He's No Field General Mr. President | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

He's No Field General Mr. President

brandon marshall wasnt enough for you? I suppose only a team with Brandon Marshall, opposite Reggie Wayne, Drew Brees, with Peyton Mannig as back up, Andrian Peterson, chris johnson, and Jason witten might make you happy

ah, I see what you did there. I thought I made it clear what would make me happy. An athletic mismatch at TE which 75% of the lg now has. With Ricky and Ronnie possibly both gone next year, a bit more explosion from that position would be nice. And here I thought I had a tendency to exaggerate to make a point.

What's up with everybody's love with pass threat TE. Get my D up to standards, Our Passing game will be the best part of our team next year.

i dont know. guys like Finley in GB, Gresham that Cincy just drafted are matchup nightmares. Not to mention they can be a qb's best friend when protection breaks down. Considering we have a young qb, makes sense to me.

how many 300 yard games does penny have in his 10 plus year career anyways??? i'd bet its 5 or less off the top of my head

Pennington has seven career games with 300 or more yards, two of which were with the Dolphins (including his top passing day, his 341 yard, 3 TD, 1 INT day two years ago against the Patriots at home, a loss -- a game I attended in person).

i dont know. guys like Finley in GB, Gresham that Cincy just drafted are matchup nightmares. Not to mention they can be a qb's best friend when protection breaks down. Considering we have a young qb, makes sense to me.

gresham is good but he's not in finleys category when it comes to matchup nightmares...

Yeah, it makes sense to have that but we don't need 1 superstar, when we can have 2 good guys, but I sure as hell won't be crying if we get Vernon Davis, but get the D done with then get a TE.

ah, I see what you did there. I thought I made it clear what would make me happy. An athletic mismatch at TE which 75% of the lg now has. With Ricky and Ronnie possibly both gone next year, a bit more explosion from that position would be nice. And here I thought I had a tendency to exaggerate to make a point.

well, you said you wanted more explosive players, as if the FO wasnt trying to get them.. I think we got two of the leagues most explosives players on offense and defense

they have chosen to shop in the bargain basement at TE for a while now. i understand this team was being rebuilt from the ground up, thats why I said if I dont see an effort made next year to upgrade at Te ill be disappointed.

gresham is good but he's not in finleys category when it comes to matchup nightmares...

I know. First two off the top of my head. When you actually sit down and look at teams, ones that dont have this new breed of athletic TE are actually in the minority now. To me, what better way to help a young qb than to get him a mismatch at TE. Look at Atlanta, they immediately went and grabbed Tony G to help out Ryan.

Can anyone think of another 2nd year QB that was able to truly be a "field general"? It just doesn't happen. It's been over a quarter of a century from what I can remember.

Phillip Rivers. Gus Frerotte. Matt Ryan. Henne will be there soon.

I know. First two off the top of my head. When you actually sit down and look at teams, ones that dont have this new breed of athletic TE are actually in the minority now. To me, what better way to help a young qb than to get him a mismatch at TE. Look at Atlanta, they immediately went and grabbed Tony G to help out Ryan.

you'll get no argument from me...i want kyle rudolph next year with our first rounder...he's that kind of te and he can block

he needs to be more acertive and try to create something out a bad situation

So you're saying instead of a sack he should heave it in the general direction of our receivers? Seriously?

Thigpen does this, and it is (one of the reasons) why he's not a starting quarterback in this league. Sparano preaches taking care of the football, so you're saying he should also forget what his coach says and "be assertive"? That's a good way to lose his job.

It's probably difficult as a fan base being patient with a QB developing after Marino's monster 2nd year. I was talking to my gf the other day about how I didn't think Sanchez would be good enough in his 2nd season to carry the team (when contemplating the D w/out Revis), mostly because it's only his second season. The only 2nd year QB I could think of that was able to carry his team was 26 years ago.

Can anyone think of another 2nd year QB that was able to truly be a "field general"? It just doesn't happen. It's been over a quarter of a century from what I can remember.

Everytime I think of Manning I think about how it took 7 years for the "true" lightbulb to go on. Right on his contract year. Second half of Tampa Monday Night game when they were down by gazillion points and suddenly, peyton figures out how to make it happen on the fly.

Montana took full 3 years to finally make it happen and he had a full deck of cards on offense and defense to make him look good.

I would rather read the ingredients to Stove Top Stuffing than this post. Pennington has had 2 years in his career where his TDs were significantly better than his Ints and has only thrown for 20 or more TDs once in his entire career with a mind blowing 22 in the 2002-2003 season.

Back
Top Bottom