Here's why Dolphins running back Myles Gaskin is better than you think | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's why Dolphins running back Myles Gaskin is better than you think

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
Let’s go! Gaskin was actually playing really well up until he got injured. Let’s give this kid the benefit of the doubt.

While I do not think any of the back are total burners, they all seem to have burst. Gaskin hits the hole and in games like Jacksonville he would be on the second level in a flash. Long runs are great and all but not getting touched till 6-7 yards because you hit the hole and gashed right through it is where you wear teams down and win in the 4th quarter.

I like Gaskin. Overall, this is a serviceable group of running backs with Gaskin, Ahmed and Brown. Who knows with Doaks.

I think Miami is at a point in their development where they could look early in the draft for a more talented back, though.

There is nothing wrong with having a great running back.

I know nothing about Doaks and very little about Brown. If Brown can be a serviceable goal line/short yardage back, then he'll have done his job. Not expecting anything spectacular from either of those two, but would like to be pleasantly surprised.

I think Gaskins and Ahmed are both good rotational pieces. With improved offensive line play and Fuller (north-south) and Waddle (east-west) stretching the field, I think there will be holes open for them. I like Gaskins because although he doesn't have any elite physical traits, he seems like a grinder. Ahmed I actually thought had decent burst last year and am curious what he'll look like with something akin to a proper off season.

He’s serviceable. He won’t make any all pro teams but if the line can run block better we will be fine.

Next year when draft time comes and every one wants a runningback. If we are looking at a stud running back and stud center available at our pick, I’m going center every time.

I think part of the problem is we've recently seen:

Ricky Williams
Ronnie Brown
J. Ajaya
L.Miller

Then you get M.Gaskins.....Really?

He seems like a good kid and a hard worker. But, imo, not a feature back. He's at best #2 and more realistically your #3

Back
Top Bottom