Hey Jet Fans... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey Jet Fans...

It is a pretty odd conversation to have on a Dolphins website. Good for NYJUNC for standing up for our quarterback.

First of all:

Jets won. Period. I accept that. We did not deserve to win because we didnt play well enough to win. We showed exactly what we are...a young team, with brand ew systems, and a lot of promise. The Jets beat us.

With that said...the Jets need to be plenty concerned about their pass blocking and secondary. We were all over Favre the entire day. That old dude can not take that punishment all year. Also, we were able to have huge success with Tight Ends all day. This is copy cat league and yoru safety play will need to get a lot better contend this year. In the end both teams are a little better. I can't say Favre made the difference. I give him the one TD bomb. It was beautiful. The other TD even Jet fans know was nothing but luck.

Congratulations. I look forward to the rematch. We will be better in December too you know. I think we upset you at home.

Have a great season and please I hope we both beat the Pats both games. That is something we can all agree on!

Please post examples of all these "typical" Chad INTs w/ the game on the line?

Ok... Chad didn't really stink up till last year. He had one excellent season followed by streaks of mediocre seasons (and somewhat good ones in between), then the stinker.

He did show some nice games, but by last year, it became very clear; Chad can't throw to the sidelines, where his WRs are. He would make this WRs cross the midfield, then get them killed (nearly) while catching his hospital balls. Other than that, his checkdown preferences were TEs in the middle, then the RBs in the flat. Out of possible 9 locations to place the ball, Pennington is throwing to 4 locations only by now. (Deep Left/Middle/Right are but all gone, Medium Left/Right gone - which leaves him with Medium middle, where TEs and crossing WRs are, and Short Left/Right/Middle) This is rather serious handicap in passing game - you can't use more than half the field that's available to you, not by the design of the defense, but more by the physical limitation of your QB. That means the opposing D has that less of a ground to cover against Pennington. That's where stacking the box comes from.

Unless he starts consistently darting at the Medium Left/Right range, opposing teams will have no reason to give up stacking the box on him. When he tried that last year, he got picked off in 2 different occasions at least. (Against the Giants and Bengals)

That's not what this discussion is about, I asked him to provide details about the games where Chad threw late INTs that cost us.

Last year Chad wasn't good but he was playing w/ 2 torn ligaments in his ankle and had no OL which led to no running game and no time to pass the ball. When healthy Chad is still a good QBa nd that was proven on Sunday.

That's not what this discussion is about, I asked him to provide details about the games where Chad threw late INTs that cost us.

Last year Chad wasn't good but he was playing w/ 2 torn ligaments in his ankle and had no OL which led to no running game and no time to pass the ball. When healthy Chad is still a good QBa nd that was proven on Sunday.

True, they had no OL to speak of - but OL or no OL, the outcome wouldn't have been that much different, if last week's game is any indicator.

On top of that, blaming Chad for game -costing TDs is but immature; Pennington doesn't play D, and the opposing Os were gashing up the middle all day, scoring virtually at will, putting Pennington in a situation where he must force the ball, which is not his forte. If throwing the pick-6's in a losing effort is Pennington's fault, then Favre has every reason to be the culprit of the dismal 2005 campaign for the Packers as well.

I don't expect a SB but the Giants weren't supposed to even be a playoff team a year ago so you never know. It has to happen sometime, right?:unsure:

The Giants are the only team in NY. Jets are second class in there own town. Hence the reason they play at "Giants Stadium". Hey but they have a new practice facility though!

As much as ESPN promotes the Jets they are not a playoff team. A wound duck TD from Brett won that game. The other TD drive was a terrible pass interferance call. So they had on legitmate TD to Cotchery and 2 BS TDs. Enjoy Brett for one year second class NY fans......The only teams that should have invested in Brett are teams that are 1 QB away from a Superbowl. Not a 4-12 team trying to rebuild through free agency. Your team is old as dirt. Win now because your future is mortgaged!

The Giants are the only team in NY. Jets are second class in there own town. Hence the reason they play at "Giants Stadium". Hey but they have a new practice facility though!

As much as ESPN promotes the Jets they are not a playoff team. A wound duck TD from Brett won that game. The other TD drive was a terrible pass interferance call. So they had on legitmate TD to Cotchery and 2 BS TDs. Enjoy Brett for one year second class NY fans......The only teams that should have invested in Brett are teams that are 1 QB away from a Superbowl. Not a 4-12 team trying to rebuild through free agency. Your team is old as dirt. Win now because your future is mortgaged!

Try harder. I've seen better stuff from the Pats fans.

An AFC dynasty I can give you w/ 3 starigt SB apps just like the Bills were an AFC dynasty in the 90s but they were NOT an NFL dynasty w/ only back to back SB wins.

The win % argument is meaningless, it would mean something if you guys were close as far as most Championships but you aren't. if you had 5 SBs like Dal, SF & Pitt then the win % argument could help push you ahead of them but you are very far behind the teams w/ the most Championships so it doesn't come in to play. Any team would rather have a lesser win % and win more SBs than have a better win % and not win SBs.
Meaningless to you because your team is not even in the top 20 or maybe even 25 % wise. Guys who cheer for losing teams alway say that. For a long time if the Fins weren't playing in a Super Bowl or winning the AFC east they gave their fans some hope. Thats all we are talking about anyway cause no one knows who will win the SB. The Jets haven't had that since Parcell was there and who knows before then. Yea, the Jets- suck team has the Fins number now but it will change. We use to dominate the Jets. It will happen again.

Meaningless to you because your team is not even in the top 20 or maybe even 25 % wise. Guys who cheer for losing teams alway say that. For a long time if the Fins weren't playing in a Super Bowl or winning the AFC east they gave their fans some hope. Thats all we are talking about anyway cause no one knows who will win the SB. The Jets haven't had that since Parcell was there and who knows before then. Yea, the Jets- suck team has the Fins number now but it will change. We use to dominate the Jets. It will happen again.

You wat to talk about hope? The last time you made an AFC title Game was 1992(as usual it ended w/ a humiliating playoff loss), our last time was 1998. The last time you were even clsoe to the AFC Title Game was 1994, the last time we were close was 2004. The last time you won the division was 2000, our last div title was 2002. The last time you made the playoffs was 2001, our last playoff app was 2006. The last time you were in contention in week 17 was 2002, again we made it in 2006. keep going gaga over meaningless win %s, the facts are you have just 1 more SB title than we have and you are nowhere near the elite franchises in the game. I have said it before and I'll say it again(actulaly I'll type it): You guys act like you are the NY yankees of the NFL when in reality you are like the NY Mets of the NFL except the Mets most recent Championship happened 13 years after your latest Championship.

You wat to talk about hope? The last time you made an AFC title Game was 1992(as usual it ended w/ a humiliating playoff loss), our last time was 1998. The last time you were even clsoe to the AFC Title Game was 1994, the last time we were close was 2004. The last time you won the division was 2000, our last div title was 2002. The last time you made the playoffs was 2001, our last playoff app was 2006. The last time you were in contention in week 17 was 2002, again we made it in 2006. keep going gaga over meaningless win %s, the facts are you have just 1 more SB title than we have and you are nowhere near the elite franchises in the game. I have said it before and I'll say it again(actulaly I'll type it): You guys act like you are the NY yankees of the NFL when in reality you are like the NY Mets of the NFL except the Mets most recent Championship happened 13 years after your latest Championship.

Holy crap, you are still here? Shouldnt you be trolling a Patriot messageboard right about now?

And lets not get into which franchise is better. Both of our franchises are pretty much awful so dont act like you are faaaaar superior.

You guys have the 3rd best NFL team in New York. Just like the Fins are the 3rd best team in Florida.:lol:

Holy crap, you are still here? Shouldnt you be trolling a Patriot messageboard right about now?

And lets not get into which franchise is better. Both of our franchises are pretty much awful so dont act like you are faaaaar superior.

You guys have the 3rd best NFL team in New York. Just like the Fins are the 3rd best team in Florida.:lol:

Yes I'm here, I'm always here unlike yourself.

There's no shame in being #2 after the SB Champs especially considering our offseason has vaulted us past them as far as covergae goes.

Sorry I dont live on a message board, I actually have a life to live...try it sometime haha.

And you guys ARENT the #2 team in NY. That would be the Buffalo Bills sorry.

Sorry I dont live on a message board, I actually have a life to live...try it sometime haha.

And you guys ARENT the #2 team in NY. That would be the Buffalo Bills sorry.

I'm sorry you have that life, part of my job is to be well informed in the sports world.

When's the last time the Bills made the postseason? It's even further back than you guys if you can believe that. The Jets and Bills have similar teams and will likely battle for the division w/ Brady out.

As much as ESPN promotes the Jets they are not a playoff team. A wound duck TD from Brett won that game. The other TD drive was a terrible pass interferance call. So they had on legitmate TD to Cotchery and 2 BS TDs. Enjoy Brett for one year second class NY fans......The only teams that should have invested in Brett are teams that are 1 QB away from a Superbowl. Not a 4-12 team trying to rebuild through free agency. Your team is old as dirt. Win now because your future is mortgaged![/quote]

And the Dolphins are first class in Miami, congratulations!

Yes, we have the most spectacular practice facility in the NFL. Soon we'll be playing in a brand new 2 billion dollar stadium that will not be called Giants Stadium.

Jets are not a playoff team? How do you know this?

Wounded Duck? That was a very smart play by a savvy veteran QB. You throw it up and hope for the best, it's fourth down from the 13, who cares if it's picked off.

PI call? :sidelol: That's not a reason, that's an excuse, used by teams that are pathetic losers.

Mortgaged our future? How did we do that? We filled glaring holes with pro bowl players. They are mostly productive vets to add to our core of talented young players. We had nobody good enough at the QB position, so we traded a conditional fourth rounder for a HOF QB. Another year for Brett junior to learn or who knows, maybe Favre stays for two years.

I for one am glad that my team finally opened up it's wallet in an off season where terrific players who fit our scheme were available.

Your post just sounds like you are a beaten and depressed fan who expected miracles to happen in the first year of rebuilding.

You know, I didn't see anything the other day that shows me the Jets won't be a Playoff contender, or a Division winner this year. Favre gives them a chance in every game, the same way we felt when Danny was back there slingin' it for us. You could see Favre still enjoys playing - something I wondered about when he first got to NY. I think that for the first time in a very long time, every team in this division can take down any other at any time.

Look, I know we are still a long ways from being serious contenders for a Super Bowl, but we were literally 18 yards away from winning that game - prevent or not prevent. We have some young guys trying to learn on the fly, some showing flashes here and there of what we pictured when signing or drafting them. Losing Thomas is a serious blow to us, but maybe Evan can step in and do an adequate job. It just sucks to have to replace a young guy with alot of promise.

Anyway, NYJunc, you're welcome on this board anytime, IMO. As are all other reasonable fans of rivals. I think you bring alot to the board, and aren't here just to talk trash. There are a few of you - Jets, and Bills fans - who are fun to debate with.

I still think we take you in week 17, though. :)

Back
Top Bottom