Hot Stove news | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hot Stove news

Mike Myers is apparently going to join Alan Embree in the Yankee bullpen next year. He reportedly signed a 2 year deal. Hopefully Myers spend time watching Ortiz hit instead of joking around in the bullpen because he's going to be paid to try and get Ortiz out.

Jose Mesa is gonna be the new closer at Coors Field for the Rockies....I think the Rock's MLB worst ERA just got a lot worse.....can't wait for opening day at Coors....hopefully it won't be snowed out. :lol:

GreenMonster said:
How much is left on LoDuca's deal.. I like Hernandez, I guess the O's have given up on the often injured Lopez...

I believe 2 years at about $6M per. Plus, LoDuca's 4 years older, though admittedly, Hernandez would cost a draft pick to sign as opposed to a decent, but not great, prospect.

As for Hernandez in Baltimore, I think they're going to rotate Lopez and Hernandez at C and DH. If that's the plan, it makes some sense; keeps both guys fresh and healthy at a position that wears on players more than any other, though Hernandez is definitely the better defensive catcher at this point, so I'd look for him to play there more.

Roman529 said:
Jose Mesa is gonna be the new closer at Coors Field for the Rockies....I think the Rock's MLB worst ERA just got a lot worse.....can't wait for opening day at Coors....hopefully it won't be snowed out. :lol:

Joe Table at Coors Field. I love it.

Bill Mueller is going to sign with the LAD

Also big news per AP:

Miguel Tejada said Thursday he's unhappy with the Orioles' direction and wants to be traded. "I've been with the Orioles for two years and things haven't gone in the direction that we were expecting, so I think the best thing will be a change of scenery," he said in a phone interview.
A source close to Tejada, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said Tejada would like to be traded to a team on the East Coast, and specifically mentioned the Boston Red Sox as his choice destination.

I think the Boston F.O. is about to get on the phone and see what it could take to get Tejada.

Geez I'm trying to think about what could land Miggy with the Sox. Maybe the Sox could trade Clement and Nixon to Philly for Abreu and then spin Abreu and prospects for Miggy. Either way I don't see a straight up trade between the O's and Boston.

Does anyone know if Tejeda has a no trade claus in his contract?

A Manny for Tejeda deal would work for both teams I think too.

Ray Finkle said:
Geez I'm trying to think about what could land Miggy with the Sox. Maybe the Sox could trade Clement and Nixon to Philly for Abreu and then spin Abreu and prospects for Miggy. Either way I don't see a straight up trade between the O's and Boston.

Does anyone know if Tejeda has a no trade claus in his contract?

That's probably the most logical idea I've heard yet for Ramirez.

Ray Finkle said:

That would NEVER happen. Let me repeat that so it sinks in.. that will NEVER happen.

You don't trade the best Shortstop in baseball to your divisional rival. Even the thought of such a trade is asinine.

Let's ship them inside the AL East and watch him burn us 19 times a year. I mean seriously, that's just ridiculous. And if it ever happened (again, it won't) then the front office is filled with a bunch of idiots.

FaninPatsyLand said:
et's ship them inside the AL East and watch him burn us 19 times a year. I mean seriously, that's just ridiculous. And if it ever happened (again, it won't) then the front office is filled with a bunch of idiots.

Hmmmm...... Baltimore's front office is filled with a bunch of idiots.

FaninPatsyLand said:

:lol: :rofl3:

I do agree that it probably won't happen, however I feel that anything is in fact possible. Baltimore still doesn't understand that you need PITCHING to win. Signing two expensive catchers within 3 years of each other just shows you how dumb they are.

This isn't like the Red Sox and Yankees doing a trade. Baltimore has finished 3rd or 4th since what 1998? They have tons of money but spend it on hitting.

If I were to guess whether Tejeda gets traded anywhere I'd say maybe a 10% chance. Him getting traded to Boston is more of a 3% chance. I'll still say never say never.... (I never thought the Sox could get Beckett and trade Renteria for a top 10 prospect either).

FaninPatsyLand said:
That would NEVER happen. Let me repeat that so it sinks in.. that will NEVER happen.

You don't trade the best Shortstop in baseball to your divisional rival. Even the thought of such a trade is asinine.

Let's ship them inside the AL East and watch him burn us 19 times a year. I mean seriously, that's just ridiculous. And if it ever happened (again, it won't) then the front office is filled with a bunch of idiots.

Do you know how happy I would be if this happened. This offseason has been great, and if we have to move Manny, we will be getting something good back. I can't remember an offseason in which I have been in total awe of the good moves we have made so far...

GreenMonster said:
I can't remember an offseason in which I have been in total awe of the good moves we have made so far...

And the best part is whenever I wake up and check the Red Sox roster those players are still there which means I wasn't just dreaming! :D

GreenMonster said:
Do you know how happy I would be if this happened. This offseason has been great, and if we have to move Manny, we will be getting something good back. I can't remember an offseason in which I have been in total awe of the good moves we have made so far...

We've had an outstanding offseason so far, and the Front Office still isn't done. Every single move, or non move, this team has made has been the correct one. A couple more solid additions and we are going to be scary good not only for next year, but as we look to future of this organization.

It's going to be fun..

Back
Top Bottom