Hot Stove news | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hot Stove news

Ray Finkle said:
I'll take Cora or Gonzalez or even Cesar Istzuis (spelling?) from LAD in a trade. I don't care if we get one of those guys and they hit .230. Getting rid of Renteria for a stud top 10 prospect in Andy Marte, you have to do it. The Sox are getting better and younger. I love it.

This move is GREAT for the future, maybe not in 2006. But I'll deal with it for a year and not biitch once if that means keeping Marte and the rest of our good pitching prospects like Hansen, PApelbon and Lester.

Baseball America had Marte ranked 9th last year and Hanley 10th for what its worth.. Marte has shown more in the minors than Hanley ever had leading A ball in RBI in 2002..

GreenMonster said:
I find it interesting that the Braves would rather have Edgar and save 20mil, then have Furcal and Marte for the next 3 years. They have become cheap and the run of division titles is over. I am know many Braves fans are pissed..

I've heard the "Braves are going down" song before, so I'll believe it when I see it. But, things certainly don't look good in the ATL, which is fine by me.

ChambersWI said:
apparantly Marte will be shipped down to Tampa for Lugo (according to Gammons)

Gammons never knows what hes talking about. Most his stuff is his opinion. I hope hes right though.

ChambersWI said:
apparantly Marte will be shipped down to Tampa for Lugo (according to Gammons)

I've read differently. Apparently we are gonna hold onto Marte and pick up a cheap SS via Free Agency.

I really hope we don't trade Marte..

Nappy Roots said:
Gammons never knows what hes talking about. Most his stuff is his opinion. I hope hes right though.

I totally agree with what you said about Gammons. He just likes to speculate on things and never has the facts.

I hope he's wrong though. I'd rather keep Marte and put Cora at SS then trade him for Lugo for 1 year.

phunwin said:
I've heard the "Braves are going down" song before, so I'll believe it when I see it. But, things certainly don't look good in the ATL, which is fine by me.

I have never said it, but they have never been cheap like this also. They hardly ever traded there prospects in the past and have been moving plenty of goods ones lately. I have a great respect for the Braves, but they have made there far share of shaky moves the last 2 years. I love the lineup the Braves will trot out the next couple of years, but they are getting pretty thin top line starters, and the bullpen needs a couple of major upgrades. I am torn whether Smotlz should move back to the pen, with the troubles there, and the amount of decent starters they have..

Ray Finkle said:
I totally agree with what you said about Gammons. He just likes to speculate on things and never has the facts.

I hope he's wrong though. I'd rather keep Marte and put Cora at SS then trade him for Lugo for 1 year.

if i was u i would to. I wanted Marte. I dont think we are going to get him now, but im pissed we were cut out of the deal

GreenMonster said:
I have never said it, but they have never been cheap like this also. They hardly ever traded there prospects in the past and have been moving plenty of goods ones lately. I have a great respect for the Braves, but they have made there far share of shaky moves the last 2 years. I love the lineup the Braves will trot out the next couple of years, but they are getting pretty thin top line starters, and the bullpen needs a couple of major upgrades. I am torn whether Smotlz should move back to the pen, with the troubles there, and the amount of decent starters they have..

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you have. But I'd wager that for the last four years, there's been a "chic" pick to win the East based on the "Braves are going down...and this time we mean it" theory. As far as I'm concerned, they're like Rasputin. They absolutely will not die, no matter what happens to them.

Nappy Roots said:
if i was u i would to. I wanted Marte. I dont think we are going to get him now, but im pissed we were cut out of the deal

Apparently the Rays wanted Marte and at least another prospect for Lugo. I don't understand that one. I really think Tampa should change their F.O. again they're killing their teams chances of getting good young players.

Ray Finkle said:
Apparently the Rays wanted Marte and at least another prospect for Lugo. I don't understand that one. I really think Tampa should change their F.O. again they're killing their teams chances of getting good young players.

again? we have a brand new FO :rofl3:

phunwin said:
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you have. But I'd wager that for the last four years, there's been a "chic" pick to win the East based on the "Braves are going down...and this time we mean it" theory. As far as I'm concerned, they're like Rasputin. They absolutely will not die, no matter what happens to them.

I didn't mean it like that sorry, I living in Atlanta have seen why this franchise has been great every year. I haven't seen a reason to question them in the past few years but a couple of these moves I have seen recently make me think they may be content with rebuilding instead of continued excellence. They do have a very solid farm system, but is seems to me they could have saved Marte for some quality pitching if they were gonna move him and not a player like Renteria who we are actively giving away..

Nappy Roots said:
again? we have a brand new FO :rofl3:

I know you guys just got a new FO however apparently the Braves offered the Rays Marte and Estrada before the Red Sox got involved and the Rays said no they wanted more.

I honestly don't understand what they expect to get for Lugo. He's a nice play however he'll only be with the Rays for a year, when he becomes a FA and will probably sign else where for more money. Take last year for example they were going to get Lastings Milledge, Anibal Sanchez, Hanley Ramirez and Aaron Heliman for Danny Baez and Audrey Huff but they said no. I just don't understand what they're looking to get. Maybe they overvalue their players.

Back
Top Bottom