Here's why Dolphins running back Myles Gaskin is better than you think | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's why Dolphins running back Myles Gaskin is better than you think

I think part of the problem is we've recently seen:

Ricky Williams
Ronnie Brown
J. Ajaya
L.Miller

Then you get M.Gaskins.....Really?

He seems like a good kid and a hard worker. But, imo, not a feature back. He's at best #2 and more realistically your

Player A in college

945 carries 5323 yards (5.6 avg) 57 TD
65 receptions 465 yards 5 TD

Player B in college

678 carries 3796 yards (5.6 avg) 50 TD
73 receptions 771 yards 5 TD

Player C in college

513 carries 2707 yards (5.3 avg) 28 TD
58 catches 668 yards 2 TD

A. Gaskin, B. Ajayi, C. Ronnie Brown

Gaskins will wk but dolphins need star back..just because n.e did it got lucky.Dont think it going wk w dolphins..

I am hoping Doaks shows to be a cut above the rest. If not, this season will be uninspiring yet again from a running game perspective.

We know that defense is going to be on point. We definitely got better on defense. We also got better on offense. But the RB position seems stagnant.

Last edited:
Not a knock on Gaskin but I keep reading words like "serviceable" and "rotational" and "grinder". I want better at RB. Didn't happen this draft so we have to go with what we have. One positive might be that O Line. They should be better.

Really hoping some team will cut a good running back June 1st and we can pick him up. Crazy stuffs happens in the NFl and this is the year it might be even crazier.

Player A in college

945 carries 5323 yards (5.6 avg) 57 TD
65 receptions 465 yards 5 TD

Player B in college

678 carries 3796 yards (5.6 avg) 50 TD
73 receptions 771 yards 5 TD

Player C in college

513 carries 2707 yards (5.3 avg) 28 TD
58 catches 668 yards 2 TD

A. Gaskin, B. Ajayi, C. Ronnie Brown

College? Reallly? That's what you're going to throw at me.

Notice you didn't touch R.Williams.

The passing game being more explosive and better OL play impacts the running game more than just getting a new RB.

Agreed! There's only so much an OL can do. It some point you need a back that can make things happen. I'm sorry but that doesn't scream Gaskins to me. At least not consistently!

Agreed! There's only so much an OL can do. It some point you need a back that can make things happen. I'm sorry but that doesn't scream Gaskins to me. At least not consistently!

Dude averaged 97 yards from scrimmage last year per game.

He was on his way to a 1600 total yard year, thats all you need a running back to do in 2021 to be a successful offense. Mix in Ahmed, and Brown and Miami could have 2000 total yards from their running backs.

Dude averaged 97 yards from scrimmage last year per game.

He was on his way to a 1600 total yard year, thats all you need a running back to do in 2021 to be a successful offense. Mix in Ahmed, and Brown and Miami could have 2000 total yards from their running backs.

Meh!

You can meh all you want. I dont care about what name is on a jersey, dude was successful last year. He made plays and was playing good football all year.

And i'm telling you he's leaving meat on the bone and we can do better.

So Meh! Meh! 2x

And i'm telling you he's leaving meat on the bone and we can do better.

So Meh! Meh! 2x

Sure he's not Derrick Henry or Alvin Kamara but theyre in a class of their own.

You have an explosive passing attack, the run game becomes more successful. Teams won't be able to stack the box against Miami with the speed they added. Therefore more room for Gaskins to run

Back
Top Bottom