or DE. My .02

I pray to God the dolphins have a plan at QB if/when Tannehill is gone, that's all I'm asking for.

Back
Top Bottom