hoops scoops...fins patriots | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...fins patriots

Most excited I've been after week 1 since I don't even know when.

If you just want to toss a black and white number out there like 10-for-12 then that's how you can paint it. However, many of those completions were passes behind the receivers and in areas they had to work hard to get to.

Second half was a little cleaner as the game progressed.

No, it's the wr fault. To some here Tannehill is expected to be bailed out, all the time. If a player doesn't, he's the problem not the qb. Ever.

He was off in the first half but not as off as many are making it sound. During his bad stretch, he was 10 of 12.

He had at least 6 drops yesterday (three by Wallace, one each for Clay, Landry, and Sims). Two for TDs (Wallace and Sims). Several were for big yardage. Factor those in and it is a huge day.

Half of those 10 completions were behind the wr. Even with a former qb calling the game, you fail to see the folly of the stat sheet.

Half of those 10 completions were behind the wr. Even with a former qb calling the game, you fail to see the folly of the stat sheet.

I've sort fo said this before, but if your are satisfied with Tannehill's play then you have too low of expectation for him...I expect him to play better.

If at this point you are ok with that game, then you've already decided what kind of QB he is....and franchise is not in that description...

I've sort fo said this before, but if your are satisfied with Tannehill's play then you have too low of expectation for him...I expect him to play better.

If at this point you are ok with that game, then you've already decided what kind of QB he is....and franchise is not in that description...

Where did I say I was satisfied? I'm merely countering the idea that he was spraying the ball all over the field in the first half.

The posters on this board have an idealized view of QB play and when Tannehill doesn't live up, he sucks.

I watch a lot of football and I see those kinds of throws EVERY week. ALL QBs make them, even the elite (Brady, Manning) and the predetermined to be elite (Luck).

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

And every one of the 6 drops was very well thrown.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Wallace has not changed who and what he is. He had a good run with Pittsburgh, and Big Ben.

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with his subpar play in Miami.

Where did I say I was satisfied? I'm merely countering the idea that he was spraying the ball all over the field in the first half.

The posters on this board have an idealized view of QB play and when Tannehill doesn't live up, he sucks.

Nobody you're addressing directly in your quotes ever used the word "sucks" when describing Tannehill. Are there people like that? Yup. There are over-reactors on both sides though.

Another angle shows him leaning towards the side line and there is no need to do that. He is trying to catch it against his chest. If he simply runs forward and reaches up to eye level, it is a TD, easily.

yeah i see him leaning a bit from one of theangles i did see but again unless its right down the boundary i dont know how anyone can make it definitive...and i dont disagree that james jones td catch was more difficult but jones is also more physical with the ball in the air...we are talking about different type of skill set wrs...

Nobody you're addressing directly in your quotes ever used the word "sucks" when describing Tannehill. Are there people like that? Yup. There are over-reactors on both sides though.

Trying to put the blown TD on Tannehill, IMO, is ridiculous. I have no faith in Wallace's ability to make plays deep on anything except for simple catches. I hope there is a way out of his contract because we are way over paying for him.

The difference in the way some posters treat Tannehill and Wallace is striking. Tannehill is expected to be perfect. Wallace gets a pass (and drops it).

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

yeah i see him leaning a bit from one of theangles i did see but again unless its right down the boundary i dont know how anyone can make it definitive...and i dont disagree that james jones td catch was more difficult but jones is also more physical with the ball in the air...we are talking about different type of skill set wrs...

The ball is in the field of play. Period. Wallace doesn't need to leave his feet. How about he just continues on his path and reaches up to face height and catches the ball in stride? He just has no awareness. Wallace didn't need to be physical.

Hoops im curious if you had a chance to really look deeper, (and I know its hard to tell without access to the coaches film) how many throws you think Tanny forced?You already addressed the TD to Wallace and I've been hard pressed to really come up with any poor decisions.

Trying to put the blown TD on Tannehill, IMO, is ridiculous. I have no faith in Wallace's ability to make plays deep on anything except for simple catches. I hope there is a way out of his contract because we are way over paying for him.

The difference in the way some posters treat Tannehill and Wallace is striking. Tannehill is expected to be perfect. Wallace gets a pass (and drops it).

I don't know about perfect. But people have been talking about knowing who your receiver is, so Tanny doesn't throw passes which force Wallace to do things he simply doesn't do or not capable of.

As for moving on from him, I'm all for it as long as we replace his speed and bring in a guy who has upper echelon ball skills.

Sorry but I disagree. Wallace is a professional WR. My biggest problem with him is that he doesn't even approach the position properly. Everyone knows you shouldn't catch with your chest all the time. He doesn't just do it when he has no other choice. He is actually adjusting his body to catch it in the chest when the pass is there to be caught the proper way. This was a perfect example. He took himself out of bounds trying to catch the ball in the chest. Here he is leaning towards the sideline needlessly:

View attachment 12899

How many times have you seen him leap in the air to catch it in the belly on a crossing route? He robs himself of yards after catch.

All this talk this offseason about the JUGS machine after practice. I've gotten visions of him catching 50-100 balls in the chest and stomach after every practice.....

you need to watch some of his pittsburgh tape then...he's the same wr he was there...is he leaning on that yes but why do you say needlessly...the balls going to his outside shoulder he's tracking it in the air...sure it would be great if he had put two hands up in the air away from his body caught in and toe tapped but again that's not what he is...nor has ever been

you take him out of this offense and you take away clays impact in the middle of the field...does he frustrate me at times...sure he does...does he need more polish on some things like coming back to the damn ball...yep...but what we are getting is exactly what the steelers got when he was there...just we havent seen the over the top production yet as much but i think we will this year with how much they are gonna move him around...

and also give the guy credit for roasting revis on a sweet double move at least...i doubt anyone else on this roster could have pulled that one off and separated that much...

If Tannehill is a franchise QB we have to expect more from him....he has to be held to a higher standard. As a fan I am not going to be satisfied with that performance because I know he is better then that,

exactly...i didnt kill the qb i said that he needs to execute better...and i fully agree off the 2 years of his work i have seen and went over countless times he's fully capable of it...

Hoops im curious if you had a chance to really look deeper, (and I know its hard to tell without access to the coaches film) how many throws you think Tanny forced?You already addressed the TD to Wallace and I've been hard pressed to really come up with any poor decisions.

i didnt really see any...and i look for that stuff every time...the td to wallace the coverage usually dictates you go away from it but hey if the inside db is not looking at you you can fire it by him before he realizes where it is and he did just that...and he also held that further up lb on the play in the middle of the field collins with his eyes in order to get that lane

so imo that's called being a gunslinger...no manage the game crap...take the bull by the horns like a boss

i didnt really see any...and i look for that stuff every time...the td to wallace the coverage usually dictates you go away from it but hey if the inside db is not looking at you you can fire it by him before he realizes where it is and he did just that...and he also held that further up lb on the play in the middle of the field collins with his eyes in order to get that lane

so imo that's called being a gunslinger...no manage the game crap...take the bull by the horns like a boss

I thought a defender saw the play and deflected the ball. Wallace shockingly made a circus juggling catch.

I thought a defender saw the play and deflected the ball. Wallace shockingly made a circus juggling catch.

revis got a hand on it in the air but he was behind wallace it was not tipped til it touched wallace and revis hand...it's a timing route...ball was delivered at exactly the right time...but there was a lot of coverage over there...again though inside db had his head turned to wallace never saw the ball til it was by him

Back
Top Bottom