Here's why Dolphins running back Myles Gaskin is better than you think | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's why Dolphins running back Myles Gaskin is better than you think

I'll take his vision over speed any day. 5'9"/200 isn't scat back imo. He's like a Jamal Charles, Priest Holmes type.

He could carve out a great season and/or career with improved run blocking and a credible passing game.

Cool story, he still sucked overall.....otherwise he would have lasted more than 3 years with us and 1.5 with the Eagles before being out of the league.

Is this an Eagles forum?
Moreover for his limited time here he already produce more explosive plays than Gaskin can only dream of.

Last edited:
Just seen Kerryon Johnson was just released. Wonder if he would be an upgrade to what we have. Never really got a fair shot in Det due to injuries then them drafting Swift

Just seen Kerryon Johnson was just released. Wonder if he would be an upgrade to what we have. Never really got a fair shot in Det due to injuries then them drafting Swift
Just saw that. I like gaskin. But I wouldn’t have a problem bringing in Johnson. I am sure a thread will pop up about him soon.

Gaskin is fine.

we need a real bruiser who can square games away! Someone who can knock your front teeth out!

Gaskin would be an excellent 3rd back on the team. He’d be a solid #2 and would be a top 15 #2 back because he can catch, he can block, and he works hard.

Unfortunately, he has very little burst or top end speed. You’d see him hit a hole and it would close up before he got through - poor blocking but also a lack of burst hurt him. It was a NIGHT AND DAY difference in terms of burst and speed with him and Ahmed. I like Gaskins as the more complete player, but Ahmed looked like the better runner.

Gaskins outperformed expectations but the reason we were a bottom 3 running team in almost all categories of measure is because Gaskins is simply not a QUALITY feature back. He’s a great change of pace or 3rd down back - if he’s getting 3-5 rushes, 1-3 catches, and doing pass protection, he’s an EXCELLENT role player and the type of guy you want on a super bowl team. But asking him to be a feature back he’s simply not the guy.

We should be better this season running to improved blocking and passing but I would be shocked if we do better than 20-22 in rush ranking and expecting more like 24-25 truth be told.

He doesn't have the speed or burst you'd want from a number #1 running back. That's the unfortunate reality.
But I could also say the reality Is, is that his skillset prouced a top ten total yards back..with a rookie Qb, limited weapons, and a non cohesive oline.

I like Myles. I'm from WA state so I watched him all the time at UW, along with Salvon. I don't think he can do it every down and all by himself. He just isn't big enough, though he gives it his all -- he will eventually get hurt.

I agree with the poster that said he is like James White. Myles might be a shiftier runner. I'm not saying they're the same player, but they could play the same role.

Malcom Brown has good situational stats. Seems like Flores and crew rely heavily on situational football. If he can get us first downs or TD's in short yardage, that would be awesome.

That said, I wanted Najee, but not in the first. So I was hoping we would Williams, but that's how it goes.

I suppose my biggest concern remains center. Hopefully someone pans out.

I’m on record becoming a Myles Gaskin fan during his UW days. While small, I liked his ability as a runner and pass catcher. Loved that MIA selected him in the 7th round. Defended him against naysayers when he was drafted.

That said, I still wanted MIA to draft another back. A big and/or physical back.

But that doesn’t mean I still don’t like Myles Gaskin. I absolutely do.

What this discussion really is about is the pick in the 3rd round. RB or S? What was really a bigger need for this team? We took the right player.

What this discussion really is about is the pick in the 3rd round. RB or S? What was really a bigger need for this team? We took the right player.

No, the 2nd round. And it's debatable whether they took the right player or not. As evidenced by the various threads and the fact we haven't seen a thing play out yet.

Interesting we seem to downplay receiving but when Urban draft Etienne in Jax he spoke of Etienne's receiving ability.

He is fine as a backup. That's what he would be on at least 25 or more teams in the league. TBs backup is Fournette who is certainly better. All 5 rookies drafted last year are much better.
To think he is good is simply incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom