Hold Back On The Thigpen Excitement | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hold Back On The Thigpen Excitement

First you claim Henne scored us 20 points. So you are coutning the 13 yard drive that the D got us on a turnover and Penny gain yardage. Also, on that same drive of course Henne was scare st$tless as usually and called a timeout on his first play! Rolling with Henne huh?? LOL, this makes me laugh every time!!! The guy does nothing but check down. Yeah, high completion rate. Look at his stats everyone. He throws a lot of completion. I mean look at today. Oh, wait over half of his 19 completions weere check down routes. Oh, how many three and outs did he have. Please, come on. Marshalls action on the field says it all. The ENTIRE offsense is done with Henne. The guy is not a leader and can't run an offense. Get over it noodle boy. He is done. Time to move on.

So now Marshall's foolish antics that cost the team 5 yards was an indication of Henne? Marshall got SHUT DOWN by Finnegan today, that is all he needs to be worried about. Have you ever watched Tom Brady? (Watch my words get twisted to say I'm comparing him to Brady) The guy is Mr. Check down, and has made a living off of it. That is a dumb point . . . and TODAY, against the Titans, we spread the ball around and Henne made some nice throws. Was he accurate on every throw? Nah, but I saw alot of good out there.

Hey it is what it is, its no skin off my back . . . if Thigpen comes in and plays lights out . . I'm a Dolphin fan and the world will still be sunny. But if he bombs you won't be nowhere to be found, and I'll be here discussing ways that Thigpen could play better. Or maybe you will be here, but you will only add that Henne sux and we need to draft a QB. I don't have an agenda, you do my friend.

You talk about henne throwing interception after interception but that's what thigpen does too...so its not just henne. So what happens on Thursday if Thigpen throws interception after interception will you jump all over him or will just say give him another shot because he showed heart on one drive?

We'll use the same excuse the Thigpen haters use. "Its only one game" or "its only one series"... "he cannot be judged... blah, blah, blah"

fact of the matter is that dude looked pretty good running the first team offense, considering he never even practiced with them this entire season.

We'll use the same excuse the Thigpen haters use. "Its only one game" or "its only one series"... "he cannot be judged... blah, blah, blah"

fact of the matter is that dude looked pretty good running the first team offense, considering he never even practiced with them this entire season.

He did look good, I think you are forgetting to factor in that Tennessee prepared for Pennington/Henne for 2 weeks, and Thigpen added something different that they didn't prepare themselves for. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and say Thigpen was just the **** today, and he deserves ALL the props he is getting right now. I'm happy, and I hope the success continues.

Ben Rothlisberger... twice. He can scramble and avoid the sack better than any other QB currently playing.

I'm talking about this season for the fins QB situation, and its fairly apparent Thigpen is the best option going forward. And perhaps we should restructure our Offensive game plan. We thought the wildcat was dead, and the offensive coached brought it out. i'm sure an NFL coaching staff can adapt mid-week. We've seen it before.

And I wouldnt be surprised if Thigpen struggled against the Bears. I also wouldn't be surprised if he led us to a victory against them.

I don't really consider Big Ben a mobile quarterback but you see him that way so I can't really disagree with you on that statement. He does run out of the pocket at times because of his size but i do see him more as a passer than a runner. I too wouldn't be surprised if he leads us to victory since the bears are awful. I get stuck up here in Illinois watching them week in and week out. There are times they are good and there times that they are really bad. Hopefully we get the team that shoots themselves in the foot and I think Wake will put on a show Thursday since the bears offensive line is terrible. Hoping for a Fins victory on Thursday.

You talk about henne throwing interception after interception but that's what thigpen does too...so its not just henne. So what happens on Thursday if Thigpen throws interception after interception will you jump all over him or will just say give him another shot because he showed heart on one drive?

If he throws an interception so what?? Every qb will throw interceptions. But there is a difference in once game opposed to 9!! Look at our record. How many tds do we have compared to field goals! Thank God Carpenter is a good kicker or we would probably have a 1-8 record. I cannot fathom how people are defending Henne's play! My word, there is a reason the team is done with him and the team is visably yelling at him on the field. It isn't cause he's doing a good job, let me tell you!

He did look good, I think you are forgetting to factor in that Tennessee prepared for Pennington/Henne for 2 weeks, and Thigpen added something different that they didn't prepare themselves for. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and say Thigpen was just the **** today, and he deserves ALL the props he is getting right now. I'm happy, and I hope the success continues.

I'm not forgetting to factor that in, because NO team gameplans for the 3rd string QB. This was a fluky game in which 3 QB's got injured and thus opened the door for Thigpen. The opposite argument can be made that Thigpen didnt have time or didnt at all "gameplan" or "prepare" for the Titans D.

I'll wait a few more games before crowining him, but I like his potential and the attributes he brings to the position.

To those who think thigpen has earned a start could you please tell me why...and don't base it on one drive because he has had two drives this year one that resulted in a touchdown and one that resulted in an interception, or did everyone forget about that. Because if you base it on one drive then that means i can base the reason why he shouldn't start on one drive. So give me some actual legitimate reasons why thigpen should be the starter. I'm not sticking up for henne and I know it sounds that way but I'm not sold on thigpen at all. The guy was behind pat white on the depth chart last year and there had to be a reason for that. Sure he beat him this year but we all knew pat white was never going to make it in this league. That's why you don't draft guys that you're a fan of in this league cause more often than not he won't pan out.

I'm not sure he earned a spot but if the coach was looking for a spark he found it......and that one drive was huge, it came after Tenn scored and was down by 6, a punt on that drive and we are in trouble.....not only did he move the team down the field like he's been doiing it for yrs but he put it in the endzone.....

Oh Yea, the reason he was behind White last yr is because White ran the wildcat, and had to be active for game day, once in 4th quarter, he was going to be the QB which is what they were trying to do when when White got hurt in the Pitt game............

Its ok to want Henne but give Thigpen his credit, he deserves it

So....because they prepared for Pennington today that's why Thigpen had success?? So then why is it that Peyton Manning and Eli Manning and and Drew Brees have success with other teams plan for them each and every week?? Cause they are good qbs...and get the job done. And can make plays out of plays that aren't there!!!

I don't really consider Big Ben a mobile quarterback but you see him that way so I can't really disagree with you on that statement. He does run out of the pocket at times because of his size but i do see him more as a passer than a runner. I too wouldn't be surprised if he leads us to victory since the bears are awful. I get stuck up here in Illinois watching them week in and week out. There are times they are good and there times that they are really bad. Hopefully we get the team that shoots themselves in the foot and I think Wake will put on a show Thursday since the bears offensive line is terrible. Hoping for a Fins victory on Thursday.

Ben isn't a runner but he can break the pocket, elude the pass rush/sack, and can throw well on the run. I'm not saying that Thigpen will beat teams by rushing for 1st downs (or that he's the second coming of Rapistberger, but he gives an added dimension to the offense by being able to throw on the run and out of the pocket, as well. He also can sell the playaction much better thanks to his mobility.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Ben isn't a runner but he can break the pocket, elude the pass rush/sack, and can throw well on the run. I'm not saying that Thigpen will beat teams by rushing for 1st downs (or that he's the second coming of Rapistberger, but he gives an added dimension to the offense by being able to throw on the run and out of the pocket, as well. He also can sell the playaction much better thanks to his mobility.

I'm not sure he earned a spot but if the coach was looking for a spark he found it......and that one drive was huge, it came after Tenn scored and was down by 6, a punt on that drive and we are in trouble.....not only did he move the team down the field like he's been doiing it for yrs but he put it in the endzone.....

Oh Yea, the reason he was behind White last yr is because White ran the wildcat, and had to be active for game day, once in 4th quarter, he was going to be the QB which is what they were trying to do when when White got hurt in the Pitt game............

This

It was a great drive by Thigpen and this offense. He made some clutch throws, especially that roll out to the right where he found Fasano and the penalty added 15 yards. Today was just weird, because even the offense wasn't as conservative as it has been, from Henne at QB to Thigpen, it all looked different. Thursday really is going to be interesting . . . I'm honestly not sure what to expect.

I'll give thigpen credit...he is a decent qb but i just don't think he is the future of this organization and feel that just because of one drive he should be given the reigns of the team. Yes he shows heart and I'll support whatever qb is behind center and hope for the best but i just don't see thigpen as that every sunday qb, i only see him as a very good backup.

people on this board are so rediculous and the badmouthing of henne is completely uncalled for. Henne played really well. complete BS.

Thigpen also has that thing call emotion and excitement... it was pretty clear people we rallying around him.

people on this board are so rediculous and the badmouthing of henne is completely uncalled for. Henne played really well. complete BS.

Yea it is pretty bad. He played well and people just have an agenda against him. Oh well, shouldn't expect any less on Finheaven.

So....because they prepared for Pennington today that's why Thigpen had success?? So then why is it that Peyton Manning and Eli Manning and and Drew Brees have success with other teams plan for them each and every week?? Cause they are good qbs...and get the job done. And can make plays out of plays that aren't there!!!

You do need to notice that it was later in the game and he was more fresh so it does have some effect on the game. Now with the mannings and drew brees they have been in the league a while and each one of them have play makers at different positions, which is something we really don't have...we really don't have that great of an offense all the money is on the line at one wr position and for a guy who is a starting running back who can never stay healthy and has only gone over a thousand yards once in his career. So it's very easy to plan against this team.

Back
Top Bottom