High draft pick or a victory? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

High draft pick or a victory?

Just as many pro bowlers have been selected in the 2nd half of the first round as the 1st half. The idea that a top 10 pick guarantees success is silly

149 Pro Bowlers and 70 All-Pros drafted in the 1st half of the 1st Round since 1998.
86 Pro Bowlers and 32 All-Pros drafted in the 2nd half of the 1st Round since 1998.

And just doing a quick look at the 20 who went to the most Pro Bowls from those top 10 picks, only Joe Thomas played for a team that never accomplished anything in that time.

The draft is multifactoral, for sure, but there is no doubt whatsoever that you have a better shot at landing a top talent the earlier you pick. If NE had top ten picks every year, you think they **** it up like the Browns did all those years? Of course not. They'd just have more rings and likely some undefeated seasons.

We have no control either way, so just enjoy the ride...

The a is a thread closer. Getting spun up because a team that’s trying to win didn’t lose is idiotic. High picks guarantee nothing. Remember how the site acted in 2011? How many Super Bowls have the Colts won since the supposedly Sucked for Luck? The way this place was acting the only feasible answer could be 5.

Also we are not replacing everybody in one offseason so it’s important to see the young guys who will be future contributors play well. Even if it results in wins.

Out of the last 10 1st round picks for Miami, maybe 4 have been good. None have been great (maybe can argue for Jake Long). I'd rather win than pin my hopes on some figment of the imagination.

Dolphins have proved that a high draft pick doesn't make the team better. So I'll take the wins.

logic says you want the better draft pick...

but anyone rooting for their team to lose on sundays can kick rocks as far as im concerned

so basically you could say it's a win/win for me.

It was fun hearing about Miami killing Denver. They haven’t looked that good all year. It’s meaningless though because NE will beat that ass on MNF next week.

It’s a weird place to be. Wanting a win while also wanting a better pick.

Were going to win more games, I think 2 more. so it's going to be 7-9 & I think were still going to get a good draft pic too. so it's a win win for me to get both......

logic says you want the better draft pick...

but anyone rooting for their team to lose on sundays can kick rocks as far as im concerned

so basically you could say it's a win/win for me.

I think for anyone who has invested their entire life in an organization, it is impossible not to smile when they win.

Tons of high draft picks are busts. The teams that are in contention every year aren't necessarily the teams that nail their first round picks. They are the teams that find Richard Sherman in the 5th, Antonio Brown in the 6th, Russell Wilson in the 3rd, etc. They just draft well overall. So unless you're looking for the top QB or two in the draft, I find where you draft to be relatively irrelevant.

We gave away Jay Ajayi for nothing and hit the lucky lottery to get Tunsil last year in the draft so I am not holding my breath on this GM to get it right no matter how high the pick. Its not the pick its the picker who makes the difference so we need a great picker

Back
Top Bottom