Hold Back On The Thigpen Excitement | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hold Back On The Thigpen Excitement

You do need to notice that it was later in the game and he was more fresh so it does have some effect on the game. Now with the mannings and drew brees they have been in the league a while and each one of them have play makers at different positions, which is something we really don't have...we really don't have that great of an offense all the money is on the line at one wr position and for a guy who is a starting running back who can never stay healthy and has only gone over a thousand yards once in his career. So it's very easy to plan against this team.

No it doesn't. What in the world does Thigpen being "fresh" have anything to do with his ability to throw a completed pass to one of "his" receivers, as opposed to a defender from the other team? My gosh......would you admit that Henne is not the qb you would like him to be?? It is what it is!

It was nice to see a little emotion from the QB position with Thigpen All the players say they like Henne, but there was a "spark" missing on offense. Maybe a little excitement from the QB position would provide that spark.

No it doesn't. What in the world does Thigpen being "fresh" have anything to do with his ability to throw a completed pass to one of "his" receivers, as opposed to a defender from the other team? My gosh......would you admit that Henne is not the qb you would like him to be?? It is what it is!

I haven't been defending henne at all in this post...i thought he would get better as the season went on but all thigpen has shown is exactly what henne has shown but with more "heart." He too is very inconsistent and wouldn't be surprised with the same outcome. Thigpen is wild and doesn't have what it takes to run a highly conservative offense. Thigpen is a spread offense type of quarterback who takes too much risk at times, which doesn't work with our offense scheme which is conservative and tries to teach against turnovers. Thats why we were so succesful in 2008.

And when a guy is more mobile in the pocket then the starter and the number two quarterback on the team, and the defense is trying to control the pocket at the start of the game, then you get a guy who is mobile and the pocket moves around more and the defense doesn't have enough time for them to adjust and they are worn out in the fourth quarter, it really does have and effect on the players. This titans defense planned around pennington as the qb and got the same type of qb in henne. There just weren't ready for a qb whose type of play isn't similar to pennington and henne. It's just like in baseball it's like trying to adjust to a reliever who throws like chapman who throws 100mph when you just faced a pitcher who is very finesse and tries to locate pitches instead of blowing it by you. So to say that Thigpen who had a fresh arm and fresh legs coming in later in the game had nothing to do with it then i will have to disagree.

If anything don't be shocked if the coaches try to find somebody else to come in and run this offense before the year is out. Here's to hoping we trade up to get Luck.

you all need to step away from the coffee...

stop criticizing everyones post with 'your an idiot' 'you know nothing about football' 'you just hate henne'

post what you think without all the 'i am an expert and you are a moron'

so, here is my .02.

You all are arguing about 3 different quarterbacks with 3 totally different styles of quarterbacking. You are arguing that henne is better than tyler and pennington is better than whoever... fact is - you are comparing three completely different style qb's.... can you really compare dan marino to michael vick? no. statistically, yes, but dan couldnt get out of his own way sometimes. - yet he was great.

Henne is a good pocket QB, who has no authority to audible out of any situation and is stuck running whatever play he is given, also - he cannot throw the short slant to save his life... HOWEVER, he is (was) on track to be miami's best quarterback since dan... THAT SAYS ALOT.
Pennington is statistically the most accurate quarterback to ever play... In my opinion - Sparano was correct in trying to start him. Didn't work out - and his career is probably over, so is any argument about him being better.
Thigpen looked great today... Made me happy... With that being said... he is the starter Thursday. not because he earned it, but because everyone else is hurt. any argument about henne should be starting or tyler earned the right to start is moot...

take it game by game people, enjoy it - and just say no to caffeine.

Thigpen wasn't getting any reps in practice as the #3.

I don't see many other #3 QB's stepping into a game and leading their team like he did today. Thigpen has potential. We have not seen enough of him to pass any serious judgement on him but for a guy to play like that WITH NO PRACTICE WITH THE RECEIVERS IS IMPRESSIVE.

When Thigpen started in KC that was BEFORE he was around Pennington and could absorb information to be a better player. He even said in an interview he didn't gameplan well at all back then. I'm pretty sure he is doing things a bit different since arriving here.

Cheers to the man and let's hope that spark he ignited in the 4th quarter is a sign to come, because before today that's EXACTLY what this team was looking for and Thigpen was the player that brought EXACTLY that to the field.

Unbelievable! How on earth is anybody still defending Henne???? Hurricane , do you realize how stupid you sound right now? There is simply no defending this guy. Did you watch the game? He absolutely sucked when he was on the field. Please please stop with the excuse. I am SOOOO tired of people defending this guy. Next week we start Thiggy and tkae the rest of the season as it comes. Henne is nothing, was always nothing and never will be anything!

thats a pretty arrogant thing to say. do you perfer Henne to be in the hands of bill belichick and make him into a weapon? its very haunting to let go a fins player with potential, get picked by a rival, and for him to kick our ***

What game were you watching? Henne was 19/28 for 240 yards with 1 td/1 INT. The pass he threw to Cobbs for the TD was a throw that NOBODY else on this team could make. What a BULLET. Henne played well, and Thigpen played well . . . but like RobertHorry said, I am worried about teams gameplanning for Thigpen and shutting him down . . . he doesn't have the talented arm that Henne has, that I am certain of. His mobility is nice, but I'm not sure we need that kind of QB on this team. Good backup . . . but people are dilusional if they think he is better than Henne.

The Fins FINALLY took the CUFFS off of Henne, and the kid made plays.

Thankyou!

Back
Top Bottom