hooshoops prospect takes... | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hooshoops prospect takes...

The more I view Sheldon Richardson the more I like him for Miami but conversely the less likely I think it becomes that Miami has a shot at him at #12 overall. I think Sheldon Richardson, Star Lotulelei, Luke Joeckel, Manti Te'o and Bjoern Werner will all be off the board by the time Miami selects at #12 overall. Seven other players will also be off the board too, which is frustrating.

I think Dee Milliner, Johnthan Banks, Cordarrelle Patterson, Tyler Eifert, Lane Johnson, Taylor Lewan, Zeke Ansah and MAYBE Alex Okafor could be on the short list come draft day.

Right now I think Lane Johnson is more likely to fit the scheme than Eric Fisher or Taylor Lewan, but Lewan comes in a close second place there. Luke Joeckel would be an obvious fit but he will be gone, IMO.

Folks thinking Jeff Ireland will take a guard at #12, I think Jonathan Cooper is a better guess than Chance Warmack. Personal opinion.

The light-bodied pass rushers like Jarvis Jones, KeKe Mingo, Dion Jordan or Damontre Moore, I do not see Miami going after any one of those guys. I don't think it's something they prefer in their scheme, nor do I see it being part of their priorities. There are certain things they want to make sure they're getting out of any 1st rounder they take that I do not think lend themselves to taking one of the above.

On the other hand Zeke Ansah fits more what they could be looking for. As does Sam Montgomery and MAYBE Alex Okafor.

When all is said and done I think Cordarrelle Patterson ends up going above Keenan Allen. Not necessarily saying I agree but that's my objective prediction for how the NFL will come out. I haven't really 'settled' on anything as far as position rankings and whatnot, but I only finally got around to sitting down and watching 5 more games of Cordarrelle's...and personally, I'm sorry I ever doubted him. Jim Harbaugh used a term to describe Cam Newton in 2011. He said "plutonium-grade raw material". That's the term I'd use to describe Cordarrelle Patterson. You hear this tossed around about Tavon Austin that if he were 6 inches taller he'd be a top 10 pick. Cordarrelle Patterson is Tavon Austin except 6 inches taller.

If I had to guess Miami's #12 pick today, it'd be a tossup between Patterson and Cooper. The WR class is so rich, I could see them putting it off for the 2nd and 3rd Rounds and drafting a guy who would give Miami the most athletic LC/C combo in the league. If it were me, I wouldn't get too cute. WR is our biggest need, and I think Patterson is well worth the 12th overall pick. This is assuming Patterson is available. Your closing comment about Patterson and Austin works well for me.

I also agree after workouts I don't expect Richardson to be there when we pick . . . and thank goodness for that as I think Ireland probably couldn't pass that guy up. I don't consider it a great investment if we are drafting a DT in the top 15 when one of your GM's few strong points is finding DT talent, whether in round 1 or undrafted. This first round pick needs to be a pass rusher, a wide receiver or a CB. Cooper and Eifert at 12 is too rich for me . . . and I couldn't pass up Patterson or Allen at 12 for them.

Depending how things fall, I would not be opposed to a trade down at all, especially with the meat of this draft being on day 2. If I could trade down and nab Cooper/Eifert/Patterson/Allen and potentially have 3 2nd round picks . . . sign me up right now.

the problem with Richardson is he's got a low IQ and a poor work ethic off of the field. He failed out of Mizzou for skipping classes and was suspended this year.

I wouldn't be mad at all with Patterson at 12...or Allen for that matter. Allen is more polished but as stated Patterson has a ridiculous ceiling and really brings something special with those RAC skills. Another name to toss out there is Phillip Thomas. Might be a little bit rich at 12...but he is the best safety in this class IMO.

i watched robert woods bowl game and if not for that qb looking like straight *** he would have went off...i'd be stoked to get him at #42...whatever that guy is in the pros i like it

@TonyPauline: "As we've been reporting since start of October, Gavin Escobar/TE/SDSU officially in draft."

If the tight end position is ignored in the first couple of rounds, he could be an pretty good pickup in the third perhaps?

I remain very interested in Levine Toilolo. I don't know how a man that tall manages to play with that kind of pad level, but I find it very intriguing.

so far LSU is losing the following players to the draft
Barkevious Mingo
Kevin Minter
Brad Wing
Spencer Ware
Tharold Simon
Eric Reid
Michael Ford
Sam Montgomery
Bennie Logan

Still gonna have talent, but that is a lot to replace. Only 2 fairly easy will be Ford and Ware and that's because they have Hill and Blue

How do you college experts feel about Eddie Lacy in the pros? Now he is my kind of back! He is dominating today but I wonder is it the o line setting him up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lacy is a nice prospect in his own right, but he's not on the level of a Trent Richardson or even Mark Ingram.

i watched robert woods bowl game and if not for that qb looking like straight *** he would have went off...i'd be stoked to get him at #42...whatever that guy is in the pros i like it

Where do you have Woods in relation to the other WR's in the class?

I also like him pretty well at #42, but I go back and forth as to how I like him compared to Bailey and Patton.

Where do you have Woods in relation to the other WR's in the class?

I also like him pretty well at #42, but I go back and forth as to how I like him compared to Bailey and Patton.

somewhere in the top 5...haven't ranked em yet...will wait for the postseason stuff...

Back
Top Bottom