Here’s What Tannehill Hopes For, Longterm, As His Dolphins Career Potentially Nears End | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s What Tannehill Hopes For, Longterm, As His Dolphins Career Potentially Nears End

Tanny is likely the one who is gone. Gase is using him as a scapegoat. They both need to go

Tanny is likely the one who is gone. Gase is using him as a scapegoat. They both need to go

Doubt it, Gase is smart enough to know this league is all about hitting on a rookie QB like say Daniel Jones who is playing in 45 minutes, as opposed to paying dead cap money on a QB and overpaying for another in FA or via trade.

Both will be given 1 more year, suck on it Dolfans lol.

Now if we can draft Jones and then trade RT to the Jags, then we're talking business but we need to draft Jones or another QB first.

The position is too important to f*** around with, look at the Eagles who have invested wisely in it and have reaped the benefits to the nth degree (and are still now with Foles, Bradford helped too with that free 1st).

Last edited:
I don't think you can lose enough to get a top pick if you keep Tannehill. Under the worst of conditions we have always been between 6 to 10 wins. I think you need to be a 1-3 wins to get the number one pick.

If we're really in it to get a top pick for a QB in 2020, then you trade anything of value that isn't in your plans post new QB. Get more picks and make cap space.

How much football have you watched? If you are picking in the 1st 3 rounds and are not a moron like T-Dumb, you can find a good player with any selection no matter where you are on the board. Rounds 4-7 is a little more problematic, but good players can be had there also. Are there going to mistakes? Of course. As an example, when we moved up to get Dion Jordan. I wasn't to thrilled with the move, but I thought the player was an excellent choice. I don't think anyone anticipated the problem he became when we actually got him on the team. Picking at 1, 10, 21, or 32 is not the problem. The guys making the picks are mostly the problem.

Draft doesn’t have much just means more teams will play it status quo.

Ryan will find starting work in 2019. Rather quickly I’d imagine once Miami parts ways.

Not really sure what the gain is here but whatever. Addition by subtraction must be it.

Last edited:
Doubt it, Gase is smart enough to know this league is all about hitting on a rookie QB like say Daniel Jones who is playing in 45 minutes, as opposed to paying dead cap money on a QB and overpaying for another in FA or via trade.

Both will be given 1 more year, suck on it Dolfans lol.

Now if we can draft Jones and then trade RT to the Jags, then we're talking business but we need to draft Jones or another QB first.

The position is too important to f*** around with, look at the Eagles who have invested wisely in it and have reaped the benefits to the nth degree (and are still now with Foles, Bradford helped too with that free 1st).

I hope they are able to trade Tanny. But there is no one in the draft worth a pick in 2019.

How much football have you watched? If you are picking in the 1st 3 rounds and are not a moron like T-Dumb, you can find a good player with any selection no matter where you are on the board. Rounds 4-7 is a little more problematic, but good players can be had there also. Are there going to mistakes? Of course. As an example, when we moved up to get Dion Jordan. I wasn't to thrilled with the move, but I thought the player was an excellent choice. I don't think anyone anticipated the problem he became when we actually got him on the team. Picking at 1, 10, 21, or 32 is not the problem. The guys making the picks are mostly the problem.

I started getting into football around 2000 so that's 18 seasons times 16 games times at around 3.5 hours per game plus 5 playoff games...sooo around 1,036 hrs of just Dolphins football. Gotta figure I've seen a few other games here and there, so it maybe closer to 1,300 hours.

While I agree that the people making the decisions account for most of our issues, I still want the highest pick possible in order to minimize our risk not matter who is making the picks.

He's not going anywhere as long as Gase is here which he most likely will be.

What are we gonna do cut him and overpay Foles, Bridgewater or some Case Keenum type? Naw, you keep the best QB your franchise has had in nearly 20 years and wait until a draft pick beats him out.

I'm intrigued by the Duke prospect...
Tannehill is the second best QB. Why do ppl keep forgetting how much of a god send Chad Pennington was for us? Way better than RT17.

Don’t @ me...

Draft doesn’t have much just means more teams will play it status quo.

Ryan will find starting work in 2019. Rather quickly I’d imagine once Miami parts ways.

Not really sure what the gain is here but whatever. Addition by subtraction must be it.

There is no gain here letting RT go, for the Fins anyway. Whatever I have to say has already been said, but I think its a huge mistake letting him go. Don’t @ me...wont get drug into a debate. It is what it is.

Tannehill is the second best QB. Why do ppl keep forgetting how much of a god send Chad Pennington was for us? Way better than RT17.

Don’t @ me...

Yea, for one R & R lead year, he got hurt the next two seasons for us and his passing deficiencies were clearly exposed by Baltimore in the playoff loss.

RT obviously hasn't had much success, and it's funny how people forget and dismiss how well he played in '16 because the schedule wasn't super hard, (as if Penny's was in '08 lol).

RT.

Ireland, just like Tannehill, failed here. Let it go.

B.S, Ireland was a fine GM but got fired because the owner got pissed that he was b******* to Dawn about Queasy who Ross loved and overruled Ireland to be hired in the first place (Ireland wanted McCoy).

That's O.K though, Ireland is THRIVING now as I knew he would, and he will get his shot again at GM, hopefully Miami doesn't make the same mistake with RT but knowing Ross we probably will.

Charles Harris and DVP lol, I'm so shocked we haven't drafted well and N.O has :rolleyes:

I'm out, got a Duke game to watch, intrigued by Jones as we need a back up for Ryan Tannehill who will start next season.

Yea, for one R & R lead year, he got hurt the next two seasons for us and his passing deficiencies were clearly exposed by Baltimore in the playoff loss.

RT obviously hasn't had much success, and it's funny how people forget and dismiss how well he played in '16 because the schedule wasn't super hard, (as if Penny's was in '08 lol).
He had 1 good winning stretch in his career...Against teams like the 49ners, & such. Who cares. He doesn’t even take a snap in the post season because of injury. Much like the last two yrs.

I get it. You were one of the thousands that dont want the replica jersey you bought on draft day to go to waste but....HE GONE, bruh....HE GONE....

How was Tannehills start against Baltimore? Similarly exposed?

He had 1 good winning stretch in his career...Against teams like the 49ners, & such. Who cares. He doesn’t even take a snap in the post season because of injury. Much like the last two yrs.

I get it. You were one of the thousands that dont want the replica jersey you bought on draft day to go to waste but....HE GONE, bruh....HE GONE....

We'll see, it's likely up to Gase who everybody knows LOVES Tannehill...

Back
Top Bottom