hoops scoops...fins patriots | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...fins patriots

Hoops, you are being a little hard on the QB , every qb makes bad throws every game, it happens. I'll take 33 points and a handful of poor throws any game. I think Wallace is the problem , guy always looks lost out there and can't reel in a catch worth a ****, sloppy pass catcher. I really don't believe that there will ever be cohesion between Wallace and Tannehill. Hopefully there is a way we can get rid of #11 next year and get some value back.

see the prior response to ld....i don't really care what other qbs are doing...i know there are plenty of bad ones and missed opportunities from them...this kids a different level...

see the prior response to ld....i don't really care what other qbs are doing...i know there are plenty of bad ones and missed opportunities from them...this kids a different level...

Not really an excuse for him....but this the first time he's played in this offense at true game speed....Wallace was flying yesterday....he may have had an OK day, but the dude was moving...Tanny needs to adjust for that...hopefully that comes by the bye.

Dat offense doh....

DAMN-1.gif

Not really an excuse for him....but this the first time he's played in this offense at true game speed....Wallace was flying yesterday....he may have had an OK day, but the dude was moving...Tanny needs to adjust for that...hopefully that comes by the bye.

Dat offense doh....

DAMN-1.gif

and i said that this was his first time playing in anything other than shermans o in college or the pros...and i get that...but it wasnt the offense or lack of familiarity that didnt get some things done it was execution from the qb...he directed the offense damn well...and he had a few guys not make some plays but elite level qbs overcome that stuff

especially when you have an offensive gameplan as good as ours...i am in no way backing off what i said 2 years ago...this kids top level nfl legit...just execute the plays that are there to be made...cause there will be plenty this year

and i said that this was his first time playing in anything other than shermans o in college or the pros...and i get that...but it wasnt the offense or lack of familiarity that didnt get some things done it was execution from the qb...he directed the offense damn well...and he had a few guys not make some plays but elite level qbs overcome that stuff

especially when you have an offensive gameplan as good as ours...i am in no way backing off what i said 2 years ago...this kids top level nfl legit...just execute the plays that are there to be made...cause there will be plenty this year

I'm with you, hoops. I think he's legit, and I expect him to play better.

But a couple of things that I did like yesterday: the Patriots coverage in the secondary was actually pretty dang good. Even with Browner out, they have good cornerbacks and the coverage was tight. I think last year, Tannehill might have been serving up a few more interceptions trying to force some throws...

... and I think he showed the ability to adjust and snap out of a funk in the second half, and that was something I was concerned about with him.

i noticed wallace was fired up when it was 33-20 late, going over and congratulating wake on the bench. i think he's going to step it up with moreno beasting. i'd like to see gibson targeted more. tannehill was much better after he got warmed up, this isn't midseason. at the moment the only concern is linebacker depth.

pouncey, jones and jordan return after week 4, right? we should be undefeated.

Wallace is the only threat we have that can consistently get open deep regardless of who is covering him. Besides his one TD he probably should have had two more. I think Lazor knows this and wanted to push the matter not only for this game but to put that idea in every others team D strategy going forward. The other guys should benefit down the road as should our running game if they decide to try and take Mike out of the game with double coverage.
Funny we cut Samson because he could not handle large D tackles like Wilford. Sure handled him for the most part yesterday. That was the biggest surprise to me along with how well the backup LB's played.

On the Wallace missing that catch, I wish he would have turn his head the other way when the ball was in the air. I know its a hard adjustment but looking over his left shoulder pulls him out of bounds, if he's looking over his right its a TD, but also right, Tannehill has to give him more room to work with especially when open. Is what it is. I love the swagger the Defense showed, guys attitudes are rubbing off on the guys who have been here. Delmas, Finnnegan, McCain, even Davis all chirping and having fun. Loved it. Same with the Offense, Moreno, Albert, Colledge all have added an attitude we've been missing for a very long time. That attitude is infectious. I was loving it. I like the fire Philbin was coaching with. 1 min and 47 secs and he's amped up yelling stuff at Coyle. God I love when we play fun football. We have a team this year, that's what we have.

Also Ryan needs to throw to space for Wallace stop trying to hit him where he is but where he can get to with the most room. Both missed long throws are TDs if he throws to the open sides of the field.

i know what that kids capable of...as such i expect more...this isn't a run of the mill talent qb or any of those scrub like qbs the jets and bills have...i admit i didnt mention some great plays he made cause well i expect him to make them...but to get to that high level i expect from him he's gonna have to execute better...end of story...the decision making was excellent the execution though wasn't always...

as far as the toughness i've talked about that before...last year especially...he's tough as nails...

keep in mind i have this kid as a top 5 ceiling nfl qb...over the long term...

You're right. I should put your game analysis in the context of your overall vision for the QB.

Good stuff, as usual!

LD

Wallace is the only threat we have that can consistently get open deep regardless of who is covering him. Besides his one TD he probably should have had two more. I think Lazor knows this and wanted to push the matter not only for this game but to put that idea in every others team D strategy going forward. The other guys should benefit down the road as should our running game if they decide to try and take Mike out of the game with double coverage.
Funny we cut Samson because he could not handle large D tackles like Wilford. Sure handled him for the most part yesterday. That was the biggest surprise to me along with how well the backup LB's played.

Very true.

And as soon as we get another true threat at WR (including Landry stepping up) and a true threat at TE (Clay and Sims are the definition of mediocre downfield) this offense is really gonna be deadly.

LD

And yeah Earl Mitchell deserves some love, he was constantly penetrating (so were Starks and Odrick) even when we couldn't get to Brady early. And the D-Line doing what they do makes me giddy because it wasn't that long ago when we played the Pats on MNF week 1 where I'd watch us blitz and still get nowhere near Brady (seriously there was a play when Brady had over 10 seconds, nobody could get open and he literally brought the ball down to his waist before throwing it)

I told everyone that would listen that Mitchell was a major upgrade over Soliai within a 4-3 scheme. I have been very excited about his potential since we signed hi .

i noticed wallace was fired up when it was 33-20 late, going over and congratulating wake on the bench. i think he's going to step it up with moreno beasting. i'd like to see gibson targeted more. tannehill was much better after he got warmed up, this isn't midseason. at the moment the only concern is linebacker depth.

pouncey, jones and jordan return after week 4, right? we should be undefeated.

I loved Wallace lowering the shoulder. Hickey really did a good job adding players with attitude: Moreno, Delmas, Finnegan, Albert, and Mitchell. I truly believe their example has made given an edge to the rest of our players.

I loved Wallace lowering the shoulder. Hickey really did a good job adding players with attitude: Moreno, Delmas, Finnegan, Albert, and Mitchell. I truly believe their example has made given an edge to the rest of our players.

yeah i agree...hickey had done a really good job so far...his moves are looking really damn good

one thing i will say about finnegan is he has me uneasy about taking stupid penalties for taunting and what not...he's hitting guys after the whistle etc and while i like the physical play he brings i don't want the shenanigans

yeah i agree...hickey had done a really good job so far...his moves are looking really damn good

one thing i will say about finnegan is he has me uneasy about taking stupid penalties for taunting and what not...he's hitting guys after the whistle etc and while i like the physical play he brings i don't want the shenanigans

Historically that's a concern with Finnegan and most likely he'll get a stupid penalty or two sometime this season...but if I were him I probably would have done the same. When the Pats started losing the lead and especially when we tied it at 20-20 I noticed they were taking a lot of cheap shots. I saw forearms to the back of helmets, the cheap shot on Jimmy Wilson (that's an illegal pick play too and I don't think they would have thrown the flag had Jimmy Wilson not had his helmet knocked off), nearly taking Finnegan's head off when he broke on the ball in front of LaFell, they just about took Hartline's head off on a sideline play. The shot to the chin on Tannehill who said his jaw popped out for a second. They were playing dirty when they felt it slipping away so in this case I was all for Finnegan clocking someone.

Historically that's a concern with Finnegan and most likely he'll get a stupid penalty or two sometime this season...but if I were him I probably would have done the same. When the Pats started losing the lead and especially when we tied it at 20-20 I noticed they were taking a lot of cheap shots. I saw forearms to the back of helmets, the cheap shot on Jimmy Wilson (that's an illegal pick play too and I don't think they would have thrown the flag had Jimmy Wilson not had his helmet knocked off), nearly taking Finnegan's head off when he broke on the ball in front of LaFell, they just about took Hartline's head off on a sideline play. The shot to the chin on Tannehill who said his jaw popped out for a second. They were playing dirty when they felt it slipping away so in this case I was all for Finnegan clocking someone.

tannys jaw popped out??? did not know that...yeah they were playing dirty...the illegal picks are a staple of their offense...that's fair they were definitely doing some dirty stuff...they were also dropping their entire body weight on the qb...both the lb blitz hit and the jones ones...at least the ref got those calls right

frustrated with their inability to get to him...i just saw finny doing some dumb stuff with amendola especially

Back
Top Bottom