hoops scoops...fins patriots | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...fins patriots

Tanny made some poor throws, especially in the first half but our receivers dropped some key passes also. I'll give Sims a kinda pass but Landry and Clay dropped some big gains that they need to catch. All in all we put up 33 despite inconsistent play from the qb and some key drops. I'll venture to say it should only get better

wilson could have a concussion off that cheap shot pick play and so that could come into play also regarding a clemons signing...i know he came back in but that looked pretty nasty to me...kinda thing he may be feeling effects of now

Agree. Either way Clemons is a cheap upgrade at safety.

sims isn't used to carrying routes that far...what a great play design...but over the shoulder catches i don't think are gonna be a sims strength...that ball though was dropped in the bucket as if on a pillow...the defender also got a hand in there after the ball had hit sims hands but i dont think it mattered much...looked like he was gonna drop it either way

the tannehill missed double move with wallace the play design he's suppose to be able to stop and set up just slightly over from the middle of the field instead he has to take an extra two steps and throw on the move to get space from a closing wilfork...and i think that's the reason for no connect above all else

If that was a bad performance from Tannehill for the season we're cooking with gas.

We could have some horrifying decisions on our hands when Jordan and Jones are set to come back. Who in the **** do we cut to make room for Jordan, especially if what we saw in preseason is indicative of where his game is at.

A DT is an easy cut for Jordan.

Yeah... Tannehill had some BAD throws in the game, but IMO that one to Wallace on the outside of the end zone wasn't one of them. That was a damn good throw considering he was running for his life and couldn't square up that I could see.

Mike Wallace HAS to get his feet in bounds. He redeemed himself with that great TD catch, but it is what it is.

Exactly, as I was watching that play where I was watching the game, I telling the guy next to me that, maybe not a perfect throw, but there are times a QB has little to be able to plant his feet and make the perfect throw, sometimes the big money receiver has to make the big money catch, just like the catch against Revis for the TD...got to make those catches if you consider yourself the man.

Everyone says Wallace must bail out his qb. When can we expect the qb to put his wrs in better position to succeed?

Good write up as always hoops....

I agree on the Offensive scheme and play calling....Lazor understands the game and for a week one performance....pretty impressive.

I love the running attack...that is going to wear teams down and will open things up for Tannehill....would have loved to have seen Clay, Gibby and Matthews involved more, but I'm sure that will come once this offense get more comfortable in this offense...but for a game one effort....excellent overall.

Everyone says Wallace must bail out his qb. When can we expect the qb to put his wrs in better position to succeed?

Doesn't seem like anyone else on this team at WR has a problem. Did Clay not have a break out year last year? I guess it wasn't Tannehill throwing him the ball. Does Hartline not have back-to-back 1000 yard seasons? Yeah Tannehill wasn't the QB for him either. Was Gibson not on his way to being our best slot receiver and best YAC receiver on the team last year before he got injured? Oops...Tannehill must have been sitting at home watching the game when Gibson was catching passes.

I just honestly believe that the blame for missed opportunities goes both ways. The interception I would have to say is 100% on Tannehill. But Mike Wallace is being paid a lot of money to make plays -- keep your feet in bounds, man.

I watched that play where they both spun and sacked Brady like 6 times. It was like synchronized sacking. Should turn it into an Olympic sport!

I was very impressed with the gameplan, playcalling, and general play design on offense. I think we should have scored at least 40 points. I dont think anyone can question the importance of OT now, and our decision to sign Branden Albert and draft Ja'Wuan James. And I dont think anyone can question the decision to sign Knowshon Moreno over Toby Gehart. Its only game 1, but the moves we made during the offseason appear to be good moves.

Regarding the LBs, its going to hurt us next week when we play a rushing team. We got away with having a depleted LB corps this week because we were in a coverage base all game, but next week when we play the Bills we need some LBs that can scrape the the LOS and make tackles.

Anyone know if Coyle was on the sideline or in the booth during the game? Great halftime adjustments but I am wondering why we didn't make those adjustments after that long 90 yard drive in the 1st half.

This is still a major concern. Thrilled the way the backups played but we can't expect that every game. There has to be some type of move made. Really don't want this to be end up being the reason we miss the playoffs.

i'm not sure im gonna put the ball to miller in the flat on the qb anymore...miller is looking over his shoulder to the outside...from where collins the lb has to come and he gets impeded evading a wr off the los in the first place (again great play design) i think miller has to show better awareness and look inside and then tannehill can lead him up the field on the inside...because hes looking outside the entire way tannehill is kinda caught in the middle on the throw...if he leads him outside he may not be able to turn up the field...

i think i'm gonna take that one off the qb

This is still a major concern. Thrilled the way the backups played but we can't expect that every game. There has to be some type of move made. Really don't want this to be end up being the reason we miss the playoffs.

our lb play is gonna be an issue no matter what we put up there...the nice thing to see was that jelani jenkins looked the part when he got his shot...i doubt it's gonna continue at that rate but he played damn well

no ones gonna trade us any difference making lbs...the leagues full of teams with poor lb play

dion sims gotta make that catch
charles clay missed one too wide open

lots of chance left out there - could have easily put up a 50 burger with that kind of play on d

Back
Top Bottom