Hey guys, Redskins fan here. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey guys, Redskins fan here.

Cheers, i won't, just thought it was going off topic a bit. I am not sure about trade deadlines and all and I am not sure this is 100% true but WTEM has been reporting it all day as has ESPN.

Originally posted by finzfan4life
Yes Muck. I read in an article from espn. He has a thing in his contract he can void any trade if he doesnt like it.

I still can't find it in the Pasquarelli article. Do you have a link. It would be GREATLY appreciated. :)

But I'm looking for where it states that Brunell can flat out refuse a trade. Are you guys referring to him not waiving his roster bonus (cuz that'd pretty much have the same effect). Just want to be clear. :)

Brunell is not going to Washington. He wants to be a starter for a warm weather team and he doesn't want to leave Florida. All those reports meant nuttin. Brunell makes the decision because its in his contract to cancel any trade he doesn't like. Plus, he wants to go to a team that has a chance for super bowl in the next 2 years. Washington is at least 3 to 4 years away from any super bowl.

damn dude, do you know him personally? it sounds like you had dinner with him last night and talked this whole trade business over.

i for one think this is a good move for the redskins. to be honest mainly because i didnt want to see brunell in miami. but he will bring veteran leadership that has been lacking in the skins offense with the qb shuffle of 02 and ramsey being a young and all. he will help ramsey develop into a great qb (just like brunell was 5 years ago). as far as brunell still being a great qb i highly question just because of his recent seasons. stats are one thing. wins and injuries are another.

i can fully understand why skins fans would be upset. they have a qb in now that has great potential. hell you had hasselback that made a mockery out of our secondary. but gibbs knows how to win and i would put my faith behind him. i think he is doing this to help ramsey develop and i hope ramsey understands that and believes in gibbs. sometimes players have to much pride (ie, brunell and emitt)

Brunell is not going to Washington. He wants to be a starter for a warm weather team and he doesn't want to leave Florida. All those reports meant nuttin. Brunell makes the decision because its in his contract to cancel any trade he doesn't like. Plus, he wants to go to a team that has a chance for super bowl in the next 2 years. Washington is at least 3 to 4 years away from any super bowl.

It's almost a done deal. Read all the reports.

The Dolphins blew this big time. Brunell could have given you guys 3 solid years and enough time to groom his replacement.

Your FO has to be one of the worst in the entire NFL.

"Let's go Jay, Let's go Jay"

I don't see how the front office blew this. I wouldn't have offerred a 2nd rounder for him. And since Miami doesn't even have one, I certainly wouldn't have offerred a 1st (this year's or next).

I usually bash our FO myself but paying his FULL salary and giving up a number 2 ??? I dont think so.

naw, we didnt blow it. it was a popularity move by wayne. we need to work on getting a good qb coach (somewhere marino would've been good) to groom some young kid and use this off season to build an offsensive line that will be intact 3-4 years down the road.

and give the FO a break. i wasnt a fan of their chase for brunell in the first place. but they are 17 mill over the cap and are in jepordy of losing many star players on defense. they wouldnt have been able to afford brunell anyways.

BTW, Pats Fan...............Our FO is the same one that traded for Ricky, found Ogun, found Chambers, and McMichael.........

Where do you get some of this crap?

Because he knows ****. He is obviously a frigin idiot. Don't even pay any attention to him section.

I am reading alot of opinions from Redskins fans tonight, and most are mixed. First off I'd say to any Skin fan who thinks this is a good thing, your friggin nuts. Ramsey might not be able to get a trade, but in now way will the guy even show up to camp if he's not assured the starting job.

Secondly, and MOST IMPORTANT, BRUNELL ISN'T BETTER THEN RAMSEY PERIOD.

Originally posted by musk
we need to work on getting a good qb coach (somewhere marino would've been good) to groom some young kid ....

Marc Trestman was hired to be our QB coach last week. He was Oakland's offensive coordinator last season. Also, Marino stated that he wouldn't be coaching up the QBs.

Back
Top Bottom