Hot Stove news | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hot Stove news

i dont know if u guys seen it but Braves traded Danny Kolb back to the Brewers for Wes Obermueller.

would be funny if Kolb has a great year.

GreenMonster said:
How much is left on LoDuca's deal.. I like Hernandez, I guess the O's have given up on the often injured Lopez...

i would guess they move him to DH and for him to catch a few games here and there to keep him healthy.

Nappy Roots said:
i would guess they move him to DH and for him to catch a few games here and there to keep him healthy.

Agreed, I guess they finally figured out this guy will never play if he tries to catch 140 games a year.. He is still a decent hitter..

Nappy Roots said:
i dont know if u guys seen it but Braves traded Danny Kolb back to the Brewers for Wes Obermueller.

The Braves would have taken back a box of news balls for this guy.. He took so much heat on the radio and in the papers it makes Boston look like we loved Renteria..

Nappy Roots said:

Good point. Everyone says that the Braves GM is one of the best in baseball but he's made some bad moves recently including the Kolb deals and now the Renteria one.

Ray Finkle said:
I know you guys just got a new FO however apparently the Braves offered the Rays Marte and Estrada before the Red Sox got involved and the Rays said no they wanted more.

I honestly don't understand what they expect to get for Lugo. He's a nice play however he'll only be with the Rays for a year, when he becomes a FA and will probably sign else where for more money. Take last year for example they were going to get Lastings Milledge, Anibal Sanchez, Hanley Ramirez and Aaron Heliman for Danny Baez and Audrey Huff but they said no. I just don't understand what they're looking to get. Maybe they overvalue their players.

ive never read anything that said we were offered Marte and Estrada for Lugo.

we were offered Estrada by himself, i doubt they would throw Marte into the deal like that.

and on the other deal, we are stacked full of OFs as it is, we have BJ Upton & Lugo at SS, guess we could of moved Ramirez to 3rd, and Heilman is garbage.

for a closer that produces, and the best hitter in the history of our franchise?

I am surprised that Ramon H. gets a huge contract, and Estrada gets moved for 2 decent minor league releivers. Seems like Shurholtz could have gotten more Estrada..

Nappy Roots said:
ive never read anything that said we were offered Marte and Estrada for Lugo.

we were offered Estrada by himself, i doubt they would throw Marte into the deal like that.

and on the other deal, we are stacked full of OFs as it is, we have BJ Upton & Lugo at SS, guess we could of moved Ramirez to 3rd, and Heilman is garbage.

for a closer that produces, and the best hitter in the history of our franchise?

From rotoworld.com:

Dec. 6
News
: The Devil Rays appear very likely to trade Lugo away before the winter meetings end, even if it's grudgingly so, the Tampa Tribune reports. Atlanta appears to be the team with the most interest in Lugo and apparently is offering third baseman Andy Marte and a catcher, either Johnny Estrada or Brian McCann.

If your Tampa you have to make that deal. They're getting 4 young good players who could all turn into superstars. And yes you trade your closer and best hitter from them because with Baez and Huff the Rays have been in last place. With the 4 kids they're getting and with the kids they have in their farm they could be a force in the future years. Plus Baez and Huff will leave once their contracts come up away. Tampa can't afford them.

Ray Finkle said:
From rotoworld.com:

Dec. 6
News: The Devil Rays appear very likely to trade Lugo away before the winter meetings end, even if it's grudgingly so, the Tampa Tribune reports. Atlanta appears to be the team with the most interest in Lugo and apparently is offering third baseman Andy Marte and a catcher, either Johnny Estrada or Brian McCann.

i dont believe that.

Ray Finkle said:
If your Tampa you have to make that deal. They're getting 4 young good players who could all turn into superstars. And yes you trade your closer and best hitter from them because with Baez and Huff the Rays have been in last place. With the 4 kids they're getting and with the kids they have in their farm they could be a force in the future years. Plus Baez and Huff will leave once their contracts come up away. Tampa can't afford them.

Aaron Heilman turn into a superstar? hes garbage. and like i said, even if Millege turns into a superstar, where we going to put him?

The Mets have offered Julio Franco a two year contract.

I would love him on the Mets bench!

Nappy Roots said:
i dont believe that.

Aaron Heilman turn into a superstar? hes garbage. and like i said, even if Millege turns into a superstar, where we going to put him?

Um, one, that's completely untrue; Heilman was outstanding last year, and was probably as good as Danys Baez. Baez had a lower ERA and better ERA+, but Heilman had a far superior K/BB ratio and K/9 IP ratio, which usually is a better indicator of long-term success. Do your homework before bashing guys.

And two, what exactly are you talking about? The above post just talks about a Lugo to the Sox trade.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
The Mets have offered Julio Franco a two year contract.

I would love him on the Mets bench!

Two years? Jeez, I hope they're not offering much more than the vet minimum.

phunwin said:
Um, one, that's completely untrue; Heilman was outstanding last year, and was probably as good as Danys Baez. Baez had a lower ERA and better ERA+, but Heilman had a far superior K/BB ratio and K/9 IP ratio, which usually is a better indicator of long-term success. Do your homework before bashing guys.

And two, what exactly are you talking about? The above post just talks about a Lugo to the Sox trade.

ok, well what i meant to say is, Heilman is garbage as a starter, which was what he would of been with us.

we are talkin about the Rays turning down a trade for Hielman, Hanley Rameriz, and lastings millege for Baez and Huff. (supposibly)

Back
Top Bottom