hoops scoops...fins patriots | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...fins patriots

Maybe he didn't have enough control but it wasn't overly hard.

figured all that out from the comfort of your arm chair did ya?

there is NOTHING these guys do that isnt hard. yeah, they get paid to do a job but it still isnt easy and all this they should have done this or that is dream land.

tannys throw was bad. down the line with a guy 2 inches in back of wallace. had TANNY not thrown that straight, down the out of bounds line throw and placed it just another foot to the inside, thats a td. re watch with OPEN eyes and no bias and the way that ball was headed, his body was already out of position to get another foot in.

you guys all act like he was being lazy and forgot to put his foot down. he couldnt! the ball was bad, just as trent green said it was and placed where it was physically impossible to get the other foot in.

i am as stoked about the game like most, but, tanny had an awful outing in a game where lazor gave him plays all over the field and he had lots of time to throw. this offense is designed to make qb's jobs "easier" so all the "its a new offense for him" comments are nothing but excuses. he throws balls CONSNTANTLY behind guys on crossing routes and over throws them on the long ball. he has fundamental problems, not offense problems.

he is going to be the make or break of this season. in this offense with great protection, people open all over the field and a potent run attack, 178 yds isnt acceptable. and that wont work every weekend. we won in spite of tanny this weekend, not because of him.

there is NOTHING these guys do that isnt hard. yeah, they get paid to do a job but it still isnt easy and all this they should have done this or that is dream land.

tannys throw was bad. down the line with a guy 2 inches in back of wallace. had TANNY not thrown that straight, down the out of bounds line throw and placed it just another foot to the inside, thats a td. re watch with OPEN eyes and no bias and the way that ball was headed, his body was already out of position to get another foot in.

you guys all act like he was being lazy and forgot to put his foot down. he couldnt! the ball was bad, just as trent green said it was and placed where it was physically impossible to get the other foot in.

Bullsh!t. How is Revis 2 inches in back of Wallace?

View attachment 12901

He is two YARDS behind Wallace. How am I supposed to take anything else you write seriously?

i am as stoked about the game like most, but, tanny had an awful outing in a game where lazor gave him plays all over the field and he had lots of time to throw. this offense is designed to make qb's jobs "easier" so all the "its a new offense for him" comments are nothing but excuses. he throws balls CONSNTANTLY behind guys on crossing routes and over throws them on the long ball. he has fundamental problems, not offense problems.

he is going to be the make or break of this season. in this offense with great protection, people open all over the field and a potent run attack, 178 yds isnt acceptable. and that wont work every weekend. we won in spite of tanny this weekend, not because of him.

You're absolutely right on the play, and Tannehill had a few off-target throws. I can't remember any that hoops didn't list in the OP, but his poise (while not perfect) took a major step forward in my eyes. First time I've ever believed Tannehill. If he ever gets the feel for the game (and, again, I saw more of it yesterday than ever before), he has enough physical tools to make up for some deficiencies. It's probably the most encouraging B-/C+ game I can remember from a QB.

This is starting to remind me of the pass last season against Tampa that was "out of bounds". Ironically it was Revis in coverage on that pass too.

View attachment 12902

I have never seen a WR with worse awareness than Wallace.

Tanny didn't have the greatest game, but to say we won the game in spite of him is totally incorrect. He had receivers drop passes also which could have help padded his stats. Even Brady was throwing balls behind receivers and over throwing. Tanny still had a nice game even though he didn't throw for 300 yds and 4 tds, this isn't fantasy football.

He might have if he didn't have to avoid a charging Vince Wilfork.

oh he would have...he was about to stop and plant his feet...that ball would have been out with correct timing...

that said i never freaking said the qb played a first half like tony romo did yesterday...he did though leave points on the board...and his own oc even said today it needs to be better...if he can demand it off tape study so can i...especially if they believe this qb is franchise caliber...which i think they are all in on

This is starting to remind me of the pass last season against Tampa that was "out of bounds". Ironically it was Revis in coverage on that pass too.

View attachment 12902

I have never seen a WR with worse awareness than Wallace.

uhh that ball is out of bounds...whether or not he needed to jump for it though i'm sure can be debated...and that probably is the difference between a completed pass and feet out of bounds when he came down

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Tanny didn't have the greatest game, but to say we won the game in spite of him is totally incorrect. He had receivers drop passes also which could have help padded his stats. Even Brady was throwing balls behind receivers and over throwing. Tanny still had a nice game even though he didn't throw for 300 yds and 4 tds, this isn't fantasy football.

never once did i say that...or even imply it...

oh he would have...he was about to stop and plant his feet...that ball would have been out with correct timing...

that said i never freaking said the qb played a first half like tony romo did yesterday...he did though leave points on the board...and his own oc even said today it needs to be better...if he can demand it off tape study so can i...especially if they believe this qb is franchise caliber...which i think they are all in on

Sorry bro, your beating a dead horse. The poster has a personal vendetta against Wallace. I'm waiting for the banner plane from Buffalo next weekend. The one that says "FIRE Wallace!".

Franchise QBs make things work. Some make the players around them better. But the water carrying for a Franchise QB is rarely if ever needed. Saying someone at the qb spot needs to get better is not a slam or personal, its a critique.

Marino would not have had these problems. Big Ben did not have these problems. Maybe that should say something? This is year 3, I want to see more 2nd half Tannehill and less 1st half Tannehill. If he does, this team goes places.

Franchise QBs make things work. Some make the players around them better. But the water carrying for a Franchise QB is rarely if ever needed. Saying someone at the qb spot needs to get better is not a slam or personal, its a critique.

Marino would not have had these problems. Big Ben did not have these problems. Maybe that should say something? This is year 3, I want to see more 2nd half Tannehill and less 1st half Tannehill. If he does, this team goes places.

Dude, I don't think THill is in Marino's class and I don't think anyone is confused realizing that. So pretty much sums up that it's a new system he's still grasping and I think he will be fine. He's only played QB a handful of years, he has the tools and smarts, he will find his way. By week four if not sooner no one will be questioning him.

Dude, I don't think THill is in Marino's class and I don't think anyone is confused realizing that. So pretty much sums up that it's a new system he's still grasping and I think he will be fine. He's only played QB a handful of years, he has the tools and smarts, he will find his way. By week four if not sooner no one will be questioning him.

I'm not bashing Tannehill, I just want to see continued growth.

My whole point is, get the **** right and execute. Make and use Wallace to his strengths. Be a professional and understand who and what you are working with. Make it work. Big Ben did with Wallace, so I expect Tannehill with Lazor to do the same.

Sorry bro, your beating a dead horse. The poster has a personal vendetta against Wallace. I'm waiting for the banner plane from Buffalo next weekend. The one that says "FIRE Wallace!".

Just calling it as I see it. Wallace has not lived up to his contract. All your excuses for him will not change that. Unless he improves dramatically, he needs to be replaced next season.

Blah, blah, blah. How about Wallace just catches the easy passes?

uhh that ball is out of bounds...whether or not he needed to jump for it though i'm sure can be debated...and that probably is the difference between a completed pass and feet out of bounds when he came down

The point is that he does not need to step out to catch that ball. H doesn't seem to be award of the side line at all. IMO, that is disturbing. These are not just little physical mistakes. They are fundamental flaws in his game and he is making no progress at fixing them.

Back
Top Bottom