Hot Stove news | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hot Stove news

FaninPatsyLand said:
We've had an outstanding offseason so far, and the Front Office still isn't done. Every single move, or non move, this team has made has been the correct one. A couple more solid additions and we are going to be scary good not only for next year, but as we look to future of this organization.

It's going to be fun..

My brother lives in Boston, and I have a new family memeber to meet.. Also a good excuse to catch a game or 2 since I haven't been to Fenway since like 2001.. Maybe we can all catch a game togather sometime this year..

GreenMonster said:
My brother lives in Boston, and I have a new family memeber to meet.. Also a good excuse to catch a game or 2 since I haven't been to Fenway since like 2001.. Maybe we can all catch a game togather sometime this year..

Definitely man, that would be a blast...

FaninPatsyLand said:
Definitely man, that would be a blast...

Great to finally find some Sox fans to vent with.. Like you guys I am a huge Sox's fan, that really misses NESN and Fenway. Baseball is just not the same living in Georgia..

GreenMonster said:
Great to finally find some Sox fans to vent with.. Like you guys I am a huge Sox's fan, that really misses NESN and Fenway. Baseball is just not the same living in Georgia..

Yeah this is a nice little group we got here, it's definitely nice to talk baseball with the great fans that frequent this board. It's gonna be a great season.. I look forward to it man.

Baseball might not be the same living in Georgia, but at least you aren't freezing your *** off in the Noreaster that's about to hit tomorrow. But being originally from New England, I'm sure you know all about it.. :lol:

FaninPatsyLand said:
Yeah this is a nice little group we got here, it's definitely nice to talk baseball with the great fans that frequent this board. It's gonna be a great season.. I look forward to it man.

Baseball might not be the same living in Georgia, but at least you aren't freezing your *** off in the Noreaster that's about to hit tomorrow. But being originally from New England, I'm sure you know all about it.. :lol:

Haha no Noreaster, but it is 35 and raining which isn't fun with these crappy drivers down here.

GreenMonster said:
Haha no Noreaster, but it is 35 and raining which isn't fun with these crappy drivers down here.

Apparently you forgot about how GREAT (extreme sarcasism) MA drivers are... :lol:

Nomar has it down to the Blue Jays and Red Sox (YES RED SOX).

Should sign soon with one of them. Blue Jays have the lead. I think it would be funny as (*$& if he re-signs with Boston

MikeO said:
Nomar has it down to the Blue Jays and Red Sox (YES RED SOX).

Should sign soon with one of them. Blue Jays have the lead. I think it would be funny as (*$& if he re-signs with Boston

Link? Or where did you hear that? Just curious.

Ray Finkle said:
Link? Or where did you hear that? Just curious.

It was on ESPN this morning. Stark or Kurtchisn. I forget.

Cleveland is also in the mix as well. They are right up there...

MikeO said:
It was on ESPN this morning. Stark or Kurtchisn. I forget.

Oh ok, I was just wondering because I haven't heard that. I doubt he'll go back to Boston however I wouldn't mind bringing him back to play 1st though.

Ray Finkle said:
Oh ok, I was just wondering because I haven't heard that. I doubt he'll go back to Boston however I wouldn't mind bringing him back to play 1st though.

Boston was a long-shot but its being talked about since they have a huge hole at SS now. Cleveland and Toronto are right there. Boston is running 3rd.

Nomar was hoping for that CF spot with the Yanks.......but NY said they only want him as a back-up INF at 2B, 3B, SS, and 1B........Nomar didn't like that.

MikeO said:
Boston was a long-shot but its being talked about since they have a huge hole at SS now. Cleveland and Toronto are right there. Boston is running 3rd.

Nomar was hoping for that CF spot with the Yanks.......but NY said they only want him as a back-up INF at 2B, 3B, SS, and 1B........Nomar didn't like that.

I doubt the Sox or any team would have him back at SS. He's not great with the glove anymore and he'll get injuried more there. Like you and I both said he's best bet is at 1st or 3rd.

also......Pavano is as good as gone in NY. The Yanks have 7 starters and they refuse to move Wang (who everyone wants) and Chacon (who a lot of teams like). They wont' move them because it brings down their payroll since both are real cheap.

Pavano has interest from Philly and Seattle. Expect him to be moved for a CF like Jason Michael or Jeremy Reed. Obviously NY would get more in return, but Pavano is drawing huge interest and the Yanks are willing to part with him if the deal is right.

MikeO said:
also......Pavano is as good as gone in NY. The Yanks have 7 starters and they refuse to move Wang (who everyone wants) and Chacon (who a lot of teams like). They wont' move them because it brings down their payroll since both are real cheap.

Pavano has interest from Philly and Seattle. Expect him to be moved for a CF like Jason Michael or Jeremy Reed. Obviously NY would get more in return, but Pavano is drawing huge interest and the Yanks are willing to part with him if the deal is right.

I know Reed was rumored to be involved in a Zito deal that was rejected. So I'm sure he's on the market if the price is right. I know Michaels has been rumored in many talks (with both the Sox and Yankees). If the Yankees can trade Pavano they'll have to pay a big part of his contract though.

Mike would you do a Pavano and Wang and maybe Eric Duncan for Bobby Abreu?

Back
Top Bottom