hoops scoops...fins patriots | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...fins patriots

Ummm, can I ask who is gonna trade for Wallace and HIS SALARY!???:ponder:
I don't even think the Colts are that stupid
you realize isray still owns the colts right?
thidHN608032125167796843pid1-1.7

Had this debate once. Check his complete work that got him a 50million dollar offer from the Pittsburgh front office. Check his Pro Bowl year. Check his award from the Pittsburgh team for his rookie campaign. His body of work is there to be seen.

And so is his declining production that started in Pittsburgh.

I'm amazed that anyone can sit there and say "Wallace has to make a play." NEWSFLASH: He can't and he often WON'T. That's not his strength. He's a guy you hit in space or in single coverage. So don't throw those balls to him. It's really not that hard to understand.

Wow. Just wow. Justifying $60 million for a guy who can't make easy catches....... Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?

The play is a double move and hit Mike in stride, not 5 seconds after he's already beaten his man and there's not enough room to the side of the endzone for a guy like him to actually pull it down. Because Mike Wallace isn't good at that.

you really need to watch that play again. he didn't have to pull anything down. he caught it in his chest. he just couldn't get his feet in bounds.

you really need to watch that play again. he didn't have to pull anything down. he caught it in his chest. he just couldn't get his feet in bounds.

Don't bother (and I shouldn't either). The two that I have been arguing with are the biggest Wallace apologists on the site.

It is unbelievable that after a full season of bitching about not hitting Wallace on a deep pass, some fans can look at a pass that was thrown on the run after avoiding a pass rusher and travels 40 yards in the air and say (with a straight face) "it should have been a foot more to the left".... WTF?

There have been several claims that the play would have been an "acrobatic" catch. As service to the confused, here are some examples:

Not an acrobatic catch:

View attachment 12906

Acrobatic catch:

View attachment 12907

Not an acrobatic catch:

View attachment 12906

Acrobatic catch:

View attachment 12908

Not an acrobatic catch:

View attachment 12906

Acrobatic catches:

View attachment 12909

View attachment 12910

View attachment 12911

You're welcome.

This is still going on....

Outside of all 22 pictures to see players placements on the field, still images are almost pointless to prove a point...

This is still going on....

Outside of all 22 pictures to see players placements on the field, still images are almost pointless to prove a point...

Really? The fact that the image of Wallace shows the ball was inside the field play and there was no need to lean to the sideline is pointless? That ball is TWO FEET in bounds at face height. TWO FEET. Competent WRs make that catch and stay in bounds. Great WRs make the catch when it is two feet OUT of bounds. Wallace is being paid to be great, not incompetent.

The position of the other players is irrelevant to the question of whether Wallace should have caught the ball in bounds.

Wallace has great speed, he doesn't make great catches.

Wallace has great speed, he doesn't make great catches.

I agree with that. What I don't agree with is the idea that anything other than an average catch was required on that play. All the apologists are defending the blown play by claiming that Wallace can't make "acrobatic" catches. (as if that is somehow a defense :idk:).

This irks me because of 12 months of listening the the Tannehaters complain about the deep ball. When it is there Wallace HAS to catch it. Period. No excuses.

Really? The fact that the image of Wallace shows the ball was inside the field play and there was no need to lean to the sideline is pointless? That ball is TWO FEET in bounds at face height. TWO FEET. Competent WRs make that catch and stay in bounds. Great WRs make the catch when it is two feet OUT of bounds. Wallace is being paid to be great, not incompetent.

The position of the other players is irrelevant to the question of whether Wallace should have caught the ball in bounds.

Post a video of the play to prove your point...also most of the example you posted are outs or comeback which it makes it easier to do the toe touch as opposed to blazing down the field at 4.3 speed and trying to catch a pass that is outside...

and as a counter...Ryan Tannehill could have thrown the ball more inside...again he should know his WR better...

Fortunately the play is on the highlights...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014090705/2014/REG1/patriots@dolphins#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000390975&tab=recap

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

I agree with that. What I don't agree with is the idea that anything other than an average catch was required on that play. All the apologists are defending the blown play by claiming that Wallace can't make "acrobatic" catches. (as if that is somehow a defense :idk:).

This irks me because of 12 months of listening the the Tannehaters complain about the deep ball. When it is there Wallace HAS to catch it. Period. No excuses.

I know you feel like everyone is hating on Tannehill when it seems like you are the one undervaluing his ability by being ok with his performance yesterday....why do you think that Tannehill is mediocre?

Personally I thought Wallace could have gotten the second foot down, but it would have been tough BUT it was a lot closer than some think.

Post a video of the play to prove your point...also most of the example you posted are outs or comeback which it makes it easier to do the toe touch as opposed to blazing down the field at 4.3 speed and trying to catch a pass that is outside...

WTF????????

The pass was INSIDE. It was on his inside shoulder not his outside shoulder. Why is this so hard to understand?

The pass to James Jones in Oakland was OUTSIDE and he caught it and got both feet in bounds. I'm not asking Wallace to make that play. I'm asking him to make a catch on a pass that hits him in stride for a TD.

and as a counter...Ryan Tannehill could have thrown the ball more inside...again he should know his WR better...

Another on the "the 40 yard pass thrown on the run was off by a foot" bandwagon. The throw wasn't perfect but it was excellent.

I know you feel like everyone is hating on Tannehill when it seems like you are the one undervaluing his ability by being ok with his performance yesterday....why do you think that Tannehill is mediocre?

This has been mostly about ONE PLAY. That play involved a QB making an excellent play and a WR screwing it up. It is about making excuses for one of the highest paid WRs in the league. One that is a big talker about scoring TDs. Wallace can STFU and catch the damn ball in bounds.

This is about Wallace and his inability to make average catches. Is the Dion Sims drop on Tannehill too? Should he know that Sims is primarily a blocker and will probably drop that pass?

Personally I thought Wallace could have gotten the second foot down, but it would have been tough BUT it was a lot closer than some think.
Yes... if RT put its more inside Wallace could have probably scored...i say probably because you never know with him... if he doesnt get to body catch it its not always gauranteed he will catch it...

I have been saying this since we signed him... his effort and football IQ is extremely poor.
Chubbs

WTF????????

The pass was INSIDE. It was on his inside shoulder not his outside shoulder. Why is this so hard to understand?

The pass to James Jones in Oakland was OUTSIDE and he caught it and got both feet in bounds. I'm not asking Wallace to make that play. I'm asking him to make a catch on a pass that hits him in stride for a TD.

Another on the "the 40 yard pass thrown on the run was off by a foot" bandwagon. The throw wasn't perfect but it was excellent.

This has been mostly about ONE PLAY. That play involved a QB making an excellent play and a WR screwing it up. It is about making excuses for one of the highest paid WRs in the league. One that is a big talker about scoring TDs. Wallace can STFU and catch the damn ball in bounds.

This is about Wallace and his inability to make average catches. Is the Dion Sims drop on Tannehill too? Should he know that Sims is primarily a blocker and will probably drop that pass?

and I'm actually discussing Tannehill beyond that one play....his play during the game in general which was sub-par. You pick that one play to prove some point and are not taking the game a whole. The fact that both of his coaches have said he needs to play better should be some indication to that. Maybe when you start to see Tanneheill as an elite QB instead of mediocre one you will stop making excuses for him...He can play better...

Back
Top Bottom