Hey guys, Redskins fan here. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey guys, Redskins fan here.

Originally posted by PatsFanTX
The Dolphins blew this big time. Brunell could have given you guys 3 solid years and enough time to groom his replacement.

Your FO has to be one of the worst in the entire NFL.

"Let's go Jay, Let's go Jay"

This statement is as laughable as it is inaccurate.

First of all, no trade can be consumated until March 4th. And Brunell hasn't even met with Gibbs yet. The deal ain't done.

Secondly, Washington is paying a steep price for a guy who will/would have been released before the trade "embargo" is lifted.

Thirdly, we have no second round pick (the rumored price)

Fourthly (I'm making that a word), our "horrible" front office has been only been in existence for about a month. But I'm impressed with your ability to evaluate in such a short period of time (where virtually no player movement occurs).

Maybe you should actually know what you're firing at before you shoot from the hip.

Originally posted by Chrisbob
I don't think he will, plus, what he wants doesn't mean that's what he will get! (if he did want a trade!)

yeah but if joe gibbs runs his famous elephant offense (two TE's and a power running game with a deep passing attack at the right time) then ramsey might not fit gibbs style. if that is so, then gibbs will deal ramsey before the draft. I would consider gettting ramsey becuase of youth and i think he would fit right into our offense, although im not sure what our offense will look like.

It's almost a done deal. Read all the reports.

The Dolphins blew this big time. Brunell could have given you guys 3 solid years and enough time to groom his replacement.

kick when their up, kick when their down. go ahead and believe the media hype. our front office is nothing like arizona's or cincy or anyone else for that matter. i think buffalo front office lost their mind on mcgahee. and we didnt lose anything other than a figurehead. :lol: now spielman just goes out and finds the next Ogun.:cool:

It's almost a done deal. Read all the reports.

clear.gif

How can this be "almost a done deal" when trading in the NFL doesn't begin until the first or second week in March ??

:goof:

Marino1983

sometimes...i feel like busting those Patsies fans right on the lips!!!

no violence though...its not the answer!!!

just another obnoxious Pats Fan...with no class!!! What do you expect from a Pats fan...nothing much!!!

Brunell really has the final word on the trade because he has to agree to restructure his contract and He really want to stay in Florida.

Originally posted by minus
Brunell really has the final word on the trade because he has to agree to restructure his contract and He really want to stay in Florida.

Exactly. That's the only control over the trade Brunell has as "No Trade Clauses" simply do not exist in the NFL in an era where there is not such thing as a guaranteed contract. Brunell can essentially control where he goes based upon the nature of his contract. If he decides that he doesn't want to go to a particular team he simply has to refuse to restructure his deal and that would make it very difficult for any team to acquire him given that his present salary is so high.

Now, if a particular team wants him bad enough they could very well risk taking the cap hit for his present contract, acquire him against his will, and try to smooth things over and restructure the contract once he's in house. This is unlikely to happen however as most teams don't want a veteran player who flat out does not want to be a part of their team.

Finally, the only way this deal would be palatable for me would be if the 'Fins wound up giving no more than a fourth round pick. We're talking about a 33 year old QB here who's only going to give you a maximum of 3 years (and I doubt we get that much out of his somewhat broken down body) and a guy who's going to cost the team that acquires him a good deal of money. Even though he'll likely restructure, he's still going to be very expensive as a trade would provide his agent with a lot of leverage against the acquiring team.

Personally I don't like the idea of trading for this guy and I hope that the Foreskins make the Jags the best offer they're going to get so Brunell isn't on the 'Fins roster next year at a price that would be out of line for his ability level.

where's the mod ?? I like it here because they don't allow idiots like this Pansies bandwagon hopper post at all !!!

Come on Mod !!

Get rid of this guy !!

Originally posted by finjim
where's the mod ?? I like it here because they don't allow idiots like this Pansies bandwagon hopper post at all !!!

Come on Mod !!

Get rid of this guy !!

WTH are you talking about?

Back
Top Bottom