Hey everyone | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iceband said:
Yeah 2 years, 85% loss thats INSANE! I feel bad man...he may be talking about his platoon or squad maybe?

How many are in a unit??

And you know what I love about this site, and our beloved Miami Dolphins - so many wonderful servicemen are fans and posters!

Huge Kudos to all you guys!!!! You guys are great.

Finsflurry said:
Wow has this site grown since the last time I was here...:D Alot of you probably don't remember me since my last post was nearly 2 years ago and I haven't been able to visit the site in a long time....I've been in Iraq since September 2004 and I've been through hell with my unit as we lost 85% of the people we went over with and I get to come back home minus my right arm and lower part of my left leg...But hey that's the price we pay for "democracy" and winning the hearts and minds of Iraqis (who hate us more now than ever before btw in case your still buying Bush's crap)...Sorry if I'm a little bitter about the whole thing but I feel I gave up my life for nothing (and yes, I do mean my life because the amount of depleted uranium my body absorbed is enough to kill 5 grown men)...but I guess that's life.

Anyways, sorry for the rant, I just wanted to say it's great to be back in the States on the greatest phins site in the known universe....so much has happened since I've been gone with Saban, Culpepper, it's a great time to be a Dolphins fan. There's a lot to look forward to and I hope I live long enough to see us hoist up a super bowl trophy, and with Mr. Saban at the helm I think that's a definite possibility within the next three years...Looking forward to discussing and arguing football with all you newbies and of course the veteran squad lol....It's great to be back and oh yeah....

DOLPHINS RULE :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

man you left me speechless

First and foremost, I would like to thank everyone for the kind words...it really means alot these days.

But one thing that sure hasn't changed is people on this site who just can't take someone at their word and have to question the things they say, especially where it concerns me.

greatwade said:
I found myself wondering the same thing.

If this isn't geniune, I shudder.

Sorry in advance for this mods, but seriously go f#ck yourself with that comment you *******.

When I said unit I meant the people who I trained with and who I went to war with, the men I considered my brothers and my best friends...the men who trained with me in Kentucky...we were a group of 18 in Company F, 2nd Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, 1st Marine Expeditionary Force. God bless them and may their souls rest in peace.

that's the thing about the 85%, greatwade. In a marine corps unit you're talking about 6 companies of an average of 150 to 200 men. So that would be 85% of almost 1000 men. And that's the marines, that generally have far fewer people than the army. So now that I say those numbers, I'm completely convinced that in the 21st century, the american government would not allow that to happen. The moment that there is a mass amount of casualties to a specific unit, the unit is swapped out, and obviously certain tactics would be changed to stop the losses of man power.

2/7 is out of camp pendleton, devil dog. What kind of crap you trying to pull??

greatwade said:
How many are in a unit??

And you know what I love about this site, and our beloved Miami Dolphins - so many wonderful servicemen are fans and posters!

Huge Kudos to all you guys!!!! You guys are great.

Well i'm in he ARMY and you can consider an ARMY unit a couple of different things. For instance....

I'm in the 10th MTN Division, i can't say how many soldiers we have., but its 2nd on the considered a "unit" ladder like this

CORPS
DIVISION
BRIGADE
BATTALION
COMPANY/BATTERY/TROOP
PLATOON
SQUAD So any of these can be considered "unit" 85% thats alot, I'm not allowed to give specific numbers of each one, but i hope you get the picture.
:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Section126 said:
Why do you have depleted Uranium in your body?

The dust from the most of the bullets and missiles that the US uses goes into the air and you end up breathing of it in...not to mention it's a layer of protection that they put on most of the tanks and humvees in the army as well....you should read up on the first Gulf war and Gulf War syndrome if you want to know more.

Iceband said:
Yeah thats impossible, only about 1,500? have died during Iraqi war.....:shakeno:

2327 have died so far.

That is less than 1% of those who have served.

I would know, cause I was in 2 Battalion, 1st Marines. Or better known to some as the old 1/9 unit, called the "walking dead", due to the marines wearing peices of their enemies bodies as jewelry during vietnam. And by the way, 7th marines is I beleive an artillery battallion, and there is no way that they would see enough action from their effectiveness distance to lose 85%. I call your bulls**t

I'll tell you what.....whichever one of you is wrong or lying....you'll be given some time off from this site......

18 people is not even enough to cover a platoon, and barely enough for a squad, dude. You need to really read up on your facts and history if you're going to try to pull a horrible lie like this.

"They are out of Camp Pendleton http://www.i-mef.usmc.mil/" of course they are, they were a hop, skip, and a jump away from where I used to train. I actually did some joint training with 7th marines. they are an artillery unit. And we were the "grunts" or infantry like everyone knows them by. So it was common to link up with other battallions. Pendleton is in Cali, for those that don't know, by the way.

You better be right Pinrod.....that's all I have to say.....if you even think there's a chance that you're wrong....you'd better drop it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom