hoops scoops...fins patriots | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...fins patriots

There were a lot of QBs that didn't look sharp on Sunday...it being the first game and all. Tannehill is one of the few that was in a new offense though. His first new offense in 6 years. Andrew Luck looked like garbage in the first half against the Broncos, Foles fumbled twice and sacked 5 times in the first quarter against the Jags, Joe Flacco looked awful, Jay Cutler was bad, Alex Smith who just got a new contract looked like garbage.

Tannehill will improve as he gets more comfortable in the offense.

i'm looking at that wallace play right now he definitely didnt leave himself much space down the sideline but his path is tracking the ball in the air...if it's placed inside he adjust inside with his feet and it's an easy td...i mean if he had gone up and high pointed the ball then its a td but that's not his game...he wants to run under the ball and cradle it in his chest...

i think it's a little hard on wallace personally given what his game is and will always be...he tried to toe tap that other foot but his momentum was carrying him out of bounds

i saw other examples that got my goat a lot more

I was very impressed with the gameplan, playcalling, and general play design on offense. I think we should have scored at least 40 points. I dont think anyone can question the importance of OT now, and our decision to sign Branden Albert and draft Ja'Wuan James. And I dont think anyone can question the decision to sign Knowshon Moreno over Toby Gehart. Its only game 1, but the moves we made during the offseason appear to be good moves.

Regarding the LBs, its going to hurt us next week when we play a rushing team. We got away with having a depleted LB corps this week because we were in a coverage base all game, but next week when we play the Bills we need some LBs that can scrape the the LOS and make tackles.

Anyone know if Coyle was on the sideline or in the booth during the game? Great halftime adjustments but I am wondering why we didn't make those adjustments after that long 90 yard drive in the 1st half.

Tannehill's botched throw to Wallace on that crispy double move was brutal. Throw it further inside and it's a TD.

I don't know about this QB at all.

hoops, who do you think we sign today? I'm thinking maybe clemmons comes back, we could use a lb or two at least for depth

hoops, who do you think we sign today? I'm thinking maybe clemmons comes back, we could use a lb or two at least for depth.

with the way the starting safeties played i doubt we sign clemons this week...wilson needs to tackle a little better but coming off that effort i think they may sit on what they have and have clemons as a plan b...delmas has a much better feel in the passing game than clemons...better instincts he's gonna catch some qbs staring down some things in the middle of the field and make plays on the ball

that said if they sign clemons i'm cool with it too

zounds both coordinators were on the sideline...

i'm looking at that wallace play right now he definitely didnt leave himself much space down the sideline but his path is tracking the ball in the air...if it's placed inside he adjust inside with his feet and it's an easy td...i mean if he had gone up and high pointed the ball then its a td but that's not his game...he wants to run under the ball and cradle it in his chest...

i think it's a little hard on wallace personally given what his game is and will always be...he tried to toe tap that other foot but his momentum was carrying him out of bounds

i saw other examples that got my goat a lot more
Which is the problem I have. Because Mike Wallace can't make those plays on the sideline like Hartline, he's a body catcher and passes bounce off his chest, he wants to cradle every deep ball, and in general isn't QB friendly then it all falls on Tannehill when they don't connect. I think that's a little hard on the QB IMO, you think it's being hard on the WR. That's where we differ cause I see WRs making plays for their QBs all over the league but because Wallace can't or won't the blame falls on Tannehill.

Which is the problem I have. Because Mike Wallace can't make those plays on the sideline like Hartline, he's a body catcher and passes bounce off his chest, he wants to cradle every deep ball, and in general isn't QB friendly then it all falls on Tannehill when they don't connect. I think that's a little hard on the QB IMO, you think it's being hard on the WR. That's where we differ cause I see WRs making plays for their QBs all over the league but because Wallace can't or won't the blame falls on Tannehill.

yeah but we should have known that when we signed him...that's the same game he had in pittsburgh...no different...always is gonna be too...they are moving him around enough where he's gonna still make a bunch of plays...i dont really blame anyone on that play unless he was able to set his feet but ideally that balls inside and it's a easy td

If that was a bad performance from Tannehill for the season we're cooking with gas.

We could have some horrifying decisions on our hands when Jordan and Jones are set to come back. Who in the **** do we cut to make room for Jordan, especially if what we saw in preseason is indicative of where his game is at.

with the way the starting safeties played i doubt we sign clemons this week...wilson needs to tackle a little better but coming off that effort i think they may sit on what they have and have clemons as a plan b...delmas has a much better feel in the passing game than clemons...better instincts he's gonna catch some qbs staring down some things in the middle of the field and make plays on the ball

that said if they sign clemons i'm cool with it too

zounds both coordinators were on the sideline...

Jones may be back sooner than expected, and we did well at safety this week. I still add Clemons for cheap depth and insurance.

wilson could have a concussion off that cheap shot pick play and so that could come into play also regarding a clemons signing...i know he came back in but that looked pretty nasty to me...kinda thing he may be feeling effects of now

Back
Top Bottom