Hey guys, Redskins fan here. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey guys, Redskins fan here.

Chrisbob

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
After hearing the news of the trade by the 'Skins for Brunnel (although nothing is 100% yet) I thought I would pop here to see what you guys were thinking as I knew you were one of the teams who may have been looking at Brunnel.

Some quick thoughts for you:

First off, shocked and surprised, a lot of 'Skins fan are p!ssed because of what it means for Ramsey (probably the bench) but myself I like this move, regardess of why Gibbs has done it (for him to be the starter or back-up or to compete) I would rather have two good QB's than one or none.

This is how Gibbs has worked in the past, Ramsey has never really run a "pro" offense before (that was mickey mouse college offense last year) and Gibbs will probably have seen some flaws in his game on film that he doesn't like. In the past Gibbs has had a veteran with a guy developing behind him.

What does this mean for Ramsey? First off, he should not take this personnelly, Gibbs is the coach and he has to decide what is best, Patrick has another 3 years on his contract and is the long term future for the franchise.. No way he is traded, he is on a reasonable contract and as I said previously, you need two good QB's if you can afford them.

Is a 2nd rounder to much to pay? Depends! Who is to say a 2nd rd pick is a sure thing? Gibbs has a history of preferring veteran players to draft picks. If Brunnel is the starter, a 2nd round pick is cheap at half the price and with doing this deal by trade they have stopped Brunnel hitting the open market (he would have been cut) and getting involved in a bidding war, hence, bumping his price up.

I did think before all this transpired that your team would lead the hunt for Brunnel, I know Jay Fielder is a hot topic amongst you (is that an understatement?:D ) but now I feel you would be best served sticking with him next season and either drafting Rivers or better still, get hold of henson and let him sit and learn for a year. Just my opinion though...don't kill me:lol:

Sorry but Ramsey ain't gonna take it. He will want a trade.

I don't think he will, plus, what he wants doesn't mean that's what he will get! (if he did want a trade!)

If you are a two year young starter who has played well I don't care who is your coach you are smoking crack if the guy is going to take this standing down, no offense.

Brunell is not going to Washington. He wants to be a starter for a warm weather team and he doesn't want to leave Florida. All those reports meant nuttin. Brunell makes the decision because its in his contract to cancel any trade he doesn't like. Plus, he wants to go to a team that has a chance for super bowl in the next 2 years. Washington is at least 3 to 4 years away from any super bowl.

Originally posted by finzfan4life
Washington is at least 3 to 4 years away from any super bowl.

Seeing as Carolina went from 1-15 to the Super Bowl in 2 years I think it is safe to assume anything is possible.

Originally posted by finzfan4life
All those reports meant nuttin. Brunell makes the decision because its in his contract to cancel any trade he doesn't like.

I specifically asked about this in another thread. Do you know this for sure to be a fact?? Don't be shy. :)

Originally posted by Chrisbob

Seeing as Carolina went from 1-15 to the Super Bowl in 2 years I think it is safe to assume anything is possible.
did they have FA's when gibbs coached?

this kinda stuff is usally bargaining fodder. I guess we will see.

Originally posted by dolfan06

Yes, they called it Plan B.

It seems my presense here is p!ssing a few off, it is not my intention, I came here because I knew you were one of the teams that wanted Brunnel (alledgely) so I wanted to ee what you were all thinking whilst offering an opinion myself.

Originally posted by dolfan06

Great coaches are great coaches regardless of who's playing for them.

We'll see how great Gibbs is. I think he's awesome. But I'm curious to see how quickly he gets acclimated.

its ok Chris mostly we are just tired of Jay and didnt think any trades could be done before march second so a few off us might be pissed. Dont take a little venting personal.

Yes Muck. I read in an article from espn. He has a thing in his contract he can void any trade if he doesnt like it.

Back
Top Bottom