Here's why Dolphins running back Myles Gaskin is better than you think | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's why Dolphins running back Myles Gaskin is better than you think

I don't have much confidence in Gaskin to keep us on schedule on 1 and 2 down.

He made significant progress last year and consistently produced at Washington so maybe he can be the guy for us.

LOL....what is with people bringing up Ajayi all the time. Dude had like 6 or 7 good games in 3 seasons with us. Jettison because he's a d bag, rotational guy behind a great oline that wins a super bowl, starts acting like a d bag again the next year in Philly when not again a lead back....blows out knee again.....never plays again and long out of the league.

Unless someone wants to bring up the great, small run of games he had with the 200s, this guy was a dumpster fire aside from a short stint where someone found a fire extinguisher.

Sure he's not Derrick Henry or Alvin Kamara but theyre in a class of their own.

You have an explosive passing attack, the run game becomes more successful. Teams won't be able to stack the box against Miami with the speed they added. Therefore more room for Gaskins to run

Hopefully and i assume that's the plan. I think it's pretty obvious if there isn't a marked improvement in the running game then that room will be replaced the season afterwards.

LOL....what is with people bringing up Ajayi all the time. Dude had like 6 or 7 good games in 3 seasons with us. Jettison because he's a d bag, rotational guy behind a great oline that wins a super bowl, starts acting like a d bag again the next year in Philly when not again a lead back....blows out knee again.....never plays again and long out of the league.

Unless someone wants to bring up the great, small run of games he had with the 200s, this guy was a dumpster fire aside from a short stint where someone found a fire extinguisher.

Gaskin has 1 run that comes close to this and that was against the Raiders.

Last edited:
Still need a guy that can get you 3 yards when you need 2.

Maybe Brown can do it for us, but Gaskin ain't that kind of back.
How many backs can give you 3 sure yards?

Harris can give you 3 sure yards when defense stack the box? Etienne can give you 3 sure yards when defense stack the box?

Enough already. Gaskin is fine in Flo's pass first offense.

How many backs can give you 3 sure yards?

Harris can give you 3 sure yards when defense stack the box? Etienne can give you 3 sure yards when defense stack the box?

Enough already. Gaskin is fine in Flo's pass first offense.
Gaskin can't run between the tackles.

Gaskin has 1 run that comes close to this and that was against the Raiders.

Cool story, he still sucked overall.....otherwise he would have lasted more than 3 years with us and 1.5 with the Eagles before being out of the league.

Let’s go! Gaskin was actually playing really well up until he got injured. Let’s give this kid the benefit of the doubt.

Drake sucked? Well he almost rushed 1,000 yards with the Cardinals last season. And rushed more in 8 games than he did in like a full season with us lol. Gaskin sucks? Watch him go to another team so you can see the same effect. What this team lacks if an offensive line that can block the run. The only person consistently blocking for us on the run and opening gaps is Robert Hunt. Had we not had better options at Right tackle he could have helped us even more in inside runs. After all, Gaskins led the team in scrimmage yards so why are we making it seem like he didn't do anything for us when the rest of the team lacked play making ability. When our passing game is consistent then we can start worrying about every other player and how they are doing. I am getting sick and tired of having to read people in this forum say stuff like we need a better rb, or need a rb in the first round etc when we don't have the personel to accommodate that type of play. We do need RB's that can make first down, and get us yardage when we need it.

I'm not a hater. I like the kid, but he is the very definition of a scatback
Fair enough but there were countless times guy ran through contact or pushed a pile.

I honestly think if he can stay healthy he can turn into a quality, we'll known nfl player.

Fair enough but there were countless times guy ran through contact or pushed a pile.
I think countless is a stretch, but he had flashes.

Part of the problem last year is that Chan Gailey tried to use him as a power back, when he should have been running offtackle more.

Back
Top Bottom