*** Hey look, a Tebow thread (Merged x4) *** | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Hey look, a Tebow thread (Merged x4) ***

It is up now on NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-...n-Bill-Belichick-resurrect-Tim-Tebow-s-career

It was great to see Heath get clowned like that, and I actually had to watch it twice. The way Heath is acting you would think the Patriots just signed Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers. He is gushing about how he is a proven winner, blah blah blah. Loved that Sharper laughed in his face.

I don't seem to remember Heath Evans as a big name Patriot. I thought he was a very, very average player who got his break into the media and now is making his name every day as the biggest Bill Belichick disciple on TV. He is so bad that he makes Skip Bayless look fair and balanced.
One can only hope that Brady makes so much money as a player that we don't have to watch him as the next Patriot talking head.

I'm looking forward to when the Tebow loyalists start the PR campaign to replace Brady w/ Tebow by mid-season. As irrational as it it sounds, it's gonna happen and I'll have my popcorn ready to enjoy the train wreck that's about to ensue :d-day:

As a Dolphins fan.....This is the best thing the Patriots EVER did. EVER!!! The facts are as follows:

Tim Tebow has an average arm at best.

Tim Tebow has trouble reading defenses

Tim Tebow could not beat out Mark Sanchez who might be the worst starting QB since Ryan Leaf.

Tim Tebow brings a media CIRCUS everywhere he has been.

You aren't going to take Brady off the field for Tebow.....But Bill B. is going to have to answer questions about Tebow every week.

I can guarantee Tebow costs the Patriots 2 games this year because the distractions alone.

Great Move Patriots!!!!! LOL

As a Dolphins fan.....This is the best thing the Patriots EVER did. EVER!!! The facts are as follows:

Tim Tebow has an average arm at best.

Tim Tebow has trouble reading defenses

Tim Tebow could not beat out Mark Sanchez who might be the worst starting QB since Ryan Leaf.

Tim Tebow brings a media CIRCUS everywhere he has been.

You aren't going to take Brady off the field for Tebow.....But Bill B. is going to have to answer questions about Tebow every week.

I can guarantee Tebow costs the Patriots 2 games this year because the distractions alone.

Great Move Patriots!!!!! LOL

I think u miss a very major point. Tim Tebow is NE third string qb, they dont have an iffy starter like the Jets. Not sure how he could cost the Pats anymore as a thrid stringer anymore than Pat Devlin could for us.
This is a no lose situation for the Pats. Belichek isnt Ryan I doubt very much it will be much of a distraction. He is one of the the few coaches that could handle this situation right. How much of a distraction was Chad Johnson there

I think u miss a very major point. Tim Tebow is NE third string qb, they dont have an iffy starter like the Jets. Not sure how he could cost the Pats anymore as a thrid stringer anymore than Pat Devlin could for us.
This is a no lose situation for the Pats. Belichek isnt Ryan I doubt very much it will be much of a distraction. He is one of the the few coaches that could handle this situation right. How much of a distraction was Chad Johnson there

You honestly don't think there will be non-stop questions from the media about when and where he's going to play? Really? Bill B. doesn't like the media as it is. I totally disagree..... This is a total lose situation for the Pats.

You honestly don't think there will be non-stop questions from the media about when and where he's going to play? Really? Bill B. doesn't like the media as it is. I totally disagree..... This is a total lose situation for the Pats.

He is not anything like a Ryan who addresses everything, I see Belichek not having one issue with this because he wont respond to idiotic questions all the time, he isnt building an offense just to use Tebow. He may use Tebow in some situation but he is on of the smartest coaches ever and I dont see him having any issue. What did the Pats lose, no draft picks and nobody is going to be calling for Brady to be benched. Its the best place Tebow could have went and as a third stringer u could do worse, much worse.

Most people on here know me as a NO-NONSENSE evaluator of players and talent -- I'm the guy who's been crying out loud for the team to upgrade the skill positions. For YEARS.

Half the people on this board hated me for my reviews of Bess. Which turned out right, btw. The same half of the board hates me for my evaluation of Hartline and Gibson.

Early on I was one who said that Henne was a below-average QB: Poor field awareness and slow release. Most people on this board, including resident experts, disagreed w. me. But now probably 99 percent agree, llol.

Well, I've watched Tebow -- college and pro games. And for those hating on him, there's a simple reason. Football reason, I mean [not counting the hatred of him as a person]. The simple FOOTBALL reason that people hate on Tebow is that HE IS NOT A TYPICAL QB and HE IS NOT A GREAT PASSER, very poor in some ways. Those two things go together, obviously. That's THE football reason why people hate on Tebow. The rest is just chatter. That said, Tebow brings a dimension to a team that typical QBs do not bring. And if a good coach is able to harness Tebow's positive aspects within a structure that understands the negatives, that coach will be able to hurt other teams by putting them in mismatch situations.

A couple of points: 1. Tebow's shown the ability to succeed and raise the level of play around him AND he's shown that he can succeed even when a front office throws him to the wolves, fire-selling talent and throwing him out there, not to succeed, but to fail [my read on the Denver situation -- they only "wanted" him to succeed after he improbably won enough games to put them in playoff talk -- and even this did not make Elway happy. Undeniable, imo.]. 2. Belicheat is a coach who was able to shut Tebow down in the playoffs -- stone cold shut him down. Belicheat knows Tebow's weaknesses as a QB better than anyone on this board. But he's not dumb. He also knows his strengths, and potentialities.

Anyway, as a Dolphin fan and a football guy, I can see Tebow hurting the Phins in the future. Heck, I still remember when he almost single-handedly beat the team three years ago... Improbable isn't the word for it. But he did it -- playing to his strengths and not giving up. FEW QBs in this league have won by putting teams on their backs: Most are game managers. But Tebow has won in this league by putting teams on his back... and this without even being a good passer! It's uncanny. And it makes football guys do one of two things: 1. Shake their head in admiration and dare to see the strengths, amidst the weaknesses. Or, 2. Hate him and vilify him because of the attention he gets, just being a "poor QB."

Personally, what I know of Belicheat and what I know of Tebow... I don't like it.

LD

Most people on here know me as a NO-NONSENSE evaluator of players and talent -- I'm the guy who's been crying out loud for the team to upgrade the skill positions. For YEARS.

Half the people on this board hated me for my reviews of Bess. Which turned out right, btw. The same half of the board hates me for my evaluation of Hartline and Gibson.

Early on I was one who said that Henne was a below-average QB: Poor field awareness and slow release. Most people on this board, including resident experts, disagreed w. me. But now probably 99 percent agree, llol.

Well, I've watched Tebow -- college and pro games. And for those hating on him, there's a simple reason. Football reason, I mean [not counting the hatred of him as a person]. The simple FOOTBALL reason that people hate on Tebow is that HE IS NOT A TYPICAL QB and HE IS NOT A GREAT PASSER, very poor in some ways. Those two things go together, obviously. That's THE football reason why people hate on Tebow. The rest is just chatter. That said, Tebow brings a dimension to a team that typical QBs do not bring. And if a good coach is able to harness Tebow's positive aspects within a structure that understands the negatives, that coach will be able to hurt other teams by putting them in mismatch situations.

A couple of points: 1. Tebow's shown the ability to succeed and raise the level of play around him AND he's shown that he can succeed even when a front office throws him to the wolves, fire-selling talent and throwing him out there, not to succeed, but to fail [my read on the Denver situation -- they only "wanted" him to succeed after he improbably won enough games to put them in playoff talk -- and even this did not make Elway happy. Undeniable, imo.]. 2. Belicheat is a coach who was able to shut Tebow down in the playoffs -- stone cold shut him down. Belicheat knows Tebow's weaknesses as a QB better than anyone on this board. But he's not dumb. He also knows his strengths, and potentialities.

Anyway, as a Dolphin fan and a football guy, I can see Tebow hurting the Phins in the future. Heck, I still remember when he almost single-handedly beat the team three years ago... Improbable isn't the word for it. But he did it -- playing to his strengths and not giving up. FEW QBs in this league have won by putting teams on their backs: Most are game managers. But Tebow has won in this league by putting teams on his back... and this without even being a good passer! It's uncanny. And it makes football guys do one of two things: 1. Shake their head in admiration and dare to see the strengths, amidst the weaknesses. Or, 2. Hate him and vilify him because of the attention he gets, just being a "poor QB."

Personally, what I know of Belicheat and what I know of Tebow... I don't like it.

LD

Wow.

If this thread was actually about YOU...this post would have been a lot more, well...readable.

It is up now on NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-...n-Bill-Belichick-resurrect-Tim-Tebow-s-career

It was great to see Heath get clowned like that, and I actually had to watch it twice. The way Heath is acting you would think the Patriots just signed Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers. He is gushing about how he is a proven winner, blah blah blah. Loved that Sharper laughed in his face.

Did Heath really tell Sharper if he had been coached by the Pat's staff he would have been a better player?? Wow!

Heath was coached by them but it sure did not help his career any.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is beyond ridiculous that ESPN has live from outside Foxboro for this signing!

Back
Top Bottom