hoops scoops...fins patriots | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...fins patriots

False. But you are equating throwing the ball behind the receiver (but still in a catchable place) with dropping an easy TD. Sorry but they are not the same thing. How about the ball in the face? How about the failure to come back for the ball on 3rd and 11? Those are SIMPLE plays. Football 101. Wallace makes too many mental mistakes.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

A great step to take for a WR in his SIXTH year? How the else can you read that?

Have to jump on FinFanInBuffalo's Bus.

I am not as football intelligent as most posting on here, but I have been watching football for 40+ years. I have been disappointed in Wallace since last year. I am a huge believer in Tanny and where he will take us. He will have to have help, and he will not be able to carry us on his shoulders, but he is and will be good enough to take us deep in the playoffs.

When my wife to be, who predominantly watches Sex and the City and the hallmark channel says during the game, " They should get rid of number 11 / Wallace because he can't catch like other NFL receivers," it becomes an eye test... and Wallace fails in my opinion.

Mike is obviously a skilled WR, whose skill set would probably be better served with a more accurate deep ball QB. Hopefully the two will connect a few times soon and break the ice.

Nice write up Hoops, always look forward to yours, Coach, and Mr. Cornfed's.

And the ball was right there for the play.

View attachment 12904

If you think that Wallace is incapable of making that play, they you have lower opinion of him than I do.

You keep showing that one snapshot of the play completely out of context. We're not seeing it in game speed.

That being said, he's not that guy ..... he catches balls in space and takes them to the house. He's not a guy you throw to the side of the endzone and hope he's able to drag his feet to stay in bounds.

Have to jump on FinFanInBuffalo's Bus.

I am not as football intelligent as most posting on here, but I have been watching football for 40+ years. I have been disappointed in Wallace since last year. I am a huge believer in Tanny and where he will take us. He will have to have help, and he will not be able to carry us on his shoulders, but he is and will be good enough to take us deep in the playoffs.

When my wife to be, who predominantly watches Sex and the City and the hallmark channel says during the game, " They should get rid of number 11 / Wallace because he can't catch like other NFL receivers," it becomes an eye test... and Wallace fails in my opinion.

Mike is obviously a skilled WR, whose skill set would probably be better served with a more accurate deep ball QB. Hopefully the two will connect a few times soon and break the ice.

Nice write up Hoops, always look forward to yours, Coach, and Mr. Cornfed's.

You saying a qb needs help....is more of a indictment than most here are saying. Snatchez needed more help, was that a good thing? He did take NYJ deep into the playoofs also.

Good post as always hoops.

I was so happy to have Moreno prove me wrong and look stellar. The blocking of the line was great, just imagine having Pouncey back too! Yeah Tannehill had some bad throws, there were some dumb drops too but all in all what a refreshing offense,

On defense I thought it was going to get very ugly without Misi/Ellerbe, kudos to the backups for stepping up, especially Jenkins. I thought we should've seen more McCain but oh well. I'm just not comfortable with Freeney/Trusnik. Too bad Tripp was hurt.. I was very impressed by Davis, seemed to have good coverage most of the time but most of all he didn't look afraid to tackle. I still want Clemons back and in there over Wilson tho...

A lot of BS no calls. Finnegan getting raped, Hartline getting horse collared, etc it's all already been discussed. Man the Patriot players get whiny I mean damn

One db I didn't notice much was Taylor, did you get a look at him at all hoops?

False. But you are equating throwing the ball behind the receiver (but still in a catchable place) with dropping an easy TD. Sorry but they are not the same thing. How about the ball in the face? How about the failure to come back for the ball on 3rd and 11? Those are SIMPLE plays. Football 101. Wallace makes too many mental mistakes.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

A great step to take for a WR in his SIXTH year? How the else can you read that?

And yet Big Ben did not have these problems.

You keep showing that one snapshot of the play completely out of context. We're not seeing it in game speed.

That being said, he's not that guy ..... he catches balls in space and takes them to the house. He's not a guy you throw to the side of the endzone and hope he's able to drag his feet to stay in bounds.

Well if photographic evidence isn't enough, then the Wallace apologists are just incapable of an objective opinion.

If Wallace cannot make that play, WHY IS THAT PLAY IN THE PLAYBOOK? While your at it, take out the 14 yard come back route, and whatever play hit him in the face.

Well if photographic evidence isn't enough, then the Wallace apologists are just incapable of an objective opinion.

If Wallace cannot make that play, WHY IS THAT PLAY IN THE PLAYBOOK? While your at it, take out the 14 yard come back route, and whatever play hit him in the face.

The play is a double move and hit Mike in stride, not 5 seconds after he's already beaten his man and there's not enough room to the side of the endzone for a guy like him to actually pull it down. Because Mike Wallace isn't good at that.

The play is a double move and hit Mike in stride, not 5 seconds after he's already beaten his man and there's not enough room to the side of the endzone for a guy like him to actually pull it down. Because Mike Wallace isn't good at that.

Just keep ignoring that Tannehill had or avoid a rusher and that there was plenty of room.

We actually seem to agree that Wallace isn't very good. We only disagree on the solution. Your solution is to coddle him and mine is to trade him.

BTW, if you understood football, you'd realize that it is Wallace's responsibility to leave room on the side line. The team cannot afford a 60 million dollar receiver with such a tiny catch radius.

Just keep ignoring that Tannehill had or avoid a rusher and that there was plenty of room.

We actually seem to agree that Wallace isn't very good. We only disagree on the solution. Your solution is to coddle him and mine is to trade him.

BTW, if you understood football, you'd realize that it is Wallace's responsibility to leave room on the side line. The team cannot afford a 60 million dollar receiver with such a tiny catch radius.

Ummm, can I ask who is gonna trade for Wallace and HIS SALARY!???:ponder:
I don't even think the Colts are that stupid

Last edited by a moderator:
Please check Wallace's numbers in 2012.... Now, cue the excuses....

Had this debate once. Check his complete work that got him a 50million dollar offer from the Pittsburgh front office. Check his Pro Bowl year. Check his award from the Pittsburgh team for his rookie campaign. His body of work is there to be seen.

He was running away from a pass rush and threw it on the run.. Considering that... It was a good enough pass. Wallace has to go up and snatch the ball out of the air not keep running out of bounds. A better WR makes that play

I saw the play. Even if Ryan had no time to hit him right after the double move he still has to have the presence of mind to opt for a higher percentage throw to one of his other receivers knowing Wallace is highly unlikely to make a play in the back of the end zone.

I understand plenty football. Not my problem you don't see the logic in NOT throwing low percentage passes to a guy who doesn't have a knack for bringing them in. Playing to a player's strengths is not coddling, that is smart football. Wallace won't be changing his stripes anytime soon.

If you understood football and our salary cap, you'd know he was untradeable because of the dead money we'd eat. Hence why we had to make use of him for one more year.

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

He was running away from a pass rush and threw it on the run.. Considering that... It was a good enough pass. Wallace has to go up and snatch the ball out of the air not keep running out of bounds. A better WR makes that play

I'm amazed that anyone can sit there and say "Wallace has to make a play." NEWSFLASH: He can't and he often WON'T. That's not his strength. He's a guy you hit in space or in single coverage. So don't throw those balls to him. It's really not that hard to understand.

Back
Top Bottom