hoops scoops...fins patriots | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...fins patriots

unbalanced sets out of the no huddle in week freaking 1 with a new offense....wooo hooo this oc is damn good...albert and james on the same side out of the no huddle...stop showing off lazor

:hi5:

best thing i can say about miamis offense yesterday was the patriots did not stop miami...miami stopped miami...that was it...again when the hell have we been able to say that

some are gonna say poor decision by tannehill on the wallace td catch...i'm gonna disagree...yeah there's bracket coverage with a lb further up the field also but the inside defender arrington never gets his head around to the qb and tannehill throws it outside right by him when he doesnt...kind of play i've seen aaron rodgers make a plenty...if the dbs head is turned at the wr and not locating the ball fire it right by him...not the best read but theres a window there...the placement of the ball was where it had to be

unbalanced sets out of the no huddle in week freaking 1 with a new offense....wooo hooo this oc is damn good...albert and james on the same side out of the no huddle...stop showing off lazor

:hi5:

best thing i can say about miamis offense yesterday was the patriots did not stop miami...miami stopped miami...that was it...again when the hell have we been able to say that

Crazy thing is, by what Tannehill and Wallace said, this is exactly the same way they feel as well.

One thing I really liked about Tannehill's press conference is he was really hard on himself. He knows he has to play better than he did in the first half and he didn't shy away from it. There were a ton of points left off the board. Which when you take into account that Fins still but up 33 that is amazing.

As far as Tannehill's stat line goes could you imagine the praise he would be getting if Wallace toe taps that one, Simms makes the TD catch, Wallace catches the one that bounces off his helmet, and Landry and Clay make those catches for big gains. That's a minimum of 100+ yards and 2 TD's. I really feel once the new season jitters settle this offense is going to hum.

It's also going to be awesome watching that defense take advantage of their opportunities from an offense that can score points.

As far as Tannehill's stat line goes could you imagine the praise he would be getting if Wallace toe taps that one, Simms makes the TD catch, Wallace catches the one that bounces off his helmet, and Landry and Clay make those catches for big gains. That's a minimum of 100+ yards and 2 TD's. I really feel once the new season jitters settle this offense is going to

And also if he had made some better throws.

That's what frustrates and excites me about this offense. They keep shooting themselves in the foot and yet... they are able to move the ball and score 33 points against a good defense. That's kind of incredible.

have to start with the qb...plain and simply tannehill placed balls poorly...

To talk about how poorly T-Hill played (and he was off -- looked way out of sync in the first half especially) without talking about some key things is to tell only half the story, imo. Like this: 1. How freakin' tough he played, getting smacked in the mouth helmet to helmet and hit hard enough to seriously think that his jaw was dislocated and play through it), and 2. The absolute DIME he threw downfield to Sims only to have it clang off both hands (Sims makes that catch and it's highlight material on ESPN), and 3. The amazing in stride throw to Clay in traffic -- again, clang. Another big-time throw that few QBs make. 4. The throw that he threw Hartline open on a hitch route, allowing him to make a key first down -- big time. Zipped it in there and perfect location. 5. The good throw that Landry dropped.

Tannehill, as badly as he played, still put his team in position to score more than they did. The TEs were getting one on one all day and still could not separate themselves. Clay (as well as Hartline) is showing his limitation in this offense. And Sims, well -- he's showing why no one will ever fear him downfield. Slow-footed and poor hands. Slow hips. IF Miami has a true threat TE or two and another threat WR than Wallace (hopefully Landry can step up) then wow! Average 28 points a game.

Tannehill, as badly as he played, played like a MAN. And if is WRs and TEs can make the catches they should make, it's a 40 point game -- even WITH his out-of-sync throws. Which will get better as he gets more comfortable w. this offense.

LD

Crazy thing is, by what Tannehill and Wallace said, this is exactly the same way they feel as well.

One thing I really liked about Tannehill's press conference is he was really hard on himself. He knows he has to play better than he did in the first half and he didn't shy away from it. There were a ton of points left off the board. Which when you take into account that Fins still but up 33 that is amazing.

As far as Tannehill's stat line goes could you imagine the praise he would be getting if Wallace toe taps that one, Simms makes the TD catch, Wallace catches the one that bounces off his helmet, and Landry and Clay make those catches for big gains. That's a minimum of 100+ yards and 2 TD's. I really feel once the new season jitters settle this offense is going to hum.

It's also going to be awesome watching that defense take advantage of their opportunities from an offense that can score points.
It helps when the defense and special teams can give the offense a short field to work with. The blocked punt, the two forced fumbles and fumble recoveries...when was the last time we recovered two fumbles in a game? I think we had 9 fumble recoveries all of last season.

The only thing I didn't like about Lazor's game plan was that it seemed like we were forcing the ball to Wallace early. In the 2nd half we spread the ball around a little more but I think after the first quarter only Wallace and Lamar Miller had been targeted in the passing game.

It helps when the defense and special teams can give the offense a short field to work with. The blocked punt, the two forced fumbles and fumble recoveries...when was the last time we recovered two fumbles in a game? I think we had 9 fumble recoveries all of last season.

The only thing I didn't like about Lazor's game plan was that it seemed like we were forcing the ball to Wallace early. In the 2nd half we spread the ball around a little more but I think after the first quarter only Wallace and Lamar Miller had been targeted in the passing game.

My sense was that Lazor was going all in to develop chemistry between RT and Wallace.

Hoops, you are being a little hard on the QB , every qb makes bad throws every game, it happens. I'll take 33 points and a handful of poor throws any game. I think Wallace is the problem , guy always looks lost out there and can't reel in a catch worth a ****, sloppy pass catcher. I really don't believe that there will ever be cohesion between Wallace and Tannehill. Hopefully there is a way we can get rid of #11 next year and get some value back.

holy hell did you guys see that damn block by landry from the slot on the moreno final td!!! a decleater...i lOVE that damn kid

Biggest pleasant surprise was Jelani Jenkins. He just may be playing himself into the team as a future starter. His desire was excellent and we still have Tripp to come back as well.
Hoops - Gibson didn't get many looks. He is very safe in taking his catches. Why was Wallace getting all of the passes?

To talk about how poorly T-Hill played (and he was off -- looked way out of sync in the first half especially) without talking about some key things is to tell only half the story, imo. Like this: 1. How freakin' tough he played, getting smacked in the mouth helmet to helmet and hit hard enough to seriously think that his jaw was dislocated and play through it), and 2. The absolute DIME he threw downfield to Sims only to have it clang off both hands (Sims makes that catch and it's highlight material on ESPN), and 3. The amazing in stride throw to Clay in traffic -- again, clang. Another big-time throw that few QBs make. 4. The throw that he threw Hartline open on a hitch route, allowing him to make a key first down -- big time. Zipped it in there and perfect location. 5. The good throw that Landry dropped.

Tannehill, as badly as he played, still put his team in position to score more than they did. The TEs were getting one on one all day and still could not separate themselves. Clay (as well as Hartline) is showing his limitation in this offense. And Sims, well -- he's showing why no one will ever fear him downfield. Slow-footed and poor hands. Slow hips. IF Miami has a true threat TE or two and another threat WR than Wallace (hopefully Landry can step up) then wow! Average 28 points a game.

Tannehill, as badly as he played, played like a MAN. And if is WRs and TEs can make the catches they should make, it's a 40 point game -- even WITH his out-of-sync throws. Which will get better as he gets more comfortable w. this offense.

LD

i know what that kids capable of...as such i expect more...this isn't a run of the mill talent qb or any of those scrub like qbs the jets and bills have...i admit i didnt mention some great plays he made cause well i expect him to make them...but to get to that high level i expect from him he's gonna have to execute better...end of story...the decision making was excellent the execution though wasn't always...

as far as the toughness i've talked about that before...last year especially...he's tough as nails...

keep in mind i have this kid as a top 5 ceiling nfl qb...over the long term...

holy hell did you guys see that damn block by landry from the slot on the moreno final td!!! a decleater...i lOVE that damn kid

I did. I haven't been impressed by Landry's blocking but that one was huge.

My sense was that Lazor was going all in to develop chemistry between RT and Wallace.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Wallace is the only true play maker with elite speed and Lazor is going to push his new toys talents to the limits. Also Wallace seems to play much better when he is incorporated early in the game. I think Lazor knows this as well.

You have that block and a Satale pancake on Wilfork earlier...guys were playing with fire...

Back
Top Bottom